|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Eh guys- anything interesting in Eastbound and Down? Smooth? Issues?
This is a little less predictable since I can't pause it... for this I may need to add a trigger to "start the music."
Right now it's programmed to give a certain amount of time (assuming that someone is in the mission) and then get things rolling. I think in this case you may have been about 15 minutes behind and many abbies may have been on the move and well on their way.
Anyway- I'd made some substantial efforts to try and keep vehicles from clogging the bridges (without reason)- drop a CBU97 and logjam a bunch of vehicles on a bridge... well... we know that's going to cause chaos so we forgive it.
But blocking 3 waves of an attack because 20 vehicles decide to stack ontop of one another on a bridge for no reason 10 klicks from the battle area? Nuh-uh.
If the mission was reliable, I'll add it to the quiver. I'm going to do a quick modification on Killbox (no supplies available)... and try that. I'm interested to see if the "group to random zone" works!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Hi BEANS, how have you bean?
Got the guy,,, thanks for the heads-up. If you don't mind, edit out the guys name above. :-) Eno, I sent the updated list.
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292 |
Ok I redacted his name. P-8 is going good Eno. The Navy seems to like them and I think we are about to pick up some more foreign sales.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 117
for SCIENCE! Member
|
|
for SCIENCE! Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 117 |
Eno I've been in Eastbound and Down for...6 hours I think. Not a single crash except about 30 seconds after the first time I joined. I got the logs and will submit bug reports and stuff tomorrow. I think the mission is broken. Units definitely clog bridges. I've got some screenshots and will type up more tomorrow. Its after 4am here so I REALLY need to sleep lol. I was up so late because I got to watch a pair of guys go after some BMPs with the Huey, and boy did it look spectacular. I'll upload more screenshots tomorrow, but I just had to put this one up right away: 
Still rockin the Saitek X36F & X35T
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Eh Snipor- that's what I was afraid of. It derails the whole scenario.
It's not that the mission is broken- it's just handcuffed to really inadequate vehicle AI- I might try straight routing all groups offroad to see how that works- but I think a couple of those rivers are too deep for them to cross without using a bridge.
And there is currently no efficient nor practical way to resolve the issue- you can't respawn a group on the other end of a bridge (practically, remember)... without going in on every single group... set a speed lower than condition on the bridge... and respawn it at point.
Well- that doesn't sound like a lot... and if you START with that in mind- for every bridge... it's a bunch of cloning and changing of group names and zones.
Problem is that at least up to the last itteration, active vehicles en-route would pathfind AROUND vehicles that were in their route but inactive (not spawned in). I discovered that while making the first Peach mission... watching over the mission during development all these vehicles were doing the racecar weave for no reason... then I remembered I had an unspawned unit on the road in that area- so then you have to go back and move all those units that may or may not spawn off road...
Again, not hard if you START with this in mind- but to go back and change the order of every vehicle appearance or move everything offroad first and have to add a waypoint to bring the group "on road" before the next... Across a couple dozen groups this gets tedious- especially given the new randomization I'm trying... only 1 out of 3 of those groups is going to spawn anyway.
Ugh.
Not to rag on the mission editor- but it does grind on you after awhile.
On a positive note, I have been able to put together a revamped Full Throttle 1.2.7. I've cleaned up a lot of the positions and unloaded the potential for an invasion and just stuck to the basics. There are a couple of "fly in" challenges... one of which I think will be nearly impossible. Get your piddle packs ready!
Grimes also clarified (might have mentioned this already) that the only thing currently not working properly is the CTTS script involving placing logistical items for the Hueys and Mags to deliver... so I'm stripping those out of the missions for now. Nice thing is that to bring them back is one line of script that is about 4 words long. Easy.
This means most of my missions will be back on the agenda again. These include:
1) Killbox Zulu Romeo: Red forces have staged an amphibious assault north of ANAPA and their forward units have surrounded the base. Aggressive maneuvering and vicious fighting have resulted in them extending beyond the reach of their logistical capabilities and the force is sitting just out of range waiting for fuel and ammo. Blue must intercept the numerous supply convoys attempting to reach the red lines- Meanwhile, if blue choppers can deliver sufficient supplies to ANAPA, blue ground forces there will be reinforced and go on the offensive.
2) Pop Goes the Wartweasel: A powerful criminal enterprise has been tipped off to a planned offensive against their operation in Gali. Large criminally funded elements of Abkhazian military have been positioned to intercept and it is the job of blue to smash a hole in these defensive lines to allow ground forces to move into Gali and sanitize the region. 3 Command posts will move into the area to coordinate the defensive operation, and eliminating these will result in an early retreat... a modern "Highway of Death" scenario.
3) Eastbound and Down: Abkhazia, seeking opportunity in nearby Sochi, mount an offensive to expand their territory to the North. An cooperative Russian / US effort to stamp out this invasion has begun. If the initial Abkhazian advance takes Sochi-Adler airbase, it will be a race to get reinforcements in place. Allied forces must retake Sochi-Adler, while Abkhazian forces will be trying to keep it.
4) Georgia Peach Campaign: A Georgian operation to retake the Republic of Abkhazia under its own flag. Most of the benchmark missions have been tailored to follow the significant movements / developments throughout the campaign while smaller "routine" operations (including night missions where Georgian troops are more mobile) have been developed to add some depth to the scenario. This Campaign will be the feature of future fly-ins and is intended to deliver a dynamic mission experience.
5) E-Day: Another amphibious assault mission- but this time you get a chance to interfere with the landing by intercepting a variety of inbound landing craft. Conditions are dank, and visibility is low. Go too far out to sea and risk being shot down by hidden IR missile defenses- but stay too far inland and there will be no way to thwart the ground invasion. Cooperation between ground commander and his air elements will be crucial to success.
6) Donkey Kong 55: A race between equal forces, red and blue, to reach the summit of DK55. Ground commander dependant, both sides have different but substantial challenges to overcome. Red forces (eastern block equipment) have larger, open ground distances to cover at potentially higher speeds while Blue forces (Western block equipment) have rougher terrain that offers better concealment.
7) More to come!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Crew sent me the offender's entry on his bantables- but I quickly noticed he was already banned in the Firehouse.
UCID and IP was the same but the name was different...
Ironically, SLMOD shows me in my records that this guy was banned by Crew some time ago! lol. It's funny to me.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Eno and I talked about running Thunder Of Kojori this afternoon on The Firehouse. Thunder often crashes between 1-2 hours into it -- as it did last Friday...
I'll get the mission saved under v127Beta and see about running it later today. Eno knows what he's doing with the crash logs so this may help in the long run.
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237 |
Good Morning.. Comrades 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Eh Rider! Christmas eve day sortie? Kind of a neat list of drag coefficients posted by Eddie over at the ED side of things. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1621022&postcount=11BRU-42 TER: 0.74 LAU-117: 0.20 LAU-88: 0.50 DRA+2 LAU-105: 0.23 LAU-131/68: 0.80 SUU-25: 0.98 LITENING ATP: 1.17 MK-82/GBU-38: 0.14 MK-82AIR: 0.38 MK-84/GBU-31: 0.40 BDU-33: 0.02 CBU-87/97/103/105: 1.17 GBU-12: 0.51 GBU-10: 1.46 AIM-9M: 0.40 AGM-65: 0.82 ALQ-131(Deep): 1.18 MXU-648: 0.75 600 Gal Drop Tank: 1.45 It was really my first glimpse at the reality of drag imposed on your aircraft with the ordinance onboard- then of course reading the few books out there on A-10 operations since 91 and seeing how few weapons they brought with them it was no wonder why. As many of you know, my common load (now) is 2 mavs, 4 38s and a rocket pod. That make smy drag coefficient 3. What's the drag on your favourite / most common A-10C load? Wesley? Yes, that one is for you (too). 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237 |
Eh Rider! Christmas eve day sortie? Yep! I got this.. No problem. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
OK, Thunder Of Kojori is running on The Firehouse. Eno, I zipped the previous logs into file 12.24.13.zip.
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Cool thanks Crew- should have been okay anyway if there was no crash.
I'll keep my eye on it- but I'll be out of range from about 7-1030pm (flying home).
If you see something (a crash) I don't just zip the log like you did the last one... I can still get it in the dcs.log.old- but the current log is "better" because it's less to sift through.
thanks guys- enjoy!
Oh yes, and of course merry Christmas! Not sure if I'll see you around tomorrow- but hopefully on the 27th we'll get the gang together.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
~45 minutes into Thunder.
The mission is an early start -- 0600 or so. The A-10C cockpit flood was up all the way and that caused stutters in flight -- I was in an air-start. After I dialed down the cockpit Flood then my frames were OK.
It did take a long time to load.
I can't get my throttle and stick profiles to load from saved files. I can do the load, but can't press the Save Button.
I'll stay with Thunder.
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Thunder lasted for 3+ hours on v127Beta. We had 5(?) or so folks in when it crashed -- various weps were being fired. I'd just fired two Mavs when it froze.
I could not get my HOTAS profiles to load in v127. Also wasn't getting tower responses at Vaziani, but I think that might be a known issue.
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 148
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 148 |
Wesley? Yes, that one is for you (too).  Well since I got the HOTAS, my payload size has shrunk - in relative terms, to the atomic level. Drag wise will average around 6.6 (TGP/LGBx2/CBUx2/MAVx2) I've also stopped carrying the ECM pod - I've found it doesn't jam too well, and activated it often causes a search ping on my RWR to change to track - and yes, they go back to search once I shut the thing off and put a little chaff out. Considering the rarity at which I engage A-A, I've also dropped the AIM-9s. I'll toss em on if I suspect Su-25s or helicopters. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Merry Christmas folks.
Wesley you were sharper than me in your assessment- I forgot about the TGP.
As for the ECM- you're right. It has been described to me by those in the know as "largely placebo." Hence why I don't carry one either. Even the ALQ184- the additional pod available in 1.2.7- doesn't do anything more.
Crew I got your error log and track submitted this morning- I didn't get a chance to last night.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
On another note, 1.2.7 has been updated... and the stress test will feature the update. Please update accordingly 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
|
|
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632 |
did the logs get posted from the crash last night?
HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro, Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133, 2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ., 3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 148
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 148 |
Found a new technique that I've had great success with for night engagements with the gun and CCIP. Using the night vision and TGP - I put the IR pointer on target and align the gun or rocket pipper with the splash from the beam hitting my target and then let loose. It's easy to see the end of the IR beam even without zooming the camera in on the HUD.
I've also been practicing a lot of CCIP rocket/bomb delivery to great success including the Mk82-AIR which prior to getting the Warthog stick I could never use to much effect. Now the bombs physically hit their targets - and then explode!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
did the logs get posted from the crash last night? Crew I got your error log and track submitted this morning- I didn't get a chance to last night.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1955686&postcount=61Yup Though I admit I wasn't entirely clear about it 
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|