SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 … 28 29
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
Gee - so many Albatros pilots? I had expected some would choose the Fokker Dr.I or the Pfalz.
But I am happy to see so many comrades in the same plane type.

Here is my pilot. Doesn't he look as if he couldn't hurt a fly? Well, the enemy pilots will see...

The skin still needs some work on, and there is a second in the make, with the green-mauve camo -
I guess I will use that with the D.V, and the Lozenge with the D.Va - if I should get that far...




Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Some very nice custom paints showing up here for the challenge, well done Gents, and in particular when several of you haven't done any skinning before.

Olham, I like the Eye of Horus on your mount, I've used that one before myself. smile2

The crew is nearly finished with Gerhard's Alb and they rolled it out of the hanger this morning so that the Leutnant could have a look and give his final approval. The coat of arms depicting the Frisian warrior represents the city of R�stringen which was established when Gerhard was a boy from the merging of his home village Neuende with the neighboring villages of Bant and Heppens.



It has a certain 'circus' quality to it, don't you think? biggrin

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Wow! Looks great, you two! Olham, that's the one thing I miss about moving from the other forums, I so rarely get to see the steely eyed glint of my over the pond comrade staring out at me! Great picture!

Last edited by Rick_Rawlings; 08/22/14 07:14 PM.

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Olham & Lou, your skins look as good or better than the ones in the skin pack! Nice pilot pic Olham.

I'm a little suprised no one is in a DRI

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Originally Posted By: MudWasp
Olham & Lou, your skins look as good or better than the ones in the skin pack! Nice pilot pic Olham.

I'm a little suprised no one is in a DRI


Very, Very nice inteed Gents. It's too bad we can't see each others crafts in flight during our missions! Oh well, the screen caps and vids will do just fine!

Olham, I may be the only Pfalz DIIIa flyer!

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 08/21/14 03:03 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Ok, here's what I am starting with, I noticed a few areas to clean up, but I am pretty happy so far...




The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Nice work Rick;

Looks like we are awash with talent! The Devs may come knocking at some doors! thumbsup


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
C
Hotshot
Hotshot
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
wave

I think I will be in.


temp image upload


Thanks Rick and all people involved. Kudos yep

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Nice!!! I'm putting you on the board!


The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
C
Hotshot
Hotshot
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
wave

Thanks this will be awesome thumbsup biggrin

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
Thank you all for the compliments, guys!

Lou, that is a nice touch of history with your pilot Thomsen (yeah, I also liked "Das Boot" wink ).
"R�stringen" used to be a Frisian Gau, and a peninsula in the middle ages after a loss of land in the
great floods. The largest remaining area is now named "Butjadingen" and lies east of the bay.
A Town named R�stringen was, as you pointed out alread, formed later.

R�stringen

Since my own pilot is from Norden, East Friesland, we are both Frisians and thereby almost like neighbours, Lou!

Yeah, I did remember that someone had used the "Horus Eye", but had forgotten who - thanks for the reminder.
But I had always wanted to use it anyway (so forget any copyright sue)! biggrin
I also used a similar arms with a red-dressed Frisian spearman on my Albatros; taken from the arms of Wilhelmshaven
which is right south of R�stringen (town)(although the were actually only created in the 30s - but the spearman,
as the R�stringen arms show, is older).
However - the "Circus Quality" on your skin could hardly be topped, Sir, and now I wonder, if my skin
shouldn't be a bit more "Circus-ish"...

Good to have two Pfalz with us, Robert and Rick! Great sturdy plane for dive- and balloon attacks!
Not as good as the Alb for tight turning though - remember.
Looks colourful enough for a "circus", Rick - nice design!

Carrick, are that the arms of Brandenburg you used?

Last edited by Olham; 08/22/14 10:07 AM.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Looks good to me Rick, my untrained eye sees nothing to clean up. Red & Black is popular with the Pfalz DIII, MFair, You, and me

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,398
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,398
Pfalz DIII pilots in 1918 are brave men salute


Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Olham, why is your pilot's log showing one mission flown, but no flying hours?

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Nice looking kite you have there Rick, should serve to strike fear into the hearts of your enemy.

Olham, I hadn't yet flown a WOFF pilot from your area of Germany and decided it was high time. Howdy Neighbor! smile2

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Thanks, Lou! I am still envious of your upper wing though!


The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Thanks Rick. Painting that upper wing was a nightmare because of the wrap distortion in the center and at the tips. Took a LOT of patience on my part but I have it pretty well dialed in at this point.

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Did you do each stripe separately or did you do one side of the wing and mirror the layer? Enquiring minds want to know! winkngrin


The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
MudWasp, I did one skin check in "Campaign" mod, before I carried on in QC.
I will delete the pilot and create him new anyway.

Lou, as an East Frisian you cannot say "Howdy" - we say "Moin moin!"
(which is short for "ick w�nsch di en moien dag" - I wish you a fine day")


My pilot pic will remain, but I will use the name "Wolfram Mahlow", cause the capital "W" and "M"
give me a good reason to come up with an old zig-zag design, which I have now finished.
For a "Circus" I thought I needed another, more extravagant skin.
It was pain to make the ends mostly meet - still some fine works to do, I suppose.
But here is a first look:






Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Olham
Nice to see you join the Challenge and I bet the DVa was a deciding factor.

With all the extravagant paint jobs on the skins, I'm feeling like an under achiever. I missed out on the key word "Circus" and so went more historical.
Maybe all you guys will draw the attention of the enemy and they won't see me! biggrin


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 … 28 29

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,662 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1