SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 24 of 37 1 2 … 22 23 24 25 26 … 36 37
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
glad to hear that everything is ok. if you find something odd feel free report it.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
So a quick question - is wind/turbulence now dynamic throughout the time of a mission? It seems to be... Over the course of an hour long mission I started out with a pretty stable helo but later on I was having more of a time keeping the nose on the target. Am I wrong in my observation?

BeachAV8R



Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
N
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Guessing that may have had a lot to do with fuel and ammo consumption reducing your all-up weight. Lighter chopper means more weathercocking.


<Insert witty sig block here>
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Originally Posted By: NutsnBolts
Guessing that may have had a lot to do with fuel and ammo consumption reducing your all-up weight. Lighter chopper means more weathercocking.

Good point.. Hadn't thought of that. Does anyone know if the in-game Apache fuel consumption rate is modeled after the real thing? (I don't have any idea what that rate is by the way..)

Don't know how reliable the source: HERE..but it says:

"Powered by two General Electric gas turbine engines rated at 1890 shaft horsepower each, the Apache�s maximum gross weight is 17,650 pounds which allows for a cruise airspeed of 145 miles per hour and a flight endurance of over three hours."

BeachAV8R



Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
wind alway affected dynamics, but cant's say how much (I never tried to turn it off). and it's true - only for new FM mass is taking into account for most dynamic aspects. honestly I never tried to analyze it - just move data from one function to another, at one moment I thought "it's cool". maybe it's weather, maybe not)) damaged hydraulics make similar effect. or pilot just tired?.. this game brings new surprises every day for me.

fuel consumption rate can be changed in dyn files (since 1.15.2 for all FMs). I know for sure Hind has real value. for Apache current value is 0.145 (kg/s)

current fuel weight 1108kg, 1108 / 10800 = 0.1025 kg/s

Last edited by thealx; 05/04/14 03:00 PM.
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Why on the Hokum, the Z and X are reversed?

Z moves it to the right instead of left and X moves it to the left instead of right?

But flying the MI-24, MI-28, KA-50, Apache, Apache Longbow, Viper, Sea Cobra, Comanche and other choppers, the Z and X works normally.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
so strange.. I'll check it.

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Originally Posted By: thealx
so strange.. I'll check it.


Thank you!

I got killed a few times because I keep turning it to the wrong direction and then start panicking when I hear all the warning alarms going off and see missiles coming at me from all directions, from the air and from the ground.

duh

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
I can confirm that rudder inverted for ka-52, ka-50 etc. if reverse_pedal=0 for default flight model, but I didn't get X axis inverted anyhow. what FM you flying? what reverse_pedal, reverse_cyclic_x, reverse_cyclic_y values?

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
FM is set on 1.

I didn't touch it.

Not sure about the other reverse pedal cyclic settings.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
you did. new FM is "2". inverted rudder is my fault, but what's wrong with roll...

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 172
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 172
I've also had trouble with the rudder, with the Hind being the only one that went the right way...
(FM=0 because I wanted to start with a 'known' behaviour, I will try '2' later)

Also, AAA sounds don't stop after you destroy them, you can even go back later and they are still making firing noises but on rapid repeat with no pause.

Also on the Ka-52 the HUD speed seems to be 30+ more than the dial speedo?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
1. will fix it soon
2. bug since the beginning. fixed.
3. hud and mfd speed for russian aircrafts in km/h (it's always confuse me too)

Last edited by thealx; 05/05/14 08:18 AM.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 431
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 431
Where to download?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
right now it's not available for public download. watch for further updates.

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 343
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 343
Can't wait!! Hopefully soon:-)


Why do people think flight sims are nerdy???
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Hi Thealx, i'm glad to see that you've changed blue helicopters' avionics (i mean FLIR/DTV sensors) i enjoyed them especially when flying the AH64D, should be possible to put somne changes also in the HUD like in those photos? I know that you're already busy so no problem if you can't, many thanks for you job!





Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
I'm afraid no. now I'm only fixing current problems, it already taken more time than I expected.

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
No problem, i've noticed a lot of CTD in the Grand Canyon map especially when i look around from the AH64D/RAH66 cockpit, i thought that the problem were the HESCO barriers but it only happens in the Grand Canyon map, what do you think? I'm reinstalling everything for test again.

Last edited by SKIP2008; 05/06/14 09:18 AM.
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Congratulations Thealx about your incredible work, I'm willing to try, and thank you very much for sharing with us.

Page 24 of 37 1 2 … 22 23 24 25 26 … 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,495 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1