SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 195 of 240 1 2 … 193 194 195 196 197 … 239 240
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Just ran the highway in my F15C... 4:02

Careful when you drop your tanks... you don't have nearly enough fuel to make it all the way through on burner.

Also, can't go toooooooooooo fast otherwise you can't make some of the turns...

I had a good time but I'm pretty disappointed in how the Warthog HOTAS behaves with some of the inputs I programmed... sometimes they work- sometimes they don't. Going to take some getting used to.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1990125&postcount=445


Disregard my last... found it... (whoops sniped by Skate!)

Originally Posted By: flanker0ne;1990125
The Autoupdate.cfg of the two version is different:

  • Release:
    Code:
    "WARNING": "DO NOT EDIT this file. You may break your install!",
     "version": "1.2.7.23097.351",
     "arch": "x86_64",
     "lang": "EN",
     "modules": [
  • Openbeta:
    Code:
     "WARNING": "DO NOT EDIT this file. You may break your install!",
     "branch": "openbeta",
     "version": "1.2.7.23803.355",
     "arch": "x86_64",
     "lang": "EN",
     "modules": [


By adding "branch": "openbeta", and running a Repair you can transform your install from Release to Openbeta and viceversa (by erasing)



In case some of you are wondering...

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Anyone else getting a "failure to resolve host name" error on TS3?

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
SimHQ works,

Firehouse TS3,
Quote:
<20:30:31> Trying to resolve hostname firehouse.no-ip.biz
<20:30:31> Trying to connect to server on firehouse.no-ip.biz
<20:30:37> Failed to connect to server

Last edited by SkateZilla; 04/05/14 12:30 AM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Mine was doing that too...

Figured it out- my server was reissued a new IP... probably since it had been turned off for so long.


All good now.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
Hey Eno. I zoomed about a bit in your stopping the runs mission, and couldn't find anything. I tried searching the main Beslan/Tishkinvali and Vladivikaz/Tbilisi highways and didn't find anything, nor could I see anything while trying to use the look down - shoot down capabilities of the APG-63 from up high. Out of curiousity I jumped in one of the OPFOR MiGs, and didn't see anything on its F10 map either. I'm not sure if things spawned, and I didn't see them, or If anything spawned at all.


Also the tanker was non-responsive to BLUFOR F-15Cs, and crashed after experiencing a mysterious 20mm HEI related engine fire.


Off to greener pastures
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Mysterious as in succumbing to Nearly Blind Mig-29S related gunfire... yeah- I saw that.

It's not set to go into full motion until a certain amount of time after blue aircraft in certain numbers arrive on scene doing the patrol. Thanks for looking though.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Ants in your pants --




Almost ready, need to add in Red Ka-50s and Mi-8Ts...

WC

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Don't let Mol see this!

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
I'm ready to post it now -- the new Ants -- but Mol and Viper are in there flying Witches Hollo!

Gee I wish I did not have to go to work tomorrow...

I still need to add in more A-10 Warm & Cold starts... oh, and some briefing stuff for the Client Mi-8Ts.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
I'm integrating in the Mi-8T Clients.

Hmmm, is Invisible To AI good for ... of course it would be.

These woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep
.
.
And miles to go before I sleep.


WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
This is going to take a lot of scripting for Unit_In_Zone triggers...

--- for Ants
mist.flagFunc.units_in_zones{
units = {'[red][vehicle]','Mi-8T 81','Mi-8T 82','Mi-8T 83','Mi-8T 84'},
zones = {'RDR Z02B1 Zone'},
flag = 90217,
zone_type = 'cylinder',
toggle = true
}

WC


"Your ballroom days are over, baby"

Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 875
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 875
What's the server versions for Hollo Point and Firehouse? Both at 1.2.8 beta?


Fridge
----------
Things which do you no good in aviation:
1) Altitude above you;
2) Runway behind you;
3) Fuel in the truck;
4) The airspeed you don't have.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
This is going to take a lot of scripting for Unit_In_Zone triggers...

--- for Ants
mist.flagFunc.units_in_zones{
units = {'[red][vehicle]','Mi-8T 81','Mi-8T 82','Mi-8T 83','Mi-8T 84'},
zones = {'RDR Z02B1 Zone'},
flag = 90217,
zone_type = 'cylinder',
toggle = true
}


What the heck? I can't get this to work -- is there a problem with this function using Mist v3_3?

WC

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
What the heck? I can't get this to work -- is there a problem with this function using Mist v3_3?


Once, when trying with chin against a well-curb,
I discerned, as I thought, beyond the picture,
Through the picture, a something white, uncertain,
Something more of the depths�and then I lost it.
Water came to rebuke the too clear water.
One drop fell from a fern, and lo, a ripple
Shook whatever it was lay there at bottom,
Blurred it, blotted it out. What was that whiteness? Truth?
A pebble of quartz? For once, then, something.


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
ce�re�bral (s&#601;&#712;ri br&#601;l, &#712;s&#603;r &#601;-)

adj.
1. of or pertaining to the cerebrum or the brain.
2. characterized by the use of the intellect rather than intuition or instinct.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
It should work crew...

Sometimes I've had to reload MIST-


I assume you have mist loading at start and the script loading shortly thereafter?

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Yes, Mist v3_3 loads at 4 seconds and the unit in zones script runs at 8 -- no errors... Just no result. It won't trigger with either a Red vehicle or the unit helicopter #84.

More troubleshooting tonight...

WC

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Try loading MIST at "mission start" instead of at 4 seconds.

Also- do the vehicles spawn into the zone or are they there from mission start? Do they start inside the zone or do they move into the zone?

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Gosh, you're making me think of something Grimes said a looong time ago, about a bug re Late start groups moving through the zone on start. I think that was my first lua test mission and I couldn't reason why it wouldn't work.

I'll break it down tonight and get it sorted out.

WC

Page 195 of 240 1 2 … 193 194 195 196 197 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,131 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1