SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 … 36 37
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
You do all installations 1.15,� at the end unpack this mod.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
I registered eechcentral.info a while ago, and at the moment it's pointing to eecentral.simhq. But I think I'm going to create a file upload site for EECH files like these. There is a SimHQ download site, but only a few have access to upload and GUOD needs to transfer the files to the public site manually.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
Wow! This is great. I just had a very quick play with it, but I like the rotor animation a lot. I like the suspension as well. Driving around on the ground in the Hind looks good, when you steer and you see the aircraft lurch, and then bounce on the front wheel when you brake. The only think I did notice in the Hind is the front wheel didn't seem to steer properly. Is it meant to?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Online: Smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386

you mean it doesn't look like this? or something else

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
No, it looks ok. It's just that I thought when you yaw while moving forward, the wheel would steer in the direction of the turn. But it either didn't look to be steering, or sometimes in the opposite direction (like the way the Apache tail wheel turns when the aircraft turns). I'll try and have a closer look, as it might just have been the angle I was viewing it from.

There also seemed to be a lot of 'hopping' of the aircraft when they were on the ground. I know this was a reported bug from a long time ago, but seems to be worse now (or perhaps just my perception of it).

Would it be possible to also have the UH-60 tail wheel steer? Although this is something I could probably do with my Blackhawk project.

Overall though, a great update.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Online: Smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
looks like you are first dissatisfied customer)) my plan was easy - make possible to create/edit suspension without code editing and free some space for other modders. technical errors are everywhere - in models, undercarriage, even suspension dynamics - I just can't spent too much time with it. my luck Mi-17 has similar nose wheel like Hind so I will just clone it.
and I will add source files of objects and scenes in the repository. it was really hard to sort things after conversion, I'm sure it will save someone's time in future.
UH-60's tail wheel I will finish too, it's really simple.

about unstable behavior of suspension dynamics like sudden jumping - it was a real trouble with huge helicopters, like Mi-6 and CH-47 (mostly because of wrong center of gravity). actually it still a trouble, even after increasing accuracy of calculations. but I never notice it for other helis, are you talking about Mi-24? or you just saying that suspension doesn't feel like real?

Last edited by thealx; 10/29/13 02:40 PM.
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted By: thealx
looks like you are first dissatisfied customer)) my plan was easy - make possible to create/edit suspension without code editing and free some space for other modders. technical errors are everywhere - in models, undercarriage, even suspension dynamics - I just can't spent too much time with it. my luck Mi-17 has similar nose wheel like Hind so I will just clone it.
and I will add source files of objects and scenes in the repository. it was really hard to sort things after conversion, I'm sure it will save someone's time in future.
UH-60's tail wheel I will finish too, it's really simple.

about unstable behavior of suspension dynamics like sudden jumping - it was a real trouble with huge helicopters, like Mi-6 and CH-47 (mostly because of wrong center of gravity). actually it still a trouble, even after increasing accuracy of calculations. but I never notice it for other helis, are you talking about Mi-24? or you just saying that suspension doesn't feel like real?


Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissatisfied, just being picky. It really is great work, and a great improvement to the game.

The suspension does feel real. It's when the aircraft are static on the pad they seem to bounce a bit. I've noticed in the game before your update as well, so it's maybe not related to your changes.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Online: Smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
when the aircraft are static on the pad they seem to bounce a bit

you are right, notice this thing long time ago but forgot already. will try to fix it.

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 172
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 172
I still need to do the 'careless wingman' thing but otherwise no problems except...

Related to the Mi-24 canopy opening if entering mid-flight, different helis have similar trouble and switch to 'landed mode', i.e. rotor brake as well, but not every time.

Nice work on the animated rotors - the ones for the Mi-6 and Mi-17 look good but seem 'slow' to look at which might be technically right (or possibly my graphics cards) but seems a bit odd, maybe it would be visually better to have them going the same speed as e.g. the Mi-24?

A quick adjustment of the nose wheel suspension seemed to stop the Mi-17 hopping and reduce the problem in the Mi-6 to mostly just 'shaking' but I think I need to adjust something else too since they still wobble their way off the landing pad (but only ever when occupied).
Reducing nose wheel spring stiffness by 1 (and also increasing compression on the Mi-6 by 0.1) but I haven't done proper testing except just looking to see what bounces and what doesn't and only before take-off.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Online: Smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
mi-6 has really slow rotor - it's only 120 rpm, 2 spins per second, mi-17 about 3. Not sure about increasing real values. Isn't it illegal? =)

I found the reason of small shaking when all engines are turned off - it's some secondary forces like tail and main rotor moments that worked when they don't suppose to. Not sure why it became noticeable just now, I didn't make much changes in dynamic forces.

It's great that you have some success with undercarriage, because all my tryings to make it better end with worst result.

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 172
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 172
Originally Posted By: thealx
Isn't it illegal? =)

Maybe but I won't tell anyone wink

Quote:
... some secondary forces like tail and main rotor moments that worked when they don't suppose to. Not sure why it became noticeable just now, I didn't make much changes in dynamic forces.

It's that pesky butterfly doing its wing-flapping thing!

Quote:
It's great that you have some success with undercarriage, because all my tryings to make it better end with worst result.

This was after I realised that I had mis-read the file and given the helis some very springy tails instead.
I can try a few more tweaks and proper testing because what seems fine before take off might just make landings more interesting than they are supposed to be...
I can post specific details once I am sure it doesn't break everything.

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 422
Great job thealx, well done, thanks a lot.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
All new helicopters to a level close to DCS.Maybe little increase windows reflection, and reduce transparency?
Too little visible� I have a feeling.Is NOT complaining wink

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Online: Smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Originally Posted By: Doctor_Wibble
Maybe but I won't tell anyone

I will make a decision after considering of all risks.

Originally Posted By: SKIP2008
Great job thealx, well done, thanks a lot.

thanks. still have a lot of problems but I hope everything will be solved.

Originally Posted By: XIII
Maybe little increase windows reflection, and reduce transparency?

ok, why not.

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 172
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 172
After a lot of sitting and watching...
I realised why the rotor speed 'felt' wrong on the Mi-17 - it looks much slower, but the sound is the same as faster ones - it doesn't seem right that the graceful twirling is not matched by a gentle 'swish', so the fix could instead be a different sound?

Suspension - tweaks not perfect but as long as you don't sit waiting 10 minutes for take-off you should be OK.
Mi-6 nose wheel : max_spring_compression=0.325 , spring_stiffness=2
Mi-17 nose wheel : spring_stiffness=2 , no change to compression
I can still take off and land OK in them so maybe this is enough and other values don't need to be changed?

The Mi-28 seems to have a bit of a hop on the tail wheel but this didn't look like it was too bad. I might try changing its compression value (up by 0.1) to see what that does.
Edit: seems to improve it, Mi-28 tail wheel : max_spring_compression=0.26


Last edited by Doctor_Wibble; 11/01/13 01:38 AM. Reason: confirming
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
In apache cockpit, when I damage rotor, landing, show message "rotor repair %" rotor repaired, all repaired, BUT in top right mfd is still- rotor damaged. On left/right mfd all ok, but top mfd need fix.
In viper(with new cockpit)� the entire underside is white (without texture?)
Btw great damage the rotor, sometimes very difficult to landing , sometimes easy yep It's all random, sometimes spins strongly one side.

Last edited by XIII; 10/31/13 11:53 PM.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Online: Smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
viper(with new cockpit) the entire underside is white

side effect of the convertation. will fix models last
Quote:
BUT in top right mfd is still- rotor damagedBUT in top right mfd is still- rotor damaged

thanks, will look at it.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Online: Smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
XIII, I'm not sure but I think last message not suppose to disappear.

Doctor_Wibble, indeed there is was problem with mi-17 RPM. Because of mistake in heli's scene rpm was three times less, now it's much better. not sure about sounds, not planned to do this sort of changes but I will if it will be necessary.

only several things to do are left, after finishing I will update all files. but it still will be for testing purpose - I have some modeling work while you are testing.

wingman1387, if you don't mind I will leave map entities control problem for the near future. I will add Magitek's mods anyway, it will be appropriate to make together.

Last edited by thealx; 11/01/13 07:16 PM.
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Offline
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 808
Here you can see the rotor.Nice video.


Last edited by XIII; 11/01/13 08:21 PM.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Online: Smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
links for 1.15.2rc1 can be found on the first page - bugs fixed mostly, some suspension improvements.

Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 … 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,155 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1