|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893 |
What time Einstein? And are there any eagles in that mission? Hogs are fine but I don't ride ponies 
-- 44th VFW
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Eh guys.
I'd like to run with that- sorry that it's short notice but sometimes that's how it works.
I'm posting the range map now with the 476th training range props. It needs to be downloaded and installed as per mentioned on the 476th download page and in the documentation included in the file.
I'm going to lock up the server... password is, as usual: fire safety
No caps...
I've fixed SLMOD so it shouldn't kick anyone for hitting the targets.
I've added a couple of F-15C slots.
I'd go, but I'm on my way back up north in about 5 minutes.
Please make the password for the server available over TS3. Einstein, want to take the reins?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Just a Noob Senior Member
|
|
Just a Noob Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674 |
I'm a family man, so I'll be playing whenever I can safely break free. 7:30pm MST is a typical start time for me.
The station keeping practice missions I have on tap are all Hog, but it's not that hard to change them out to any DCS aircraft (flying formation in the Ka-50 is fun, haven't tried it with the Mi-8 or UH-1H yet).
I don't recall if I've ever flown eno's range map, and certainly haven't flown it since the range prop mod was added, so I have no idea what aircraft are in there.
Eno, with your permission, I'll gladly hand out the server password to anybody who joins us on TS3.
Shoot to Kill. Play to Have Fun.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
All attack aircraft and helicopters are available- A10A/C, SU25/T, the full range of choppers and the P51. Oh yes and as mentioned I added a couple F15s for GG if he wants to come in.
And as mentioned yes- please hand out the password as necessary over TS3... And TS3 should be mandatory but I'll let you guys figure that out on a case by case basis.
I'll also add that distance to target is quite short but you guys know how to navigate around so if you want to go off the beaten path knock yourselves out!
Oh and obviously guys are welcome to join whenever- but you can expect Einstein at 730pm MST (provided he's not dealing with family stuff!)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
GG, me thinks you don't know the difference between a pony and a draft horse. dalwhHHHIIIINNIiiieeee  The Bridge mission is up that has slots for eight F-15Cs. It also has eight Red Client Su-27s so beware. I'll hang out in TS...  WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
I'm back up north again now for the first time in 3 weeks. Ugh.
Anyway, a brief look into the firehouse shows Einstein is in there with Wheel, Gordo, Kevin (not sure if I know who that is) and Bast.
I'm surprised Fridge isn't in there- he LOVES the formation stuff and I have the video to prove it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237 |
First post with my new rig! It is a beautiful. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Get in there and fly! Plenty of time to show off the new gear in here later. Time to put it to work.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Just a Noob Senior Member
|
|
Just a Noob Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674 |
Wow, great time tonight at the range. Gordo and I plinked a little on the range with Bast watching in his Ka-50 (he kept wondering WTF me and Gordo were doing until we told him that he had to install the 476th range items mod to see the same targets we were seeing. Ran out of ammo so decided to buzz the Shark a few times and ended up in a semi-spontaneous formation flight. I didn't take any screen shots, but the formation was pretty sweet, for our gang.
I was lead, flying my C-Hog at 140 KIAS so Bast could fly on my wing without having to experience <dunh dunh dunh!>Intersecting Cones of Death!!! Gordo joined our mismatch in his A-10C, as well as Airborneguy [thanks, Gordo!] in his A-10C. At some point we all heard a really big flapping noise and there was Wheel lumbering up in his monstrous Mi-8 trying to join in on the fun. Even after backing the speed off to 130 kts, he still had a heck of a time keeping his flying bus up with us, so I ended up dropping the formation down to 800 ft MSL (treetop level for you F-15 drivers, just below the clouds for you helo drivers). Needless to say things got a little tense that low and slow. All them whirlybirds in the air flinging their lead-lag hinges and swash plates and dissymmetry of lifts all over the place added a bit to the excitement.
Airborneguy couldn't handle the slow and ended up taking a big ol' bite of dirt sandwich but Gordo, Wheel, Bast, and I made it back to Anapa with nary a scratch. Bast and Wheel peeled off to land their whirlygigs while Gordo and I *finally* got to open the throttles up for some speed to put some wind in our hair. We cruised out to 15 NMi DME, turned back in for a pretty overhead break at about 300 KIAS. Oh yeah we did.
Wheel congratulated Gordo and I on our spectacular performance by hosing the tarmac with bright red tracers from his four gunpods and there was much rejoicing by all. So much that Bast became a smoking crater which was all the more weird because I could have sworn he had already landed.
Big thanks to all who participated in the impromptu formation flight - it may not have been by the book, but it was clean and fun and I had a good time.
Who's leading the next one?
Last edited by EinsteinEP; 12/18/13 02:35 PM. Reason: Airborneguy's handle
Shoot to Kill. Play to Have Fun.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 169
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 169 |
Eno: Player Kevin is Airborneguy handle on SimHQ TS; he's been in TS the last few days learning the ropes i.e. training missions etc. So he did pretty well to get it off the ground and into a formation slot...just before he collided with terra-firma.
@Einstein/Bast/Wheel: Fun times in that formation! Was good fun going low and slow with the Helo guys; pretty sure Wheel took some happy snaps so he might have some good ones to show off?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Glad you guys had a good time- wish I'd been there. I think the guy you're talking about was Airborneguy- I think you suggested to him in another thread to give us a try... sounds like he's good with direction! How'd the locked server feel to everyone? Was it a shame no transients came in to join in the fun- and I really don't mean that sarcastically although I think it's impossible not to sound such. As you all likely know or sense by now I'll be locking it up in the new year or 1.2.7... whichever comes first. Crew has told me he'll leave his doors open. I don't think it's that big a deal... but I think it's fair to mention that TS3 will be a mandatory requirement as well. @ Gordo... Check this thread out if you don't mind... are you (or anyone else I suppose) aware of this concept applied in DCS? http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117716And oh yes, Kevin! Okay, that was the guy you told me about yesterday... so soon one forgets! Welcome to the group Kevin aka Airborneguy
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237 |
OK I think I might be able to fly the SU online tomorrow. All the hardware is up and I was able to take the SU up for a spin. Yes I have everything maxed out  I am completely amazed and impressed so far. Back to configuring controls ...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 169
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 169 |
@Eno: Rover would indeed be great. Was actually talking about it to a few guys while on DCS earlier this week i.e. how awesome it'd be to have a Rover feed so you could downlink a TGP feed. Useful to confirm what the aircraft is looking at is your intended target and also for talk on i.e. move your pod to the north along that road to to the large white building...see just near the base of that is an infantry squad etc... Funnily enough it's easier to do JTAC at night; the IR Beam from the JTAC and the Litening Pods IR Beam is a pretty handy tool to use together for finding and verifying targets as well. Another cool item for future enhancement could be digital CAS: Firestorm Rosetta Joint Fires
Last edited by Gordo_Viper; 12/18/13 07:29 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 13
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 13 |
Hi Guys: I am new to the A10C and loving it so far. I have made a few kills and learns some basics and even nailed a couple of landings. I know that seat time is all good but is there anyone out there that enjoys teaching a dedicated student?
Fast learner and love to train.
If anyone could help get me to the truly co-operative level I would really appreciate it. My situational awareness leaves much to be desired right now.
Thanks for reading!
Rondor1 (Noob)
Bryer(Patch) DCS A10C dirtmover.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Just a Noob Senior Member
|
|
Just a Noob Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674 |
I know that seat time is all good but is there anyone out there that enjoys teaching a dedicated student? There's no shortage of opinions here, Rondor. Plenty of folks will be only too happy to walk you through the A-10C. Log onto the SimHQ TS3 server ( http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3137414.html) and look for folks in the DCS World channels. If you look in the DCS World multiplayer server list, the two common servers discussed in this thread are Wrecking Crew's "Hollo Pointe", and "Eno's Firehouse". Come on in!
Shoot to Kill. Play to Have Fun.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 13
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 13 |
Thanks, EinsteinEP! I will definitely come in real soon.
Be well!
Bryer(Patch) DCS A10C dirtmover.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893 |
Sorry I wasn't able to join you guys last night, but events conspired to make the timing not work out.
@Rondor1, SA comes from very careful mission planning, including your contingencies - ALL of them - and seat time. Practice at flying helps you NOT LOSE SA because you're not concentrating on flying, but it does not create SA. A good instructor will help you learn to fly and do all the standard stuff without having to think hard about it, eventually.
There's no way around that.
PS: Having said that, don't be discouraged - that's not how I mean it. As long as you are having fun and you feel you are improving and reaching the level you want to reach, that's what counts.
Last edited by GrayGhost; 12/18/13 03:07 PM.
-- 44th VFW
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 237 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 13
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 13 |
I fully understand the curve on this sim is very steep. This is not one where a few hours will get you set. I am definitely improving but each system must become second nature in order to feel truly competent in the aircraft. No doubt, this will require time and effort.
Having fun is automatic :-)
@Rondor1, SA comes from very careful mission planning, including your contingencies - ALL of them - and seat time. Practice at flying helps you NOT LOSE SA because you're not concentrating on flying, but it does not create SA. A good instructor will help you learn to fly and do all the standard stuff without having to think hard about it, eventually.
There's no way around that.
PS: Having said that, don't be discouraged - that's not how I mean it. As long as you are having fun and you feel you are improving and reaching the level you want to reach, that's what counts. [/quote]
Bryer(Patch) DCS A10C dirtmover.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
|
|
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632 |
is either SimHQ Server being updated to 1.2.7 Beta?
Since we have a fairly decent bunch, it'd only benefit the 1.2.7 Beta testing to have SimHQ members take part.
HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro, Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133, 2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ., 3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|