SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
You haven't been privileged to the wonderful crazy world of <name deleted> before?

section 8 certifiable loony, he was actually banned by the flat earth society for being weird.

That speaks volumes about his current stance.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/06/14 08:11 PM.
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,914
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,914
And as long as I'm on a roll.......Tell you something else that I'd like to get straight. I wont get personal.....but let's just call it the production team......They are in the business to create, market and sell a product to the PUBLIC. That's their jobs.....right? With that comes day to day stress, perhaps in dealing with the public. Sometimes, the public...or for many of us, the guys that put up the initial cash for the project, get a little upset with the way things are going, and might get a little critical. You know what...it comes with the profession they chose...not me. Deal with it, learn to communicate in a respectful manner to the customers. It comes with the job.

When I see the "poor ________, they worked so hard on this trying to please us" excuses, like we are tearing someones heart out because we are making a point counter to the "politically correct" forum demeanor, well it gets me....You know why? Because many of us, are doctors, lawyers, police officers, nurses, social workers, teachers, mental health counselors, and the lists goes on. We have stress too, and very often, life and death decisions, every day or at least very often, and we don't expect the baby talk, or pampered down rhetoric with our professions. No one asked us to be whatever profession we chose.....

If you look here in this forum....you will see that many of us are older guys, with plenty of life experiences and not rebel rousing hooligans trying to stir up trouble. I saw a lot of guys get labeled, branded, trouble makers on that forum, who in hindsight now....were right on target....

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 601
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 601
Originally Posted By: swampyankee
I'm not sure if I'm toeing the line here, but raaaid might have a psychological deficiency.

He said he couldn't play the game due to his PC not being up to running it. If the reason for this is the same as some of the others I've read about, lack of graphic options, if he could have his fun with a game he seems to want to defend with such fervor, yet can't because a developer's decision has hamstrung him, what is so appealing to him? I wouldn't be a happy camper in his position, but maybe I'm in a different reality.



If this is true then this guy/gal? gets my vote for the Stockholm Syndrome Poster Child over there

Can't play the game because of mgt's decisions

But falls at their feet in worship

It don't get any better than this!

clapping

Like I said, the lack of playability is being somewhat compensated by the forums as a glass cage for observing all sorts of interesting behavior

Back to watching popcorn


AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
T
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
awwww... they deleted the post where he admitted he couldn't play the game. His stats are all zero's so it looks like he's never flown the game....weird

SD


From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Maybe semi creative writing will help them smile and realize we have a point. Or maybe I'll be banned after having been ripped off.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13172-inverted-unlock/?p=209411

Lol


"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 317
'
Member
Member
' Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 317
<name deleted> actually posting on topic? Who is this imposter, and what have they done with the real <name deleted>?

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/06/14 08:11 PM.
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
The forums are way more entertaining than the game ever was thats for sure.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
The forums over there are really becoming a joke at this point.
With the handful of self appointed spokespeople for the developers... really not sure why they are allowed to continue on the path they are going.


Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 532
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 532
blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah sleepy sleepy sleepy

Last edited by Otto3; 12/05/14 04:46 PM.
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
A moderator has just decided it's time to pretend to be a moderator and slapped his wrist.

Actually I decided to slap his wrist an hour and two minutes before this post of yours.
Originally Posted By: the soupdragon
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
A moderator has just decided it's time to pretend to be a moderator and slapped his wrist.


He must be reading this post or reading your mind.......cue X-files music. Time for the tin foil hat.

SD

No ... reading bongo's mind ios not on my list of things to do...
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
it's called prejudice

reading ............. wow... where do you come up with this stuff.
Originally Posted By: bongodriver
You haven't been privileged to the wonderful crazy world of raaaid before?
section 8 certifiable loony, he was actually banned by the flat earth society for being weird.
That speaks volumes about his current stance.

You know... I have known raaaid since the old UBI days... and when you first came over to BoS you were spouting this same kind of BS .. publicly about him. I asked him if that kind of talk hurt him.. and he said yeah it did.. but he just kind of sucks it up.. If you recall I sent you a PM about that and asked you to not do that. Text deleted
Originally Posted By: Speyer
The forums are way more entertaining than the game ever was thats for sure.

Maybe that is a part of many folks' problems with BoS .. other than the obvious of course...

Wow... the stuff you read on the internet... Now I am waiting for..... let's see which one of you will deliver ...

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/05/14 09:05 PM.
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
Don't worry, I suspect it will be over soon. It'll be all the customers fault of course.

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 102
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 102

Referencing the response to Airdrop's IL2 forum post.
Do not post unsubstantiated rumor based on speculation as fact on these boards.

I'm not sure your comments are unsubstantiated. Is the price on the Russian package at a low low price or not? Not many have said no, the argument is, is it right that it is or not.

Judge charges the jury on circumstantial evidence. If the ground is clear before you go to bed then you know it hasn't snowed. If, upon waking in the morning, you see snow on the ground then you can deduce it snowed during the night. Admissible evidence.

I must admit I read the IL2 forum daily, hi, I'm Swampyankee and I have a problem. I use the excuse I'm waiting for the devs. to fix the problems (can dev. themselves be considered bugs?). But I fear I'm addicted.

Must...look...away.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
Originally Posted By: bongodriver


section 8 certifiable loony, he was actually banned by the flat earth society for being weird.

.



I laughed so hard. biggrin

Not nice, but funny:)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Mod now claiming that microtransaction plan is "rumor." Unfortunately, devs have confirmed it.



Perhaps the mod should ban Jason:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12175-russian-version-dvd-2-free-aircraft-true-or-not-jason/


"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
translation?

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Loosely (Google translate is a little different (but close) than this but here is my personal version from my Russian minor:

Correct. Player invests in the game or uses their time and skill, or else their money (instead of time). We give one...the others are options depending on the choice or ability of the player.


"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
Mod now claiming that microtransaction plan is "rumor." Unfortunately, devs have confirmed it.



Perhaps the mod should ban Jason:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12175-russian-version-dvd-2-free-aircraft-true-or-not-jason/


That still does not translate into
Quote:
Dude, they don't care. They want the unlocks because they need them for the micro transaction piece in Mother Russia. They took our $90 to "make it happen, cap'n."


That is still unsubstantiated rumor. At least at this point in time.


Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
Yes I think it does actually...

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 443
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Actually I decided to slap his wrist an hour and two minutes before this post of yours.


A bit pedantic, but I'll let you have that point....it will be the only one.

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
No ... reading bongo's mind ios not on my list of things to do...


No, you simply think you already know and just ban me as a precaution

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
reading ............. wow... where do you come up with this stuff.


I think you will find it quite accurate.

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
You know... I have known raaaid since the old UBI days... and when you first came over to BoS you were spouting this same kind of BS .. publicly about him. I asked him if that kind of talk hurt him.. and he said yeah it did.. but he just kind of sucks it up.. If you recall I sent you a PM about that and asked you to not do that. Text deleted by moderater, belatedly


Oh? so a well know troll (own admission) who plays on the sympathy card had an opportunity to play on the sympathy card to you as a moderator.
No point being pretentious if you can't be smug about it.

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Wow... the stuff you read on the internet... Now I am waiting for..... let's see which one of you will deliver ...


I'm late to this party.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 12/05/14 09:11 PM.
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
Mod now claiming that microtransaction plan is "rumor." Unfortunately, devs have confirmed it.



Perhaps the mod should ban Jason:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12175-russian-version-dvd-2-free-aircraft-true-or-not-jason/


That still does not translate into
Quote:
Dude, they don't care. They want the unlocks because they need them for the micro transaction piece in Mother Russia. They took our $90 to "make it happen, cap'n."


That is still unsubstantiated rumor. At least at this point in time.


Thats no unsubstantiated rumor... come on I expect from you to atleast count 1+1 together. This is the basic concept of Microtransactions. Let the customer pay to accelerate a repetitive task. Its plain obvious, and you know there would be nothing wrong... when they didn't charged the full price in the beginning.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,643 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1