SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
mugwump #4038437 11/20/14 03:28 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Originally Posted By: mugwump
I'm not a fan of it either but it's what we've got. I think they could have done a much better job of implementing it so that it meshed better with the game and provided a little better sense of history though. Rather than a sterile screen announcing "Gunpods unlocked", I think it would have taken little effort to present it as a letter or a squadron briefing announcing something along the lines of "those IL-2s are giving our boys a headache. In recognition of your Gruppe's recent achievements, you've been selected as one of the first units to be fitted with these new gun pods. The extra firepower should make short work of those Sturmoviks." I know the time frame is too short to be awarding tonnes of medals or promotions to pilots, but changing the pilot level to something along the lines of prestige, fame, or notoriety might be a better fit as well. New skins could be based on your prestige. If they added individual AI flyers, friendly aces could request you as a wingman and enemy aces could come up to challenge you as your fame increases.


Exactly. This setup is not fundamentally different from the well-known method of promotions and medals, it's just implemented poorly. As with most Russian sims we've had over the past decade plus, they put a lot of effort into what happens in the cockpit but the rest gets a functional pass. Does it work? That's sufficient then, no veneer, no gloss...no immersion. Why bother with those things you mention because in the end we still just fly missions to get access to a wider variety of stuff later? So just make it XP and unlocks and cut out the extra effort that they never want to spend on the UI and menus anyway.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Murphy #4038486 11/20/14 04:43 PM
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 797
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 797
Originally Posted By: Murphy
Originally Posted By: lokitexas
Originally Posted By: AbortedMan
I'd like to know what rules you broke so the same doesn't happen to mine.


My post was questioning why people are defending the developers recent and past posts, and tactics.

Also something about the fact this whole thread would not be here if the developers didnt go into public rants calling people who bought their game dumb and undeserving of a good flight sim. Like cause and effect. How the community's reaction is in direct relation to what the devs have done in development, public relations (or lackthereof), and shady dealings. Bottom line if that if they did things a bit better, there would be MUCH less negativity, including this 8 page thread. CAUSE and EFFECT.

Also went into an analogy. If you went into a restaurant ordered a prime rib, and got a flank steak, complained and the chef came out and tells you that you are dumb and dont deserve a steak, how would you feel? Why is BoS any different?

And finally I said I dont feel sorry for 1c/777. Just like I dont feel sorry for the diner down the street that is failing because of bad food and subpar customer service. The same diner that is on yelp calling people that write negative reviews "idiots with no taste buds".

Bad business sense, childish outcry posts, and odd development decisions is what made this community, not the other way around. Yet people that call attention to a post by a developer are called haters.

Anyway, its obviously not word for word. No personal insults, and nothing NSFW, and nothign untrue. Why was it deleted? I assume because a moderator is taking a cue from the official forums and does not want people reading it. Thats the only thing I can think of.




"You agree that you will not use The Site to post or link any material that is deceptive and/or defamatory, abusive, hateful, harassing, obscene, discriminatory, profane, threatening, invasive of a person�s privacy, or in violation of any law, license or copyright."

No personal insults or NSFW material.



I did not delete any posts, ever.
When I remove a post, we keep it for further reference, and I PM the poster or post an 'edit' in his post.

The moderator who may have been forced to 'delete' some posts...has resigned.
He did not have the ability to 'remove' a post for further reference.

The above are the 'rules' for those who have forgotten.

Hard to find a good man, with balance, who is willing to give his free time to the site.
We're looking for another one.

Soon.
And lets hope he doesn't enforce all the rules to the letter of the law, think about it. smile



Can I ask a question, in the interests of fairness would it be possible to have a mod for this sub forum
Who does NOT own the game , that way we can be sure of impartiality



Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Speyer #4038577 11/20/14 07:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
Originally Posted By: Speyer



Wasn't long ago they flat out denied such a version even existed.

Same as Jason flat out denied 777 had anything to do with 1C and the rumored new up coming flightsim (mere weeks later called BoS).

How many in between i have no idea.

Ghost_swe #4038581 11/20/14 07:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 560
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 560
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
Originally Posted By: Speyer



Wasn't long ago they flat out denied such a version even existed.

Same as Jason flat out denied 777 had anything to do with 1C and the rumored new up coming flightsim (mere weeks later called BoS).

How many in between i have no idea.


Kind of. Jason denied a "free" version of the game, but to be fair it sounded more like no other version of the game was coming out, just the 60-80 dollar one.

I also remember before BoS Jason taking jabs at 1c's water in CLoD/BoM vs the channel map water from 777. Lots of jabs at the company that now are in bed together. I did find that amusing.

Bearcat99 #4038586 11/20/14 07:52 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 862
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 862
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99


Originally Posted By: mugwump
I wonder if they increased the amount of grind needed to obtain the other aircraft and field mods for the Starter Version or if it's the same as the Standard version.



I would think that it would be much more for an aircraft.. but this does not belong in a flight sim. Not in the way it is currently implemented in BoS. I think the RoF model of paying for field mods and such is much better .. but them you know folks would have been up in arms about that too. Maybe not the same folks.. maybe.. but some would have been up in arms about that as well.



Well the aircraft unlocks are already present in the XP progress bars along with the field mods and skins. These are for those who purchased the standard or deluxe versions of the game after the official release date. I'm curious to see if the new Russian-only "starter" version uses the same pattern with the same XP requirements or if they did something such as increasing the amount of XP required for unlocks or perhaps moved the plane unlocks to the very end of the unlock bar.


S = k ln W
leaf_on_the_wind #4038656 11/20/14 10:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
Originally Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind


Can I ask a question, in the interests of fairness would it be possible to have a mod for this sub forum
Who does NOT own the game , that way we can be sure of impartiality


I don't care if they own the game or not, but would be best if that someone was at least " Neutral" to the sim.


Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
Bearcat99 #4038754 11/21/14 03:38 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Originally Posted By: Murphy

It's a thankless job, I can assure you.


Tell me about it..
I would think that it would be much more for an aircraft.. but this does not belong in a flight sim. Not in the way it is currently implemented in BoS. I think the RoF model of paying for field mods and such is much better .. but them you know folks would have been up in arms about that too. Maybe not the same folks.. maybe.. but some would have been up in arms about that as well.


You know, I was there for the ROF weapons mods release and nobody posted being upset that they had to pay for them that I remember. I do remember some being upset that some of the actual mods were basically experimental and really shouldn't be used since they were never actually implemented as a standard weapons upgrade in WWI. I personally would much rather pay for a weapons mod package then grind for them. I honestly do not have the time to do it. If I have 3 or 4 hours a week to fly that is a lot for me, and I want to spend it just flying a good Single player mission or QMB and have everything available to load up the mission the way I want to. For the life of me, I still can't understand why they locked it all down, I enjoyed BOS very much before the locks and actually played it more. Now, I have just given up on it, waiting to see if they will come to their senses and open it back up. The same with the graphics adjustments. I am really hoping they will, because I would start using it again.

S!Blade<><

lokitexas #4038770 11/21/14 04:42 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
I don't either (have a lot of time) .. I have not started yet.. I remember on the forums there were somre who were pretty obtuse in opposition to the RoF model .. IDK if that ha a role in the dev's decision or not..


Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
lokitexas #4038861 11/21/14 12:17 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,231
H
Retired Flight Simmer
Member
Retired Flight Simmer
Member
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,231
If this is what flight sims and developers have become, then I am more than happy to let the genre die.

I've already found new hobbies.


I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

lokitexas #4038927 11/21/14 03:14 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 263
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 263
Not nice is it HogDriver, awful in fact.
I stopped buying planes etc in RoF time ago when Jason told one active and helpful forum member that he was "full of #%&*$#" when he dared question something.
Now I enjoy WoFF and CLoD Team Fussion so all is not lost.

lokitexas #4038934 11/21/14 03:21 PM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
I am still having tons of fun in good old IL2.. or BoS QMs... or DCS or CoD and RoF so I guess that is one reason why for me it is just not as big a deal.. I can give the team some time to polish their act up and I do believe it will get better and since I still have other outlets that scratch that itch quite well I see no need for me to be but so upset about it. I have yet to get online in CoD or DCS to any degree so that is there for me as well... it isn't that I am not as frustrated as everyone else or as disappointed as everyone else I just think that at this point there is not much that they can do. It is easy to assume that it is all a matter of changing a few lines of code and get infuriated about it but we don't know what is going on behind the scenes at 1CGS so ... ok .. it sucks for now... let's see where it is an X months.. In my opinion getting too upset about this is like driving with a lead foot in D.C. Metro traffic on a Friday ay 1600 hrs.. What's the point because you aren't going to go far so turn up the music or whatever it is you do and get through it. Eventually you will get home.


Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Robusti #4039118 11/21/14 09:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 532
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 532
Originally Posted By: Icarus1
I just want this thing to stop crashing. Has crashed for me since day one of early access and support stops responding after one reply. Clean re-installs, clean out registry, drivers, nothing works.


Just a thought...Have you tried to back off of your overclock?

lokitexas #4039188 11/21/14 11:51 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
lcarus1,

Just another thought - are you starting the game with the launcher or the game executable itself? If the launcher, do you have seed when downloaded checked? I would suggest unchecking that for sure.

Probably just a shot in the dark.


Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
Bearcat99 #4039335 11/22/14 01:00 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 10
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
I am still having tons of fun in good old IL2.. or BoS QMs... or DCS or CoD and RoF so I guess that is one reason why for me it is just not as big a deal.. I can give the team some time to polish their act up and I do believe it will get better and since I still have other outlets that scratch that itch quite well I see no need for me to be but so upset about it. I have yet to get online in CoD or DCS to any degree so that is there for me as well... 1.it isn't that I am not as frustrated as everyone else or as disappointed as everyone else I just think that at this point there is not much that they can do. It is easy to assume2. that it is all a matter of changing a few lines of code and get infuriated about it but we don't know what is going on behind the scenes at 1CGS so ... ok .. it sucks for now... let's see where it is an X months.. 3. In my opinion getting too upset about this is like driving with a lead foot in D.C. Metro traffic on a Friday ay 1600 hrs.. What's the point because you aren't going to go far so turn up the music or whatever it is you do and get through it. Eventually you will get home.


Respectfully, I see a little bit different view. No hysteria here, just thoughts.
1. I think we agree that frustration is quite high in a majority of the "hardcore simmers", and I would imagine at 1C/777 as well, IMHO. It takes real character and professionalism to admit when you are wrong and try to correct what you did wrong. This will earn more respect in a shorter time than anything else they could do, no question about it. When you have a brand new product that is advertised as the next great thing in your market and a lot of your customers are reporting they are not even using your product anymore(within 2 months of release), there is a problem.
2. 2 weeks before(at 90% complete, which Loft said was considered finished) the release 1C/777 changed to SP. QMB, Campaign and graphics full lock down. They can quickly and easily change this back. IMHO, again I say IMHO, it is someones Huge EGO about their vision of a new game model, that has no place in a true flight simulator, that is keeping this change for the long term good from happening.
3. Here is the deal with that analogy, 1C/777 put all of the traffic there. Bos was poised to let us drive pedal to the medal and then, well..... nuff said.
I hear you Bearcat, nothing but time will tell now. When I read Jasons latest comments on how the FMB just needs some serious 3rd party input or someone like PWCG to really show how good BOS is and allow the community to make it the way they want it, I flash back to ROF, where there is relatively little 3rd party(what is there is excellent) content compared with the likes of other great sims, and ROF has been around 5 years with this same FMB. The simplicity(and complexity if you want to delv deep) of IL2 1946, DCS and CLODs FMB (compared directly to ROF FMB) to go in and throw a detailed mission together in a very short time is what makes those sims great also. If you go on ROFs website, there are a handful of SP and Campaigns(literally) after 5 years of acceess to this FMB. That has to say something about its user friendliness? I have used the FMB for ROF and made missions for me and a few local buddies to host and fly, and it is not a simple or a quick process. Some Egos need to be checked and more needs to be done to make BOS accessible to all of the Customers that purchased it, not just the ones with high technical understanding and loads of time to invest in using BOS. There are 2 simple changes that Loft and the rest of 1C/777 can change that will turn BOS upside down from a good standpoint. The question is, are they mature enough to do it for the good of their own product, or will their Egos trudge along and possibly condemn a future for BOS?

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 11/22/14 01:05 PM.
Robusti #4039369 11/22/14 02:14 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
Originally Posted By: Icarus1

I sent them all in to support and they never replied back........stopped responding also.


Wow, that is concerning...


Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
lokitexas #4039536 11/22/14 09:29 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,027
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,027
I purchased at 99 bucks and I was having crazy bugs.The worst was my planes were jerking everywhere as if they had damage all the time,even when I would first spawn.Posted numerous times and never a response from a dev.These guys leave a sour taste in the mouth be sure. frown

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,674 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1