|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
but Helix never had AA weapon, isn't it?
I found it really hard to add weapons for helis that already has payload configs. I'm trying right now to add stinger and m255 rockets for blackhawk, but this payload system pissed me off already..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
Countermeasures
The countermeasures suite includes an AN/ALQ-144 infrared jammer, radar warning receivers against pulsed and continuous wave radars and a laser warning detector. OH-58D has no flares. looks like recon missions are really dangerous..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
but Helix never had AA weapon, isn't it?
I found it really hard to add weapons for helis that already has payload configs. I'm trying right now to add stinger and m255 rockets for blackhawk, but this payload system pissed me off already.. I have no idea, off the top of my head; I suppose it probably doesn't. Apparently it can carry Sturms, so presumably it has at least some target-finding capability (LLTV only?), but whether they could be/have been used to designate targets for AAMs? Don't know. I've read of Hinds being given AAM loadouts, at least, but nowhere that cited sources. So yeah, it makes sense to leave them without. Bah, no Red Baroning for me  And if you succeed in getting Stingers onto the UH-60, no more easy machine-gun kills either!
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
I have no idea, off the top of my head; I suppose it probably doesn't. Apparently it can carry Sturms, so presumably it has at least some target-finding capability (LLTV only?), but whether they could be/have been used to designate targets for AAMs? Don't know.
technically Shturm-V is weapon complex with optical sight system, MI-24V has the same. Ataka is a same stock Shturm missile but with new warhead and better motor. it can hit slow movers with quite good chance, maybe that's why Iglas was never used on KA-29. also it's anti-ship attack helicopter. And if you succeed in getting Stingers onto the UH-60, no more easy machine-gun kills either!
already done.
Last edited by thealx; 04/13/14 08:47 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
Of course, mea culpa. I forgot that Sturm-V designates the entire complex, not just the missile itself. So if Ataka is an improved 9M114 missile, presumably it can be used with the other parts of the Sturm-V complex (which AIUI is designated 9K114) in place of the original 9M114? That's the impression I've got, but you seem to know better than most.
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
it's true - 9M114 can be safely replaced with 9M120 (both for ground based 9K114 and helicopter's 9K113). I'm not specialist - I'm just spent a lot of time looking for 9K120's specifications. overall, a lot of weapons data are still missing, unfortunately. weapons will be not completed for release (it means some specs will be not accurate compare to real weapons), maybe some day it will be finished.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422 |
Hi Thealx, do you think that should be possible add an asymmetric payolad for the AH64A/D? 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
right now it's impossible.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422 |
Thanks for the quick reply Thealx, what other changes we'll see in the next release?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
no problem. right now I'm finishing it, flying around and looking for anything that doesn't work properly. not sure there is will be more important improvements besides what I told you already. oh, annoying continuous "requesting support" was fixed! =)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101 |
no problem. right now I'm finishing it, flying around and looking for anything that doesn't work properly. not sure there is will be more important improvements besides what I told you already. oh, annoying continuous "requesting support" was fixed! =) Thank the Lord.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
I spent some time with fixing dynamics problems, also made some other changes. suddenly, new flight model was born. haven't decide yet how I will name it. first thing on my mind is "NIGHTMARE".....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
At what point are you going to start charging for what is rapidly becoming an entirely new game? 
Last edited by NutsnBolts; 04/19/14 01:39 PM.
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
it's just a hobby. your luck that we have computers. otherwise I would be doing something from wood and steel, and this stuff can't be shared through internet))
first version of flight model is finished I suppose. didn't make really hard test, just usual stuff - cruise flight, extreme conditions, aerobatics. new lift loss is most noticeable - with full payload and fuel weight it's really hard to avoid terrain collisions. with half payload and quarter of max fuel it's much easier. all helis became more maneuverable, especially hokum and blackshark. FM is not real of course, just another attempt to improve gameplay.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 284
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 284 |
Please , any way to get triple screen working ? Even in theory. Cant go back to 1screen anymore  -haukka81
I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
Second thing is black&white picture of FLIR and LLLTV/DTV. unfortunately, I didn't find easy way to make grayscale picture with DX7 functions, replacing all textures with the same grayscaled for infrared rendering is not a solution for me. so, FLIR is looks like b&w, LLLTV is just has less colors. there is no any configurations of objects temperature, so all objects rendering lighter (like hot), terrain is darker (cold) for FLIR. LLLTV is opposite - objects diffuse less IR light and looks darker than terrain. Please , any way to get triple screen working ? Even in theory. Cant go back to 1screen anymore  -haukka81 move to DX9 is easier I suppose. other ways will decrease performance greatly, it will be pointless.
Last edited by thealx; 04/20/14 10:11 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751 |
What a difference you're making to this game - well done!
I have a request if it would be possible. I did try to code it myself, but that's not my area of expertise (it's been MANY years since I did any programming, and that was with Pascal .......).
A while ago Firebird got the exporting data function working again and added a program (Commserver I think) to allow SIOC to get access to the data. I use SIOC to communicate with the controller cards in my cockpit.
I've been trying (without success!) to understand the source code for EECH sufficiently to allow me to add in the exporting of flare and chaff levels, and to export the messages that are sent to the Up Front Display.
Is this something you would consider ?
Many thanks in advance,
Andy
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
I'm not familiar with all this stuff, barely understand how it works. after small surfing I find several functions of dealing with shared memory, but they all different for different helicopters. about what aircraft are we talking? and is it any chance for me to make it work (and test) without hardware?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388 |
my old force feedback mod is here, prepare your FFB joystick for shake-up!! (it's good time to get one if you do not have it)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751 |
Hi, As I understand it, when a value like airspeed is updated during the game it is also updated in the shared memory area. I think that's all that happens from the game's point of view.
The Commserver program runs in the background (launched seperately) and waits for a request from the SIOC program for the value of a variable (i.e. airspeed)
When a request is received, the Commserver program accesses the relevant area of shared memory and extracts a copy of the value stored there and passes it back to SIOC.
SIOC then passes it on to one of the interface cards.
Then aircraft I'm particularly interested in is the Comanche as that's what my cockpit is based on.
All you would be able to do to test it was to check that the value was indeed being changed in the memory area.
Commserver program would also need to be changed to accomodate the new variables, but Firebird might be willing to get involved then. I could then check the results using SIOC and report back.
Cheers,
Andy
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|