SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Freiherr_Wulff #3872680 12/06/13 09:13 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 204
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 204
Originally Posted By: Freiherr_Wulff
Did the devs ( santa ) send him a version of WOFF ?


I did find myself wondering whether WOFF might contain german and french equivalents of the 'contact!' sequence, and whether they might consult Olham for a german version.

Last edited by Wayfarer; 12/06/13 09:13 PM.
Wodin #3872687 12/06/13 09:25 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,559
Likes: 20
JFM Offline
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,559
Likes: 20
Originally Posted By: Wodin


Any single player simmer NEEDS this game..as it;s going to be even better than OFF P3 means it will be amazing.



I'm with you. My take is WOFF will be to OFF P3 as OFF P1 was to CFS3. Hellshade?

JFM #3872694 12/06/13 09:33 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes: 20
H
Hellshade
Senior Member
Hellshade
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,547
Likes: 20
Originally Posted By: JFM
I'm with you. My take is WOFF will be to OFF P3 as OFF P1 was to CFS3. Hellshade?


WOFF will be to P3 what solid fuel rockets were to the wright brothers invention. Both made it off the ground, but after that, there really isn't much comparison.

WOFF isn't a patch or improvement of OFF. It's a complete re-write from the ground up. I can appreciate that you would think I am exaggerating but once you climb into the virtual cockpit for yourself, bit by bit you will begin to see what I mean.


Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

Winding Man #3872708 12/06/13 09:58 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 110
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 110
HPW reporting for duty. Salute!

Winding Man #3872719 12/06/13 10:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
The Canuck is here also! Whew! so many OFF/WOFF forum links to keep check on!! duh


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Winding Man #3872776 12/07/13 12:22 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 770
and I thought I was obsessed!!!!

Beanie #3872783 12/07/13 12:51 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 864
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 864
Originally Posted By: Beanie
JFM - do you realise that we beat Olham!! Mahaaaahaaa!

Have you checked your six lately?


In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
Winding Man #3872784 12/07/13 12:53 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,094
Likes: 18
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,094
Likes: 18
Adger checking in yep


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Hauksbee #3872787 12/07/13 01:20 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Originally Posted By: Hauksbee
Originally Posted By: Beanie
JFM - do you realise that we beat Olham!! Mahaaaahaaa!

Have you checked your six lately?


Ah from what I can see on a thread on the old site, Olham is in the repair shop trying new wind screens on his Alb so he can get a better view from your six!!


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Winding Man #3872802 12/07/13 02:29 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,559
Likes: 20
JFM Offline
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,559
Likes: 20
"Have you checked your six lately?"

Olham wouldn't dare shoot down a fellow Albatros Flieger!


"WOFF will be to P3 what solid fuel rockets were to the wright brothers invention. "

Man!

Winding Man #3872818 12/07/13 04:06 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 223
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 223
readyI'm Ready!

Winding Man #3872926 12/07/13 01:22 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
What? Who? Me??
Sorry, guys, I must have been sleeping (Stretch! Yawn!!! Scratch!!!)
Coffee! I can smell coffee! Can I have one, please?

What? Oh, yes, aerhhh... welcome everybody!
I know they call our Staffel a Circus, because we always move -
but I'll never get used to it. Where are we now???

Okay, okay - some of you guys beat me with this.
But no-one beat with the sleeping time this night: I have slept for
10 hours, like a baby. Needed that!
When I look out and see the permanent translucent German December grey
I could actually sleep until the end of April.
Ah, the coffee ... !

Last edited by Olham; 12/07/13 01:24 PM.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Winding Man #3872935 12/07/13 01:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 282
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 282
So when he arrives, are we supposed to make him sit in the corner then?

and make him eat crumpets!!

Glad you could finally make it on parade Olham. Sleep is no excuse - double helpings of crumpets for you!


'Der Fuchs'

BOC Member
'BWOC BWOC BWOC'
Winding Man #3872964 12/07/13 03:22 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 585
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 585
So this must be are new dig's? Once again transfer orders are cut, leave time attached, and off we go.
I hope this place is still the great bunch of folks we shared space with in the past several years. I always feel kind words and good attitudes here. So many other sites are not so, and seem to be infested with the
few posters that live only to post, and mostly nasty snips that are not helpfull to the cause.

Olham, fly your kite over to our winter dig's in Arizona and I'll treat you to some Elk steak and warmer
weather. You will need SPF 50 or better ( better buy that here, I doubt if they have that where you live).

Buy the way, put me down for an extra $100 on top of the price of WOFF -- you guys have earned it.

CW3SF AKA CW3SF1937 & SNAKE1937 in and around SimHQ


Origin made- silverstone case,ASUS Max VI Extreme , CPU intel Core i7 4770k, cooling asotex 570LC, NVIDA 3G GTX 780 Ti , Mem 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 ,game drive 120GB INTEL X25 SS, OS drive 1TB, Win 7 home Prem.Logitech G105 key board,BenQ XL2430 Gaming Monitor.
All pilots owe me a beer. Retired USAF Rescue/Survival, Special Forces, and MI (after I got old and grey).
Winding Man #3872997 12/07/13 04:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,559
Likes: 20
JFM Offline
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,559
Likes: 20
New digs indeed. Some CA guys dislike the effort to click over here--fair enough--but this is the--wait, The Offical WOFF forum, so this is where I'll be. Nice to be in on the ground floor.

CW3SF #3873024 12/07/13 05:29 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
Originally Posted By: CW3SF
Olham, fly your kite over to our winter dig's in Arizona and I'll treat you
to some Elk steak and warmer weather. You will need SPF 50 or better...

Thank you, CW3SF - yeah, some sun should be nice.
The winter grey really struck me down today.
I must do some jogging tomorrow (though I don't feel like...)

What is SPF 50 ?

EDIT: Ah, could that mean "sun protection factor 50" ?

Last edited by Olham; 12/07/13 05:30 PM.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Olham #3873034 12/07/13 05:52 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Originally Posted By: Olham
Originally Posted By: CW3SF
Olham, fly your kite over to our winter dig's in Arizona and I'll treat you
to some Elk steak and warmer weather. You will need SPF 50 or better...

Thank you, CW3SF - yeah, some sun should be nice.
The winter grey really struck me down today.
I must do some jogging tomorrow (though I don't feel like...)

What is SPF 50 ?

EDIT: Ah, could that mean "sun protection factor 50" ?


Yes Olham SPF (Some Protection For) 50 (people over 50 years old) biggrin


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Winding Man #3873118 12/07/13 09:09 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,485
Likes: 3
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,485
Likes: 3
Okay, I don't get why there there had to be a new forum set up for this.


Service To The Line,
On The Line,
On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.
Winding Man #3873420 12/08/13 06:09 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Magee:

Probably because OFF will still continue as a viable sim, and this way they can keep tech issues separate. Not everyone will upgrade as quickly as those who wait here with kids-on-Christmas-morning anticipation!

Blast it. I missed beating Olham in, and by a considerable margin. I was in here the other day and didn't even notice it.

But I can't post as much (not that I ever overwhelmed either forum) as I now have a senior position at work, and it wouldn't look good to have me slipping off to non-work related sites. and I'm busy in both worlds - sometimes I don't know whether I've found a rope, or lost my horse! And I met myself coming around a corner the other day...

Wondering how I can afford to jump from a GTX 580 to a GTX 780... I wanna go sliders to the max!

Now, off to view Hellshade's videos!

Merry Christmas to all! And to all a good flight!

Tom


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Robert_Wiggins #3873543 12/08/13 10:58 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
O
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
Yes Olham SPF (Some Protection For) 50 (people over 50 years old) biggrin

Hehehe! Protection for the people over 50? Huh!
I don't need no protection (except against taxmen perhaps)!
I have my twin Spandaus!!
Mwahahahaaa!!!


Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,953 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1