SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3944570 04/25/14 07:02 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,154
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,154
Update 36 WW2
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/822941
Quote:
Hello folks,
Today�s update is a small miracle.

By late night Moscow time, as we decided to take some screenshots, we realized that the game�s WIP render stopped working for everyone. Programmers responsible had already gone home hours before. I began writing an apologetic update, and then, somehow, someway, our ingenious junior aircraft programmer managed to get the game working on his machine.

So, I�m very happy to present to you the 109 in combat.

(please note that his version of the 109 has many animations not working, such as landing gear and propeller arc, and has a lot of other system stuff showing. We decided not to mess with his development environment because time is very precious)







On the development front, most of the tasks this week had to do with the cockpit and the sound. The 109 is beginning to sound very mean and very authentic. Our wonderful sound engineer also wrote an incredibly rousing theme for the 109, but I won�t be posting it just yet. The wonderful composer, talented but na�ve in the ways of the world, submitted the latest version with a background sound effect of a certain historical leader reading a speech to a rousing roar. We�ll make sure it is removed of course, but this being late Friday night in Moscow, it won�t happen today.

Other than that, the tasks remaining for the 109 are, in that order: finalize and test cockpit procedures; finalize sound; DB 605 engine tuning for medium and high altitudes; finalize manual; overall testing; finalize external animations; finalize damage model visuals; finalize flight performance; create game interface.

The plan will likely change, especially in the smaller sub-tasks that I am not listing for each major step. However, the first two tasks (sound and cockpit) should complete next week, and DB 605 tuning, unless something goes horribly wrong, should take be done, well, so quickly that I cannot even force myself to write out the task duration publicly. And then, ladies and gentlemen, we�ll just need to test this here thing for serious and crash bugs for as long as it takes that to ensure they do not exist.

The biggest task for the coming days for me personally is to finish up the 109 manual. There�s not much work to be done, just write out all cockpit procedures and make sure all the buttons and checklists are correct. Shooting to have the manual finished by, oh, May 10th.

I�ll wrap this up with a couple of beaaautiful diagrams done for the 109 manual by our very talented graphic artist.




The manuals are looking very spiffy. Cannot wait to see them in print!

Have a great weekend!


More News to the Front
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
I think it's interesting the last 6 Dev updates have only had 18 replies total with 3 of them getting 0 replies.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
S
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
Yeah, and that's kind of sad. It's obvious that a lot of talent and hard work is being channeled into this project.


Remove before flight
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
Perhaps that is partly due to the fact that there are too many people who dropped good money to support this project and so far still do not even have access to the "backers section" after repeated emails to the forums and on the DCS KS page..

I can't speak for anyone else but me but that is one reason why my excitement over this has waned some.. Mind you .. I am still in. I supported this project and in no small fashion and I still expect it to come to fruition but I am not going to hinge on every update with baited breath and ooos and aaahhhhs when I can't even get a frakkin reply to a dadgummed email about access to a simple forum ..

.. especially when I have BoS, CoD and IL2 to keep my sim jones satisfied.. My attitude is give the cake time to bake and panic if you smell it burning.


Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
Yeah I just dont find the updates interesting enough to comment on yet. Bit like watching a glacier melt.

H


[Linked Image]
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Its very early days in the DCS WW2 development, and we have COD, and BOS to fill our combat flight simming time, so I would imagine most people don't see the need to feed the doom and gloom scenario yet. Another third party DCS group have announced they will be developing WW2 aircraft for sale at 39 dollars a pop. No word yet on what maps they will provide for these aircraft. The aircraft they've announced aren't from any particular theater. It will be interesting to see if the two WW2 DCS third party developments compliment each other. There are more than enough good WW2 aircraft to model, that they should be able to coordinate their aircraft development efforts.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
S
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
I have never played the existing DCS titles, and I foresee that DCS: WWII Europe will be little more than a novelty distraction in my life, to fly civvie-style circuits and such. I used to fly sims all the time but very rarely now. But I did contribute to KS so I am watching the updates with interest. I hope the project is successful and well-received by the community.


Remove before flight
Chivas #3945600 04/28/14 06:13 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
Originally Posted By: Chivas
so I would imagine most people don't see the need to feed the doom and gloom scenario yet.



Whoa there Mr. negative! I didn't mean that I expected to see a bunch of "doom and gloom" type posts...quite the opposite actually. I expected more interest and responses because in the history of the combat flight sim world...when a dev posted an update about their upcoming new sim... there was usually a flood comments about the update and generally asking a bunch of questions. It just seems odd that there isn't more posts positive or otherwise.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Perhaps the combination of not enough people having access that should yet along with the nature of the updates not exactly inviting comments is the reason.

I don't have access, but if I did I doubt I would've posted anything either. They're pretty self-explanatory and don't really scream "weigh in!" to me.
Mostly a bunch of "here's a pic of this unfinished render" and "had a problem with X that we did/didn't get worked out" stuff.


The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 60
Y
To h�verkr�ft mu �ne gem�
Junior Member
To h�verkr�ft mu �ne gem�
Junior Member
Y Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 60
You mean there is a dev forum?

Null interesso. I'll just wait for the release, read the docs and fly my 'planes biggrin

Never been into this hype/rave/gee-up thang.


Yia su
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
I've been reading them and they are quite pleasing and informative. Replies come from certain types of people that favor replying, especially to sensationalist or provocative material. Readers are the better folks anyway. Good work, keep it up.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 126
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 126
Though its really good to see progress, maybe its just not anything to write home about just yet. Though it is exciting to see the 109 buzzing about. Alot of peoples attitudes with Ilya are very much wait and see. Which leaves the ball in his court. Count me in when the playable content is out. Until then, its a good read.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
Also how come the prop is spinning on the 190 and the P-51 but not on the 109? It is nice to hear of progress but these updates have been .... meh.. and only contribute further to the raising of eyebrows.


Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
A month now without an update. Has there been anything posted on the Russian forums?

EDGE integration is tripping them up?

H


[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
Nothing. Hope we get something today.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
Well personally I respect the decision not to do any updates for a few weeks unless there is something to show...

Posting screenshots of MSWord for the sake of showing something was just plain silly.

Sometimes silence is the best policy. If you got nuthin to say, say nuthin!


[Linked Image]
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
I' m starting to think that the lack of updates is somehow connected to the political crisis i Ukraine. With team being spread out over Kiev, Moscow and USA maybe they are keeping a low profile for a while. I hope i'm wrong about this though

Looking forward to this, but not holding my breath :-)

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
...I would think it has more to do with A) lack of anything meaningful to say and B) this is luthier we're talking about. smile



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
The sky always falls every three or four weeks, then subsides for a week. That's not to say the development won't crash and burn, thats "always" a possibility. 160,000 dollars won't go far, hopefully his supposed other investors have deep pockets. Periodic updates may increase once EDGE is fully integrated into the DCS World.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20
JFM Offline
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,558
Likes: 20


Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,674 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1