|
|
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790 |
Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790 |
The UI is still a little clunky, but the upgraded visuals are a world away from VBS2.  
Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Hell Drummer Hotshot
|
|
Hell Drummer Hotshot
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033 |
What about THESE units in Arma 3? I'd love some cold war too...
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!" Para_Bellum
"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..." Ice
"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!" MigBuster
"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands." Sauron
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 7,375 Likes: 1
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 7,375 Likes: 1 |
WOW! Really cool pics. Wish they add a Afghanistan map one day for DCS.
-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat?? -To the Graveyard!!
sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Dread pirate Mace Veteran
|
|
Dread pirate Mace Veteran
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827 |
I'm guessing this is why they went future-ish on the hardware side for ARMA 3? I know VBS isn't really aimed at consumers but a lot do buy it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700 |
Looks great. What's the current price on VBS anyway?
Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds. Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Dread pirate Mace Veteran
|
|
Dread pirate Mace Veteran
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827 |
Looks great. What's the current price on VBS anyway? Lol, if you thought Elite Dangerous was expensive.... I have about $500 but there is one at around $3,000 too?
Last edited by MaceUK33; 08/09/14 02:35 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669 |
What about THESE units in Arma 3? I'd love some cold war too... Maybe we're lucky and we get a CH-53K as part of the Helicopter DLC. But most likely we'll be getting another "Chimera". 
Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz - ASUS Rampage III Gene Republic of Gamers - 6GB RAM OCZ CL7 XTC Platinum PC3-12800 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA II - 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA II - Creative Soundblaster Xi-Fi Titanium - Windows 7 Professional 64bit
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506 |
Great shots, just downloaded and installed VBS3 myself, getting ready to boot it up... VBS1 and 2 may have been a big waste of money for me now that I look back, but no regrets, had some great MP games with VBS1, and met a lot of great new online friends, gaming partners with the VBS series, especially their great PR guy back then, Gordon/Gordo/Gordo-viper... I was surprised to get the e-mail yesterday from BI inviting all previous VBS2 owners to upgrade for FREE to VBS3. I said... "for free", sure I can do that.  BTW, don't think they are planning to sell VBS3 to users, from what I read...but could be wrong, still not worth it thou. IMO
Last edited by Magnum; 08/09/14 03:33 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790 |
Great shots, just downloaded and installed VBS3 myself, getting ready to boot it up... VBS1 and 2 may have been a big waste of money for me now that I look back, but no regrets, had some great MP games with VBS1, and met a lot of great new online friends, gaming partners with the VBS series, especially their great PR guy back then, Gordon/Gordo/Gordo-viper... I was surprised to get the e-mail yesterday from BI inviting all previous VBS2 owners to upgrade for FREE to VBS3. I said... "for free", sure I can do that.  BTW, don't think they are planning to sell VBS3 to users, from what I read...but could be wrong, still not worth it thou. IMO I know Gordon. Use to play A2 and A3 with him all the time. As for VBS, it's still too clunky for game purposes IMHO. You're also correct about the sales position. BIS is no longer selling VBS PE.    
Last edited by DetCord; 08/09/14 07:17 PM.
Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790 |
Before  After 
Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 779
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 779 |
Can u post some video of vbs3 gameplay please?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410 Likes: 10
Pilgrim Veteran
|
|
Pilgrim Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410 Likes: 10 |
Nice shots thanks for sharing. How does VBS perform compared to OFP/ARMA series as far as hardware?
John 10:1-30 Romans 10:1-13
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|