SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 18 of 37 1 2 … 16 17 18 19 20 … 36 37
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
That's hot Thealx, well done, please release it i can't wait anymore. What other features will be present?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
I have a list of troubles that should be solved, after that I will share it for FINAL testing.

most of the changes are related to weapon systems - it's AI behavior (flexible targets filtering and weapons rearming), more complicated external ballistics (actually most of you will not notice it but I think it's important to make things closer to reality), new type of weapons (I mean not new weapon, new type =), new collision effects (ground, water, other objects, works for aircrafts, weapons, particles like damaged rotor blades etc.), new symbology for ka-50/mi-28/ka-52 optical systems. minor fixes will be listed later. also I want try to make better two things, if I will not get result at short time I will leave it, this tests became endless already..

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
This looks very good.. Can't wait to give this a whirl..

BeachAV8R



Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted By: BeachAV8R
This looks very good.. Can't wait to give this a whirl..

BeachAV8R

I'm glad to hear that you are still interested in eech =)

----

thing number one - particle clouds with lighting. looks not bad but still has some troubles, performance is most important - fps loss is horrible. trying to solve.



---

I'm afraid I wasn't able to make it work - too much problems with transparent surfaces rendering. it will be particle clouds without lighting for now - same performance with better quality. also dissolve algorithm is changed so cloud puffs appears softly.



Last edited by thealx; 03/26/14 01:09 PM.
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Wauwwwwww!!! Thealx, you surprise me again.
Thank very much for your effort.
I love you!!!!!!

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted By: SimonAlonso

Wauwwwwww!!! Thealx, you surprise me again.
Thank very much for your effort.
I love you!!!!!!


as you were!! war is no place for feelings!

btw, I'm completely forget about most noticeable thing. all units, buildings etc. has armor parameters, same as all weapons has weapon penetration capability. it means you can't destroy t-72 with AP 20-mm shells, or HE warheads will make much less damage than HEAT. something like this was before, but only several functions. now it's complete system and affects every damage event - even splash damage will be decreased when armored vehicle near the explosion. AI know about this (remember, these guys smart now))) and use best weapon against their targets. you should make the same - do not use HE against armored targets, or do not use HEAT against group of non-armored targets - explosion radius is quite small. different warhead types is present now - HE, HEDP, HEAT and *secret one*. AP is eliminated, now it's just hardball with increased armor penetration capability. maybe there is something else but I can't remember it right now, my head is full of finished and not even started stuff, it's total mess...

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Thealx, you've done a lot of job! What about hellfire missiles? Also them will have different warhead and damage parameters? The *secret one* stands for thermobaric warhead?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
hellfires has same HEAT, same damage as before and highest armor penetration among other helicopter weapons, but it became slower. and nope, it's not thermobaric, or napalm, or other fuel charge.

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
N
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Oh heck - I forgot to mention that the Hind cockpit doors are still going out of sync sometimes. When landing during insertions, and on final landing at the pad, the doors automatically open, but only in the external view; in the internal view, they appear to be closed. If you then hit Alt+C to open them, they open from the internal PoV, but close from the external.


<Insert witty sig block here>
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
thanks, I remember it. will fix it soon.

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Originally Posted By: thealx







Those look awesome!

thumbsup

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
N
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Another problem I've only noticed since I've been playing with pedals: it seems to be very difficult or impossible to centre them. In other words, the game always seems to interpret an input as either to the left or to the right; no matter how carefully I move the pedals, the helicopter's nose swings either right or left. It's especially noticeable on the ground, where one ends up taxiing rather like a Spitfire or Bf-109 pilot of old, in a long series of S-turns. I dunno if this is a bug or just something the game does by default.

ETA: Only appears on the Mi-24. The Mi-28 might exhibit it but I think the fact it's tailwheel steered makes it negligible; the Ka-52 doesn't exhibit the problem at all, so that's good news. I assume the Blue choppers are all pretty immune to it too.

Last edited by NutsnBolts; 03/31/14 01:53 AM.

<Insert witty sig block here>
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
I know - it's like helicopter collect yaw moment and use it right after taking off. it's kind a mystery, I didn't find why this happens. looks like problem with rudder hyper sensitivity is similar.

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
N
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
It's weird, indeed. I'm playing with some of the .dyn values to see what does something; reducing heading_inertia_value to 2 from 5 seems to have smoothed it out a bit (for now), so experiments along those lines will continue here into the weekend smile


<Insert witty sig block here>
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
smokes became something like I planned to get at the beginning. also helicopters with default cockpit get switchable payloads.


Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
You're doing a great job Thealx, thank you.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
ACHTUNG! Helix got Atakas!!


Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101
When are we going to see a release?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Coming soon!

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
N
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
zOMG! Helix with teeth! biggrin

... kinda wondering whether it#'s possible to make Hind, Helix etc have Aphids now... >.>


<Insert witty sig block here>
Page 18 of 37 1 2 … 16 17 18 19 20 … 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,510 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1