SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 225 of 240 1 2 … 223 224 225 226 227 … 239 240
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
hee hee not ready for prime time.

Back to the editor smile

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
I had a sneak peak..it's fun! Standoff range is your friend!



BeachAV8R



Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 17
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 17
A question:
Are you willing to use Aries in your TS SimHQ server, and provide additional information for that?

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Hi Gideon,
The SimHQ Teamspeak server is maintained by guod -- try sending him a private message about the Aries mod...

Here is his info --
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/299

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Hmmm, in Vulcans vs Sharks I keep getting this strange 'error on error' pop up in a dialog box on the server and the connections drop. I'm suspicious of the two Hip helicopters and their embarking and disembarking activities.

WC

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 51
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 51
Hi WC ,

PM send to guod.
Interesting to know if more pilots are interested in ARIES?
It will add more realism to comms.
It is free software, with very good support.
Easy install, and easy to use.


Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 17
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 17
Originally Posted By: sUrgeon
Hi WC ,

PM send to guod.
Interesting to know if more pilots are interested in ARIES?
It will add more realism to comms.
It is free software, with very good support.
Easy install, and easy to use.



Thanks sUrgeon!
I'm in ;-)

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Hows everyone been? hope to get DCS working so I can join in the fun & fly around again soon.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
blindone! Great that you popped in.

Looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving weekend and lots of flight time -- hope to see you.

---

The new Vulcans vs Sharks mission is up. Beach did an AAR here.

WC

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
yeah! Missing the clip to my trackIR, so hopefully a replacement arrives before the holiday... Looking forward to it.

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Been flying a lot of helos lately, and I have an expansion to the "Shark Tank" mission some of us played a few moons ago. Slots for Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8 for target practice, troop transport, and cargo slinging. Would love to share with folks sometime this holiday weekend!


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
hee hee not ready for prime time.

Back to the editor smile



There was a server error with Vulcans vs Sharks that had me removing the cool embarking and disembarking feature for AI Hips and infantry. There is a fix that is now in place so I plan to add that activity back into the mission.

Vulcans vs Sharks includes the ability for Hueys to drop Stinger teams, so Blue has some defense to put in place against the Red helicopters. If I could fly a Huey ...

copter

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: EinsteinEP
Been flying a lot of helos lately, and I have an expansion to the "Shark Tank" mission some of us played a few moons ago. Slots for Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8 for target practice, troop transport, and cargo slinging. Would love to share with folks sometime this holiday weekend!


Hi EP!

Is cargo pickup working again? My holiday starts tomorrow and looking forward to some flying fun. Hope to see you and others over this long w/e.

WC

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Are you talking about the reflective hat clip, Blindone? If so you can have mine since I use the IR track clip pro or whatever it's called.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
just put cheap duct tape on a hat and you're gold smile


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew

Is cargo pickup working again? My holiday starts tomorrow and looking forward to some flying fun. Hope to see you and others over this long w/e.

Sling loads work in MP (I only tested it with myself as host), but not the "Set Internal Cargo". Doesn't seem to be a trigger to be able to adjust that for multiplayer clients just yet. Embarkment/disembarkment works, though, and the air assault delivery of troops is a lot of fun. I've got a few chalks for both the UH-1H and the Mi-8 and a hot (OK, so for training purposes, it's "lukewarm") LZ to try and put them in. I'm thinking about putting in a couple of CA spots with smallish guns and SAMs/MANPADs to keep the helis sufficiently challenged. Can you think of anybody who might like to fulfill that role? wink

Forwarning: my mission is more for helo training and workshops and won't measure up to the WC-esque experiences of missions like The Highway. It's heavily inspired by Para_Bellum's How To Take Off And Blow Stuff Up mission, which I found was an excellent playground for learning the Shark. I've recreated it and expanded it to the Huey and the Hip and I'm hoping to use it with others to practice more helo things.

The trick for me will be finding a block of time where I can play with you guys - currently I'm not able to get free until 8pm MST or so. I'll try for a bigger block during the day, but it'll be tough to nail down with any certainty.


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
I gotta fly tomorrow morning, so I have to head to bed early tonight. Then I'm on call for the next four days at 5AM, so probably no midnight flying for me until my next PM shift rolls around. Maybe this weekend.

BeachAV8R



Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896
B
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
Senior Member
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896
Well nail date a date and time guys, if you don't mind a ring in I would like to see if my schedule fits

I am a great bullet magnet

Last edited by bogusheadbox; 11/26/14 10:07 AM.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
I'm not going to be able to set a definite time/date this week - I'll be on SimHQ's TS3 when I can fly.


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Had some funny guys flying the two A-10Cs in Vulcans vs Sharks last night who were pretty new, but they flew well. I joined in and one of them hit a couple of Vulcans before I told him they are friendlies. That got me looking at Slmod config again (I just installed the latest version) and this morning I turned on the auto-kick and -ban for team hits and kills. Now, anyone who does this should get an automatic message that tells them when they hit a team unit.

This morning I joined back into the mission and found that all the Blue attackers were wiped out, so those guys must have been hitting the easy (Blue) targets after I left smile I'll add in some more logic to win the mission for Red if the attackers are all destroyed.

Plus, I'm adding in more Red AI helicopters, since no humans are flying the Client Shark slots!

WC

Page 225 of 240 1 2 … 223 224 225 226 227 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,842 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1