|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
update_weapon_load_shared_mem function answering for updating weapons info in "weapon_load" struct. it contains all current weapon types and their quantity. this struct doesn't used anywhere.
values and their ports in commserver/values.cpp file. it's possible to go through weapon_load struct, get flares quantity and set it to the port. and it will be different version of commserver after successful compiling (can't guaranty it will happen). anything else?
------
I made several changes, and tried to compile it. unfortunately, I got a lot of errors, and not all of them I was able to fix. it's common problem for different versions of compilers, but I'm afraid I can't spent more time with it right now. if I will able to help you with anything else just ask.
Last edited by thealx; 04/21/14 05:00 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751 |
Thanks anyway for taking the time to check.
Cheers,
Andy
and, keep up the great work....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422 |
Hi Thealx, looks like we'll have some troubles dealing with ships. It's ready for release or you have found some bugs? Thanks for your hard work.
Last edited by SKIP2008; 04/24/14 04:08 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
actually, nothing really changed. missile defense systems not really effective, also rearming time is making huge gates for effective attack. it's just cool to watch how warship trying to defend itself. also jets became very annoying - if you take helicopter based on warship, you better get out of here. good chance that you will get rocket on your head before take off.
still finding bugs, old and new. trying to eliminate as much as possible - only way to reach stability.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 129
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 129 |
Hi there! Rather late to say "Thanks a lot for the great work!", but real life delivered some pretty bad surprises in the last months... nevertheless my "Thanks" comes deep from my heart.
2 things so far (sorry, if they are already handled elsewhere) 1.) After installing the latest version, the opening screen still says "version 1.15.0" shouldn't it be 1.15.2? Mistake at installing from my side? 2.) All helicopters bob and turn like mad on the ground. Doesn't matter if the engines are shut down or running. As soon as they are airborne, there are no problems at all.. Any idea?
Again, sorry for my not searching around. Very busy to get my head up again after the last months.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
1. my mistake - forget to change value before compilation; 2. sometimes happens if you use rudder while landed, but usually it shouldn't happen. anyway, some troubles fixed for alternative flight model, you will be able to test it soon.
Last edited by thealx; 04/26/14 08:41 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 129
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 129 |
Thanks for the answers! But there is no input from stick, throttle or rudders (and all correctly centered), the engines are off and the helicopters still behave as if they want to participate in Riverdance  ... But I don't really care, as it's over immediately after takeoff. And everything looks really great. Thanks again! edit: just noticed: It's in all 1.15 versions for me.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
suspension stability was improved in RC3. if it's happens in stable 1.15 too it could be problems in dyn files or something like this.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
ook, list of current problems:
- hellfires trying to climb whatever range to target is, at range up to 3.5km they are useless - AI helicopters do not raise undercarriage after take-off most of the time - ships became dark after FLIR or LLTV/DTV screen active - fixed ka-50 cockpit not really fixed, I forget to include it =) - something strange happens after toggle flir/dtv while in the CPG seat
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
try to delete game.cfg file. if it will not help, set 3dreset=1 in EECH.INI. and you not forget to set there fs=1 (fullscreen enabled)?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604 |
Not sure if this has been mentioned.
When an AI controlled Comanche goes into attack mode, their landing gear comes down.
Also, why does the voices sound like they are talking in slow motion and going slower and deeper when you are hit.
Ground Control, Air Traffic Control, Wingmen, etc
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604 |
Yikes! I never used Rockets on the Comanche! Can't hit anything. Not even the broadside of a huge barn at 100 Feet! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
you are right, M261 doesn't work. I swear it works last time I used it!  radio messages has some modifications. 1st - pitch correction, voice became litter lower (random value) but it not linked with damage anyhow, 2nd - messages from sources that far away not just soft but have some kind of noise (noise supressed, so volume changing randomly while radio transmission happens. two options - you just don't like it or something wrong. I will make a sample and we will see what is wrong. you can turn it off by changing "real_radio_msgs" to 0.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422 |
Wow Thealx, thanks for the work you done, i can't wait to test it! just one question, hellfires can't hit targets at 8 km anymore?
Last edited by SKIP2008; 04/29/14 08:12 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
opposite - they cant hit target at range less than 3.5~4km. it's temporary of course and will be fixed soon.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422 |
Ok, my misunderstanding sorry, thanks again.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
Okeydokey, couple of things so far. First, just a massive thankyou to thealx, magitek, and everyon else who's contributed to the mod - this is absolutely amazing work and we're all getting it gratis! Especially enjoying the new smoke effects. I could actually just fly around dropping flares and things for quite some time  Second, the short list of probs so far.  I did a completely clean install, putting both ApHavoc and CoHokum on, installing AllMods, terrain, maps and smoke, and then finally installing 1.15RC4. No errors reported during installation, and the game starts up fine (even though I too was confused by the new fs=0/1 string!) * Havoc engine panels no longer displaying output; makes manual engine start-up a bit of a pain but not a major issue. * Game no longer responding to JoyToKey inputs; this is a more significant problem since the game only recognises the four buttons on my joystick, and I'd mapped the throttle component of the HOTAS to control both the landing gear and all my countermeasures and jammers. JoyToKey is associated properly with cohokum.exe and the program itself operates fine; the keyboard inputs (i.e. Ctrl+G, F for flares, I for the IR jammer, etc) all work fine as well. Turns out this was to do with me running it in Administrator privileges.* Trim no longer working, i.e. can't use the arrow keys to set manual trim settings when the joystick is active. This may be connected to the above? * Game's now a lot more finicky about Alt-Tabbing. Alt-Tab causes immediate game crash. * Debug file not being generated in spite of several crashes; Windows search doesn't turn anything up. Hiding somewhere! My fault, failed to read your notes properly. Didn't generate because I had debug_force_vectors=1 and debug_show_damage=1.Will keep posting as I find things - miserable bugger that I am!
Last edited by NutsnBolts; 04/29/14 03:51 PM.
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604 |
you are right, M261 doesn't work. I swear it works last time I used it!  radio messages has some modifications. 1st - pitch correction, voice became litter lower (random value) but it not linked with damage anyhow, 2nd - messages from sources that far away not just soft but have some kind of noise (noise supressed, so volume changing randomly while radio transmission happens. two options - you just don't like it or something wrong. I will make a sample and we will see what is wrong. you can turn it off by changing "real_radio_msgs" to 0. I am not used to seeing M261 on a Comanche. Interesting how you have different weapon loads for the choppers on both sides. Like the Apache Longbow only has 8 Hellfires and no rockets (and maybe no stingers too) on Recon missions. Or the KA-52 only has Vikhr missiles and S8 rockets and no Air to Air missiles on Recon missions. I was in a KA-52, locked on a SAM less than 6.5 km away using a Vikhr and I couldn't hit it. The Vikhr arched down during the flight toward it and it hit the slightly uphill ground before it got to the target. I noticed the voice slows down and gets deeper when I was shot down and the game was showing the burning smoking wreckage iof my chopper. Also when I was in battle and there plumes of smokes around me rising up into the air.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|