SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 7 of 37 1 2 … 5 6 7 8 9 … 36 37
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted By: XIII
I think that many people do not install it because fear" rc" string.If see a clean 1.15.2 will be more testers.


Can we call it 'beta' or something then? I just don't want it to be announced as a new release, then lots of people who haven't yet tried it, start using it and find more issues than the limited number of people that have already tried it.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
of course it's beta yet, real RC will be when I make proper patch with installator. I'm just didn't think about it from the beginning.
and of course it should be properly tested, but who tells it will be last 1.15 minor release? everything can be fixed in future patches. limit of minor versions is 127. we will have 125 more attempts to fix my bugs =)

Last edited by thealx; 11/19/13 03:04 PM.
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted By: thealx
of course it's beta yet, real RC will be when I will proper patch with installator. I'm just didn't think about it from the beginning.
and of course it should be properly tested, but who tells it will be last 1.15 minor release? everything can be fixed in future patches. limit of minor versions is 127. we will have 125 more attempts to fix my bugs =)


Well that brings me on to another thought. Perhaps this should be 1.16 when it is released, as there are a lot of significant changes in it.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 284
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 284
Can you add eyefinity suport ? maybe multiple viewports to get over that old resolution limit ? Just wish.


Thanks.


I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
maybe it's possible, but I think fps drop will be huge. it's too complicated for me right now anyway.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 48
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 48
sorry for stepping in smile
what do you mean with "resolution limit"? a long time ago I tried installing it on my rig, but I was unable to set res=1920*1080 (full hd). the highest resolution I could choose was 1600*something
(I do not remember details, I am going to reinstall sometime soon and let you ppl know if any1 is interested)

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Originally Posted By: Haukka81
Can you add eyefinity suport ? maybe multiple viewports to get over that old resolution limit ? Just wish.


Thanks.


What is this eyefinity support?

Thanks!

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
gr1mR36p3r, dx7 limit is 2048x1536. fullhd res was added in eech later.

ColJamesD


Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 48
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 48
kk thanx for reply smile
ps. who is the fortunate owner of this multi monitor config smile ??

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
have no idea, found it in google

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Imo is a lot more important things than Eyefinity,from which will be used ~3 people.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
**- New detailed reflection images for different seasons (desert, winter, summer rocks/forest/jungle)

It's a great idea, I thought about something like :)But ... Are these large textures are not too big?This question layman and curiosity only , I do not know how this affects performance.I understand that this is not a big impact on performance, and only increase loading of large textures?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
I understand that this is not a big impact on performance, and only increase loading of large textures

it's not shaders, definition doesn't affect performance. it's just increase amount of memory, used by game.

Last edited by thealx; 11/21/13 03:21 AM.
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 284
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 284
Originally Posted By: XIII
Imo is a lot more important things than Eyefinity,from which will be used ~3 people.



My homepit screams for eyefinity suport http://postimg.org/image/jhgieok35/


There is way more multimonitor users than you belive, why should we stay past and old tech because some 1 or 2 poor people cant afford better systems .. ??


I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Because more important is a better flight model, the shadows in the cockpit lighting at night, and many other better things?That's my opinion, thealx decides what he was doing, and doing amazing things. Let him decide what he does.
Btw i too have 3 monitors in home, and do not feel the need to triple screen.

Last edited by XIII; 11/21/13 12:34 PM.
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Originally Posted By: ColJamesD
What is that red arrow that appears for a second or two when I launch a rocket or missile?



If I download this now, is that still there?

I see last time you edited the original thread was yesterday.

Therefore I am wondering if the download files are a newer version without the red arrow.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,388
It will be disabled in RC3

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Hy everyone, thanks to thealx for the job,i really like it and the air diffusers made by XIII, should be possible add them on the mi-24 and ah64d?





Last edited by SKIP2008; 11/22/13 04:29 PM.
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
I wanted write to thealx, that also fits for mi24 wink It's really good addition yep Thealx if you want send me lwo to mi24, I'll do it.

Page 7 of 37 1 2 … 5 6 7 8 9 … 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,721 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1