SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 209 of 240 1 2 … 207 208 209 210 211 … 239 240
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Looking good! Flying tonight? I might want to join for a drink and some flying, it being a long weekend..

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Yes, it has...

I will be up in the skies tonight, stick and a beer, that'll be me.

beercheers

Maybe some Thunder Of Kojori.

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Classic mission, I'll be there for a couple hrs, in an hr. I donated blood last night so no promises as far as skills shall be made.. biggrin

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Had to hook up the wife's new washer and dryer. All done.

WC

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
hi all long time no see,is there people still flying,got loads of dust on joystick
hope u all well


CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor
NVIDA Geforce GTX 970
16 GB memory
SSD Capacity 256 GB
windows 10 HD 64 bit
joystick Saitek X52 PRO
CYBORG X Kayboard
Trac ir 4
DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire
IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Hey pete -- good to see you!

---

I'm taking Hollo Pointe down for maintenance. Getting frustrated with all the 'stopped responding' issues so I am going to rebuild it.

WC


"Your ballroom days are over, baby"

Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Eh Pete- we were just talking about you!

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
WHO DARE AWAKEN ME FROM MY SLUMBER?!

I'm down in Texas for work. Where I'm staying has excellent rent (free), but doesn't really have room for my Stick/Throttle, so I left them back at school. That obviously precludes most flight related activities smile . I'll be back flying again sometime in mid August when this internship wraps up and I'm back at school.



Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have EDGE to gawk at by then biggrin


Off to greener pastures
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Glad to hear Near... we're thinking of a fly-in around that time so maybe that will line up perfectly. A little EDGE, a little F-86... a little MiG-21... a little Dora...


Still not the stable I'm looking forward to even in terms of mission building... Give me something (human) to pit against the F86... give me something to pit against the MiG21...

Give me a SU27 with an AFM...

Right now balance is a challenge.

Last edited by eno75; 06/29/14 02:35 AM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
I'm taking Hollo Pointe down for maintenance. Getting frustrated with all the 'stopped responding' issues so I am going to rebuild it.


Hollo Pointe is all back together. Got DCS World d/l'ing on a torrent over DSL -- That will take until tomorrow. New fans are on the way for all my computers and will be here Wednesday.

WC

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Anyone noticing this type of behavior on our servers?


Originally Posted By: '[Maverick;2106840'
Hosting BETA 1.2.8 the 104th are having an issue with the server randomly freezing for 5 seconds or so then coming back again normally for some 10 seconds or so then freezing again.



This cycle continues until eventually the server crashes.



When logged in remotely our admins see the server crash (Windows says DCS is not responding) for about 5 seconds then it comes back normally and so on.



We have to restart our server to stop this happening.



We don't think it is related to the high client numbers in the server as sometimes it will happen 5-10 mins into a new mission after a restart.



Most of the time our missions run without a hitch but this bug is starting to cause some issues now. Its not mission specific as it happens across the 4 missions we are running just now but not every time... only randomly.



Any other server admins seeing this behavior?


Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Yes, this is what happened last Friday night on Hollo Pointe. We had 4-5 regulars in the mission with some new clients joining now and then. I thought it was when the new clients joined that was causing the freeze. The other regulars said this had been happening before I joined. After another 3-4 freezes the mission froze completely and the server had another 'stopped responding' message.

I'm getting constant 'stopped responding' messages. Windows 8.1 was reinstalled this week, with only the DCS World application loaded onto the computer, and I am still getting these application hangs.

This morning I launched a server from my main client computer at home to see if that also gets a stopped responding message.

WC

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
i have every module, so I can go where needed, however I'm the most useful in the A-10C.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Been working on the Herky Jerk mission. This one has audio files for the principle players: C-130 Herky 81, Hawg Flight, Overlord and the special ops 'Popsicle' unit that needs to be picked up by the C-130.


Geez that is a lot of work coordinating the audio with the events in the mission.

3 Cheers to HomeFries for helping me with the audio files production!


dancinfools

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Eno's Good Day to Fly.


Does anyone still enjoy just flying anymore?

I'm building a mission I would like to fly right now and I'm wondering if I'd ever have anyone who wanted to fly it with me. My objective is to build a free flight mission- that intends to get people from far south east to far nw... Yeah- from tib-vaz-sog up to anapa.

Okay okay- not many would be interested in a glute buster like that... But with half a dozen guys flying different types of aircraft and a couple of refuel stops along the way... A cross country jaunt with some beers and jeers could be fun.

Intention is that along the route guys are randomly tasked assignments. I'd have 2 or 3 possible mini missions at various locations along the route. The challenge is is finding fun, sort of unique assignments for guys to fly... A couple I've put in place already:

1) a runway tank driving through the city with police unable to stop it needs assistance. Challenge is that NO structures can be damaged while taking out the target.

2) artillery needs to be moved from a position to within range of a target area. Not sure how to make this happen with red ground commander though that's the idea... Generate some cat and mouse.

3) spy plane pilot rescue. (Abkhazia is hostile territory). Have to figure out a way to do this that isn't TOO SAM heavy- since distances are a factor.

4) if F86 makes it out may have a couple side jobs for them...

Really what I want more than anything is to engage aspects of the sim that are done really, really well and pull it back together with the thing our firehouse / Hollo pointe communities do really well. I think most of us like hanging out, and the sim profiles the aircraft really well.

I'm really tired of hearing about all the things it doesn't do well- while simultaneously building missions around concepts I know aren't sustainable... Or reliable.

Not quite free flight... But the mission is meant to fly with a little fight mixed in at random intervals. Just enough to get the motor running. TIC with JTAC support? Sure I can do that. Eco terrorists take over a pumping station and start pumping toxic waste into a nearby lake... Somewhere... Gotta take out the pumping station in the middle of a heavily populated area? Sure. Criminal kingpin is en route to a known location and needs to be intercepted before he gets there... Then needs escort to another location? Yes!

Which job are you going to get?

Maybe none of them!

I want to move away from disposable aircraft and suicide runs- thing is not everyone likes that kind of thing. I'd like to figure out a running mission concept that would just be set and forget. Maybe a few instant action slots... Some cross country slots... Some random action slots. Maybe that's the better way to go. Hmmm.

Ah yes the trials of a mission builder.

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
i had a flight in your server eno yesterday in the KA 50 its been weeks sins i flown,a guy called mark i was flying with.


CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor
NVIDA Geforce GTX 970
16 GB memory
SSD Capacity 256 GB
windows 10 HD 64 bit
joystick Saitek X52 PRO
CYBORG X Kayboard
Trac ir 4
DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire
IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 500
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 500
I like that idea Eno - reminds me of our dynamic mission generator in Arma.

Some more ideas -

- Drug dealers reported at a small airstrip, destroy the light planes so they can't escape before law enforcement arrives

- Locate a downed drone (use a small plane asset in the woods if no drone model) and mark with smoke for recovery

- Escort an airliner in distress to a nearby airport, chase plane style

- Locate a ship (freighter or warship) that has navigated into restricted waters and fire warning shots

I tried to come up with ideas that were not "warzone" missions.


I have been working on my 25T (and helos!) so if you had one of those I would try this.


Everybody gets everything they want. I wanted a mission. And for my sins..they gave me one.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted By: petethehatch
i had a flight in your server eno yesterday in the KA 50 its been weeks sins i flown,a guy called mark i was flying with.


Eh Pete- Yeah I saw you in there... tried dropping you a note but I think you were focused on takeoff since you tookoff shortly thereafter.

Things are quiet at that time during the day. Going to be running the training wing template for a bit since a bunch of missions right now are causing some issues.

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
All up for this, if i can take my Huey and Crowley and Tempus as wingmen.


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896
B
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
Senior Member
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896
Sounds great. Up for it as well if work doesn't clash. Ka50 for me please, maybe even clash rotors with pete for old time sakes


Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
Page 209 of 240 1 2 … 207 208 209 210 211 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,909 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1