SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 … 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,588
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,588
Bought my first game of the sale. Blood Dragon, paid a $1.12 for it thanks to selling all my steam cards.


All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
I'm really liking Metro Last Light so far.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
Ok. Finally got a "real" game. Borderlands 2. Hope I like it.

Pfft. Still not even halfway to the modest budget I set for the sale. $60, or the price of 1 top-shelf new release.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Borderlands 2 is a fun game especially if you play it cooperatively. On a couple of rare occasions I was able to have 4 human players in a game and that was great fun!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
How was is compared to the first game? Playing with 1 or 2 people the original Borderlands felt really bland and empty, kinda like WoW with very rare NPCs just standing around waiting to give out quests.


Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
Peally, that comparison has been made in almost every review of Borderlands that has been published. Suffice to say, BL2 is far better than BL1.

Last edited by sinner6; 06/27/14 01:29 PM.

Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Originally Posted By: gallycadet
Bought my first game of the sale. Blood Dragon, paid a $1.12 for it thanks to selling all my steam cards.


I like Blood Dragon, stick with it though as it seems daft to start with (to be fair its not supposed to be taken seriously) but opens up after first couple of missions.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Originally Posted By: sinner6
Peally, that comparison has been made in almost every review of Borderlands that has been published. Suffice to say, BL2 is far better than BL1.


Thanks, I might pick 2 up then, it's cheap enough wink


Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Picked up Assassin's Creed II, AC Revelations, AC Brotherhood, and AC III, $5 each.

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Which AC is it people rave about, other than Black Flag? 3?


I've added Sleeping Dogs (sounds really good), Saints Row 4 (vs aliens), COH 2 and Planetary Annihilation.
Already got Fallout 3 & dlc, Dark Souls, Borderlands 2 & dlc, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

So much for trying to hold out this sale.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Which AC is it people rave about, other than Black Flag? 3?


I've added Sleeping Dogs (sounds really good), Saints Row 4 (vs aliens), COH 2 and Planetary Annihilation.
Already got Fallout 3 & dlc, Dark Souls, Borderlands 2 & dlc, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

So much for trying to hold out this sale.


AC2 is the best one but 3 and Black Flag are good too.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
I got AC4 free with my GTX770, along with SC: Blacklist and Batman: AO. Literally the first time EVER that a game bundle I got with my video card had ONE game I wanted to play, let alone 3.

Never would've bought Batman, but since it was free I tried it and really liked it! Bought Arkham City GOTY on sale on Steam since and I'll probably get Arkham Knight now.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I'm really liking Metro Last Light so far.


Yep, good game.

So far I've bought Football Manager 2014, Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Sniper Elite V2.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
Pilgrim
Veteran
Pilgrim
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,410
Likes: 10
As Mace says I think you're thinking about AC2 as that's been generally viewed as the best all around AC game. I'd have to say its been my favorite too. Not just the setting and story but I found that AC2 had the best combat configuration and gameplay out of all of them. You have more control and more combat options and it flows well. AC3 combat is still pretty good but it felt like they tried to simplify it which is a mistake in my opinion. Though I love the setting of AC4, the combat mechanics really took a dump in my opinion. I don't know what they were thinking because it made it too arcade like and not enough puppeteering
control and options like in AC2. Wish they would have kept a "classic" type combat schemed for folks to use. I hope they go back in the right direction with Unity.


John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Had enough from selling those things on the marketplace to buy AC2. Then I pulled old stuff I had before, relisted and made another almost $5. I love this stuff. LOL
I guess you accumulate these things as you play the games and get achievements? I've sold all of the cards for purchases too.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
I guess you accumulate these things as you play the games and get achievements?
Correct. I have over 100 cards that I can sell. I noticed that my most valuable cards are worth 39 cents and the least valuable are 3 cents.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Get them while the getting is good! Looks like they drop pretty quickly from that >.20 range.
Might even get me playing some of these sale games I never get around to. To buy more sale games to not get around to. LOL


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
I actually play everything I buy. Yeah I'm crazy like that.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 06/27/14 06:00 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896
B
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
Senior Member
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,896
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I actually play everything I buy. Yeah I'm crazy like that.


Panzer has a cloning machine or the worlds best coffee brewer


Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: bogusheadbox
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I actually play everything I buy. Yeah I'm crazy like that.


Panzer has a cloning machine or the worlds best coffee brewer
I did grow up in Miami and thus have been drinking espressos since I was a kid so you may be onto something. smile

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 06/27/14 06:10 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Page 7 of 11 1 2 … 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,187 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1