SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 11 of 37 1 2 … 9 10 11 12 13 … 36 37
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
If I am understand correctly there wasn't warning message when chopper locked-on by enemy SAM launcher. I didn't changed anything there, but will make some tests.

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
N
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Not quite; only when engaged by enemy Infantry using MANPADS. The M1097, M48A1 etc all cause the RWR to light up as normal, so I presume I've just managed to avoid being shot at by infantry before now.


<Insert witty sig block here>
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
in this case RWR shouldn't react on heat-seeking missiles, so it's ok.

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
N
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
Needs moar Mi-24
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 183
Good to hear; I did wonder. Sorry for the false alarm.


<Insert witty sig block here>
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
someone interested in ballistics? you can join the test of new ballistic calculations for guided and non-guided weapons. it respects mass, gravitation force, air pressure, engine thrust for boost and sustain mode, proper drag calculations. work in progress and it can be interesting only for person that have some knowledge in this sphere. it's not playable =)

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Very nice.Is not eat fps?Becouse smoke trail eats very much fps if it is too much sprites.Probably you found some other way to display of such smoke.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
it works like fire smoke (one smoke texture per shot), but dissapear in 3 seconds. don't feel any problems with it on my system.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
This is somehow associated with smokes / metasmok, or completely separately only in the code?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
it's new strings both in smoke and metasmoke files, but in the code small exceptions - this type of smoke doesn't continuous (only one texture created). so it can be configured like usual smoke. same as for new types of smoke that I am making - everything will be in csv files.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
There is still something to add?;)I mean adding new things, or changing old?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
it's just new types of smoke (read - new configs) for different situations. nothing extremely new in smoke rendering, it's same smoke and flame sprites.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
1 proposal from me :
If you shoot rockets :
2 rockets- you have 2 smoke trails
8 rocketes - you have 8 smoke trails.
32 rockets you have 32 smoke trails- this kill any cpu.Maybe you can hard lock ALWAYS 2 smoke trails for any amount rockets?
I mean the new sprites smoke trails.Not the old" Cross".whose you are using.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
thanks. will think about it.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387


spent a lot of time making smoke move in opposite direction after rocket launch, finally it works.. also some new muzzle effects. I'm still far away from finishing but at least now I know how it will works at the end.

and, of course, Happy new year!! loaded-santa

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
Very impressive update. Keep up the good work.

A very Happy New Year to all you EECH users out there from sunny (well, it's actually raining here!!) Scotland.

Cheers,

Andy


Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
As always perfect Alex smile I see you improved the old "cross"smoke.
Happy New Year

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,891
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,891
Hello fellow EECHer's,

I see some very interesting moding and improvements going on in this old gal...

Keep up the good work..

Happy New Year !

dfang

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Originally Posted By: XIII
I see you improved the old "cross"smoke.


sort of. tried some different shapes (like # ) but stayed with cross, I'm just increased number of ribbons by one (now it looks like >|< ). still not perfect from the cockpit view but much better from the side.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
I am also a long time I tried to make it better.Normal single sprites operate poorly.It is impossible to reduce the distance between them.When large amounts able to stop the whole computer.Cross look great from the side and do not slow down computer.I watched as it is done in BMS.

This looks perfect.I do not know how to do it in eech.
Maybe here you fund some tips :
http://combathelo.blogspot.com/2011/06/rocket-man.html
http://combathelo.blogspot.com/2011/06/ad-updates-his-diary-on-simhq.html

Last edited by XIII; 01/01/14 01:09 PM.
Page 11 of 37 1 2 … 9 10 11 12 13 … 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,628 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1