SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 41 1 2 … 36 37 38 39 40 41
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
N
ED Community Manager
Member
ED Community Manager
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome
That is terrible and I hope whatever is affecting his life gets sorted out

That being said there are many many companies out in the world that can do translations of manuals for you

The user manuals for the software company I work for are translated into about 32 different language versions
for the various different markets the product is sold in


Well sounds like your company might be quite bigger than BST, so that probably isnt an option for them... we will survive a little longer waiting on the manuals...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

NineLine #3986321 07/26/14 04:18 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN
Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome
That is terrible and I hope whatever is affecting his life gets sorted out

That being said there are many many companies out in the world that can do translations of manuals for you

The user manuals for the software company I work for are translated into about 32 different language versions
for the various different markets the product is sold in


Well sounds like your company might be quite bigger than BST, so that probably isnt an option for them... we will survive a little longer waiting on the manuals...


Do tell , how many people work at Betasimtek ?

Silver_Dragon #3986326 07/26/14 04:23 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
Not enough for your liking apparently.....

Nate

Silver_Dragon #3986337 07/26/14 04:52 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
Cool Aid team ......... ASSEMBLE

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
N
ED Community Manager
Member
ED Community Manager
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
Your company supplies 32 different languages... BST does not... logically it sounds like you have a bigger team or bigger market...

Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN
Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome
That is terrible and I hope whatever is affecting his life gets sorted out

That being said there are many many companies out in the world that can do translations of manuals for you

The user manuals for the software company I work for are translated into about 32 different language versions
for the various different markets the product is sold in


Well sounds like your company might be quite bigger than BST, so that probably isnt an option for them... we will survive a little longer waiting on the manuals...


Do tell , how many people work at Betasimtek ?

Silver_Dragon #3986348 07/26/14 05:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 57
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 57
Either way Betasimtek (that's far too good) now has a reputation, and I don't think it's a good one.

NineLine #3986351 07/26/14 05:16 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN
Your company supplies 32 different languages... BST does not... logically it sounds like you have a bigger team or bigger market...

Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN
Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome
That is terrible and I hope whatever is affecting his life gets sorted out

That being said there are many many companies out in the world that can do translations of manuals for you

The user manuals for the software company I work for are translated into about 32 different language versions
for the various different markets the product is sold in


Well sounds like your company might be quite bigger than BST, so that probably isnt an option for them... we will survive a little longer waiting on the manuals...


Do tell , how many people work at Betasimtek ?


The market is the same size as theirs ... Planet earth

So how many are in the software team ? we have 6 and one guy who handles marketing / manuals etc

Hellfire257 #3986352 07/26/14 05:17 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
N
ED Community Manager
Member
ED Community Manager
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
Originally Posted By: Hellfire257
Either way Betasimtek (that's far too good) now has a reputation, and I don't think it's a good one.


Sorry guys, I just thought I would share that the team has some external issues they are dealing with, I didnt want this to turn into a hating on BST thread... *sigh* Not sure why I bother....


Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome

The market is the same size as theirs ... Planet earth


The market for high fidelity Helicopter simulations is quite small... but I know what you are doing, so this is my last response to you, have a great day.

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 07/26/14 05:19 PM.
Silver_Dragon #3986355 07/26/14 05:21 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
I am sorry that one of the team is having personal issues , really I am (I hope he/she gets better soon)

I just thought that, if people want to play a study sim a manual is pretty important

If the person who normally does this is unable to, then get a temp in , or out source the task

Speaking for myself , having criticism for how something is done != hate


Last edited by DCS_is_Awesome; 07/26/14 05:22 PM.
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
N
ED Community Manager
Member
ED Community Manager
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome


Speaking for myself , having criticism for how something is done != hate



It is when its all someone offers. So final answer... they will get done, they are just delayed.

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 07/26/14 05:31 PM.
NineLine #3986364 07/26/14 05:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 57
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 57
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN

Sorry guys, I just thought I would share that the team has some external issues they are dealing with, I didnt want this to turn into a hating on BST thread... *sigh* Not sure why I bother....


I don't think anybody is hating on them, they're just seeing it how it is. People expect a manual for a product like this and when they don't get one they want to know why. When they're not explicitly told why they're going to feel resentment. The reputation is earned regardless of the circumstance because Betasimtek still dropped the ball.

Why it happened doesn't matter to me. What does matter to me is that things improve. If nobody speaks up and everybody makes excuses, they've no reason to improve other than a sense of self.

I'm not going touch the Sabre for a variety of reasons (mostly personal), but one of the more minor ones is that I'm not going to purchase another product until I'm satisfied with the previous one. If I had an Mi-8 manual that wouldn't be an issue. I still wouldn't buy the Sabre just yet, but it wouldn't be because I was dissatisfied with Betasimtek.

I think they'll get it sorted though. I wish them the best because it's clear that they want to deliver a quality service.

Last edited by Hellfire257; 07/26/14 05:33 PM.
Silver_Dragon #3986390 07/26/14 06:37 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
I'll wait until the F-86 is actually released and evaluate again then but it looks like a nice module so far.

Silver_Dragon #3986395 07/26/14 07:04 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
In my personal notebook Belsimtek has a VERY good reputation.
Beside I'm way too manly to read manuals.

J/K but so far the quick start manual gave me all the basic principles to fly the Mi8 and have fun with it.


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Silver_Dragon #3986416 07/26/14 07:51 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825
I myself complained on the ED boards about how the choppers still have no thermal engine damage model, and Wags' response was that they're working on it, but it takes longer than originally anticipated. So that's at least ONE (1) thing explained without any ifs and buts whatsoever.

Silver_Dragon #3986420 07/26/14 08:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825

Hellfire257 #3986444 07/26/14 09:32 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
Originally Posted By: Hellfire257
Either way Betasimtek (that's far too good) now has a reputation, and I don't think it's a good one.


Really? I'm anything but on the "Kool Aid team" for DCS, but I gotta admit, BST are the best guys involved with DCS right now. As far as Beta matters go, all I can say is that they currently have 3 (3 1/2 if we count the F-15C AFM) modules out. The Huey, which they clearly stated was Beta until recently, and all that's missing is engine temperature and MP crew, the latter being something they can't do anything about. The Mi-8, well sure, it's been like this for a while, but I'm guessing they spent a lot on the Huey to get that finished.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome
Cool Aid team ......... ASSEMBLE


Wasn't acting this way already been stated by someone at SimHQ Staff as being dis-respectful?

Company Roster size is none of your business.

BST Stated their case already, they should not have to divulge every little piece of info you want, just because you asked for it.

Grow Up, F-86F is in Open Beta, Not Gold/Final Release; Functions, Manuals, Systems, Livery Templates, are being worked on.

PS You Mis-spelled Kool-Aid.

And if you don't like the Kool-Aid, Stay out of the fridge.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 07/26/14 10:59 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
SkateZilla #3986492 07/26/14 11:17 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome
Cool Aid team ......... ASSEMBLE


Wasn't acting this way already been stated by someone at SimHQ Staff as being dis-respectful?

Company Roster size is none of your business.

BST Stated their case already, they should not have to divulge every little piece of info you want, just because you asked for it.

Grow Up, F-86F is in Open Beta, Not Gold/Final Release; Functions, Manuals, Systems, Livery Templates, are being worked on.

PS You Mis-spelled Kool-Aid.

And if you don't like the Kool-Aid, Stay out of the fridge.


I wasn't the one who brought up the size of dev teams vs getting translations done

Belasimtek , have not released a full manual for MI-8 due to staffing issues , I was just suggesting 2 possible
methods to work around this problem
1. Get a temp in to help
2. Out source the translation somewhere

Thanks for correcting my spelling mistake , cheers

Last edited by DCS_is_Awesome; 07/26/14 11:24 PM.
komemiute #3986498 07/26/14 11:25 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 142
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 142
Originally Posted By: komemiute
In my personal notebook Belsimtek has a VERY good reputation.


They are producing good products. They just need to finish one before starting 3-4 other projects. wink

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,705
P
Asleep at the Wheel
Member
Asleep at the Wheel
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,705
Originally Posted By: DCS_is_Awesome
Cool Aid team ......... ASSEMBLE


Sigh. Here we go again with the childish, playground insults and insinuations. frown

You're clearly a smart guy and you have a lot of valid points that I actually agree with, but this constant passive-aggressive nonsense is incredibly grating. If your goal is to troll the boards, making them a frustrating and unpleasant place to hang out - congratulations, it's working. At least with me. If not, please do us all a favour and lay off the snide insults whenever someone comes to the table with a positive perspective.

Your points are genuinely worth listening to, but only if you're capable of presenting them like a grown up.


---------
Pizzicato
Page 38 of 41 1 2 … 36 37 38 39 40 41

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,398 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1