SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3991367 08/05/14 11:26 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 447
Likes: 4
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 447
Likes: 4
I know I saw shots of them in production during the Phase III days, but I don't see them anywhere now, like Ypres or Verdun. Did they get scratched?

loftyc #3991555 08/06/14 08:25 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
I have recently seen two forts, a bit north of Verdun - they are there.


Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
loftyc #3991594 08/06/14 11:38 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Yuppers, they are. Unfortunately they are the only two that made it into WOFF, at least at this point.

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

loftyc #3992105 08/07/14 01:45 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 447
Likes: 4
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 447
Likes: 4
I shall look harder! In fact, I can hop in a DH-2 and go for a Sunday flip (se Nitezche's thread). Or better yet, take a two-seater with Wonder Woman, and have a picnic by the forts, with a bottle of wine, and....

....well, and probably get shelled by the Germans. Nope, I'll sty in the air in a single seater.

loftyc #3993010 08/09/14 08:13 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 855
Likes: 1
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 855
Likes: 1
Wipers is there....


We will remember them.
loftyc #3993011 08/09/14 08:14 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 890
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 890
F4 - Wonder Woman Mode thumbsup

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Originally Posted By: Shredward
Wipers is there....


Really? I've never found the fort there Shredward. The clock tower and cathedral are there, (though the in-sim map says you are over Poperinghe when you are in fact over Ypres), but I've not seen fortifications in that area.


Ypres Clock Tower and Cathedral




.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

loftyc #3993092 08/09/14 02:25 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 855
Likes: 1
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 855
Likes: 1
Sorry Lou, if I've misled you. Yes , Cloth Hall and St Martins are there, but the city walls/Vauban fortifications are not
Shredward


We will remember them.
loftyc #3993124 08/09/14 03:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
...which makes me wonder, if any ground installation could later be changed with an add-on for WOFF?
I have mostly some well-known, distinctive airfields in mind, like Roucourt, Boistrancourt or
Bertangles and Bailleul etc. Perhaps such a town's fort like that in Ypres could also be added then?

I know I'm not the only one who would find his immersion factor even SOOO much more increased
by such additions to our beloved sim.



Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,544 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1