|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
Bloody hell, thealx, you're a star! Can't wait for the next release now, or tell you how impressed I am with the immense amount of work you and the other modders on the site have put into old EECH. Roll on RC4!
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
don't wait too much, insertion is still extremely primitive. it's just became more usable.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101 |
and I'm finally added magitek's fixes. still working with weapons and smokes.
Does this include his fixed-wing attack fixes and the MP cannon Ammo bug fix?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
Floydii, yes. only map mods excluded - I have my own ideas so will mix magitek's stuff with mine. I didn't change anything, just tested for a while - works fine I suppose. if you will find that something doesn't work I will try to fix it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
don't wait too much, insertion is still extremely primitive. it's just became more usable. Any improvement welcome, if you ask me. Have you done any work on the IR and radar jammer modelling in the game? I can't find any sources on how they're modelled, what their effectiveness is, etc. I know the flares work (although chaff seems to be pretty ineffective, at least against fixed-wing-launched missiles), but not whether these fixed systems do anything to degrade missile accuracy. In addition, in the Mi-24 cockpit, there's presently no way to tell whether the IR jammer/ECM are on or off, but presumably you're aware of that. Anyway, just wondered if they actually do anything much in the game.
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
No, I didn't. just for education purposes:
Both radar and IR jammer (same as active radar) has similar effects:
- detection range by enemy radar increased 10% (not sure why IR jammer is here??) - some mysterious target_fire_timer is decreased 15%. it's linked with reload time and used by AI against human players only. but seems like this value doesn't used anywhere now (or I just can't see it)
- for guided weapons jammers creates some random target point position distortion (35 meters maximum). real chance to not get direct hit and decrease damage.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101 |
Do Jammers increase your detectibility to the enemy when switched on?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
active jammers and radar increase maximum range of detection by enemy radar 0.1 * 0.1 * 0.1 = 33%. doesn't affect visual detection anyhow.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
How very weird; as you say, for the IR jammer to do that doesn't make much sense at all, unless the AI only uses radar for detection; in that case, it's probably meant to simulate you becoming easier to detect using FLIR, once you have a massive great IR pulse generator operating.
Sorta see how it could increase radar detection threshold too (effectively by making the target big and fuzzy rather than small and discreet?). But at least they both reduce your probability of being hit, so I suppose switching them on/off depends on how you want to operate.
Thanks again for the education.
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101 |
You really only want to switch those kind of jammers on when you're actively being targetted. Otherwise they are a giant beacon for anyone with the appropriate sensors.
Given that I always left the jammers to the Co-pilot, this never really caused me any grief.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
I usually take the view that the Mi-24 is a bloody great target anyway - better to have them running anyway in case I forget to turn them on, once I'm in contested airspace. Of course, better yet is shooting the buggers from outside their own reach...
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101 |
Any idea when this version is being released?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
waiting for release? =) yeah, I'm waiting for this day too. looks like I never know where I should stop.. but, this time I'm making something really great, just be patient.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
about target_fire_timer - it's a delay of weapon reloading, works only for AI units. it means if player have active radar and IR/radar jammers, enemy reloading time will be shorter than 40%. I'm not sure that it's based on some physics law or not)))
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101 |
Likely just simulating difficulties in acquiring a jamming target for subsequent engagements. A better option would be affecting the acquisition time.. if such a variable exists.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
I dunno, that sounds to me like the activation of the jamming equipment actually accelerates the AI RoF. Unless I'm reading that backwards, and T_F_T adds a delay of <40% to reload time value t, in which case, you're right and I apologise for being slow 
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166 |
Hello Thealx, how about your job, are you going to include the new Mi-24 clikable cockpit and Gunner cockpit to the new release? Sorry about my impatience and thank you for your effort.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387 |
I'm moving slow but definitely have some progress. most important stuff is already done, only minor bugs and problems are left. but I will not include hind's avionics because it's unfinished. will continue to work with it after 1.15.2 releasing (I hope this day will come..)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 101 |
This can't be released soon enough. I have a queue of guys waiting to play this version (fixed MP mainly).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
|
|
Needs moar Mi-24 Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183 |
Visual bug found, in external view but kinda difficult to screenshot. I thought I'd got one of it, but evidently this was the best I could do. Noticed it while playing the Georgia campaign. Seems to happen when flying over large groups of the trees (pines? Spruces?); it's as if the engine's having problems displaying both trees and helicopter simultaneously. Only happens when viewing from certain angles; I think this isn't the viewing angle causing the problem but lining up with whatever does. Couple of screenshots below, taken within 5 seconds of each other. The first shot shows the standard rearward view; all OK, and few trees immediately beneath the helo. The second, taken after rotating the view clockwise ~40 degrees, has something missing - in the words of Rolf Harris, can ya tell what it is yit?  
<Insert witty sig block here>
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|