|
|
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239 |
ok tempus/blooze/mace i got the ts over lay working guys thanks 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Okay- applied those changes I mentioned. Skoop- sorry man. Because I already had the coalitions set there are no other friendly countries that run the SU27... Other suggestions?
I added more messages, AI defenders for the bases, the bombers, the incoming fighters.
I also added some victory conditions so the mission can end- to be quite honest I can see this one going either way... certainly not going to be a sure thing.
I need to load it into the mission editor on the server and there are people in there now doing Full Throttle- kind of a training mission that turns ugly if enough people get in there.
I'm on my last night shift tonight so one more sleep and I head home. Sure glad I got this mission out there- I think it'll turn out great with a bit of tweaking! Thanks again guys.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199 |
^ Not sure what you have the coalitions set at or if you can change them at this point.
After peeking in the ME, Ideally the SU-33 would be first choice, but that's Russian coalition only.
You can make Ukraine blue to get an SU-27 or a Mig-29S.
Or, Add Germany as a blue coalition to get the East German Mig-29Gs but they can only carry unguided ground attack rockets.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700 |
AFAIK you can't change the coalitions after the initial setup screen in the editor, which is rather silly.
Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds. Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
A couple of evenings ago I'd finished up all the mission edits... Did notice that while on vacation the Hollo Pointe server had Pirates going the whole time. So I changed all the Load Mission triggers to step through each mission - in alphabetical order. (The S'pain campaign missions are not in this scheme since they load the next campaign mission.) I kicked it off with Nuke Plant. Got into the mission and - too late - remembered the MiG-29s... Started up again, and a few others joined me. The TORs were just thick like flies and drawing blood wherever they went. I popped off a Mav at one of them and some of the guys watched the TOR knock it out of the sky. We had a gaggle of A-10Cs, and a few helicopters doing a great job on the deck, but the TORs were just too much. Nuke Plant is getting an extreme make-over right after I finish this post.  We moved on to eau-de-Persa and had a great three hour mission -- we did not finish it, which leaves me to think how it can be improved. I played a Red Ground Commander and ended up giving clues to the Blues as to where to find the enemy. It was getting late for a work night and we all wanted to see the mission conclude, but it was not to be. This is the Red Commander's view of the map, with the Blue Farps at the Red Bullseye -  Last night I made a TS comment re Combined Arms - it's like a big chess game. I spent maybe 5% of my time in a vehicle, popping smoke and flares and stuff. The other 95%, I was busy setting paths for my Red assault forces, and watching the battles with the Blue Warthogs and Hueys. Anyway, still more editing to do. Nuke Plant would be done but for the DCS World version change that allows TORs to shoot down Mavs. It's just an on-going process.  --- Flying through the high mountain peaks at the entry point for Nuke Plant A-10C Air Starts, I did have a thought for a new high-altitude mission.. then again, I'm already having ideas for the new Nevada terrain. I may need an intervention. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
AFAIK you can't change the coalitions after the initial setup screen in the editor, which is rather silly. Well, you can, I've been told that the mission file can be edited to switch the coalitions. But I do not entertain the idea. It could really mess up the different Group make-ups. For instance, if I switch the coalition of a group then all of its units will revert to some base unit. A coalition can prolly be added. WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Yeah I'd been looking up how to do that but it's not as easy as just going into the coalition settings in the mission lua file and changing that- If I remember correctly then you have to go back to each unit in that coalition in that file and change that individually for each vehicle. Perhaps I read it wrong. Unfortunately that's not something I'm prepared to do either- They'll just have to hurry up and finish F-18C I guess! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Just a Noob Senior Member
|
|
Just a Noob Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674 |
Fun stuff tonight! Again, would have liked to done some more coordinated ops, but it's always nice to fly at the Firehouse!
Mol/Peally - later, after you guys left, my machine started having the same stuttering - but I really don't think it was related to the action in the SIM but rather the scene generation on my client. Memory leak or inefficient caching or something like that. Might be related to the mission as well, really hard to tell without more data.
Hope to see you all next Tuesday!
Last edited by EinsteinEP; 06/26/13 04:05 AM.
Shoot to Kill. Play to Have Fun.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3 |
just wanted to say hi all!, ill be spending a lot of time on the server. and thanks for the convo EinsteinEP sorry i logged off so quick.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Eh Sarge- I saw you come in via the logs as I was reading through the recent exploits in E-Day. Glad to have you onboard! Perhaps I'll bump into you in TS3 at some time soon.
I did see a few things that caused me concern in the mission- I'm not sure why Senaki is taking fire so quickly... I'm going to verify whether or not a group has spawned prematurely- You should have at least an hour before any big assault happens. That gives everyone a chance to scope out the landing zones and prepare for the assault.
Again, more feedback will be welcomed!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401 |
Eno the ground units appear at senaki within 30 minutes or so of the mission.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Thanks mol. That should be easy enough to run down.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700 |
That being said, despite it getting hammered right away at least the mission was a hell of a lot more dynamic last night. No more trolling the seas for fat targets, we had up to 15 aircraft in flight last night and still didn't take Senaki back by the time I left.
Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds. Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
That sounds MUCH more like what I intended. I'm wondering if the fighters made their way into the fray at some point- the red fighters that is?
I'd still like a bit more lead time on the senaki action... so I'm interested to look into it. Going to do that now, actually!
Sarge is in there doing Frank the Tanked V2 right now. IT's a good training mission.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700 |
I can't remember any fighters trying to take off there, but between my darn computer's issues I do recall there eventually being hips taxiing down there. I remember their lights being on and trying to bomb the suckers. There was a LOT of enemy helicopters parked at the field once they took it.
At various points we had single Huey/F-15 strafing runs being our only offense at Senaki, but I doubt any enemy aircraft were sneaky enough to take off without detection and not shoot at anyone.
Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds. Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
The fighters don't sneak in or just start taking off from the field... whichever it is- there is an announcement that because the enemy has occupied an airbase for more than 30 minutes, enemy fighters are coming in from various areas- depends on the airbase that gets overrun.
I've also just noticed that a blue victory condition exists right from the start- not sure about that. I got stuck into trying to figure out why that happens and frankly I'm left scratching my head.
I'm about to get back on a plane but I'm going to suggest you leave E-Day off the docket for a bit. At least until I can run down this problem.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700 |
Ah gotchya. We never got any messages mentioning fighters AFAIK. The only ones I remember seeing were the ones about helicopters on approach.
Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds. Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401 |
Yeah... There were alot of helicopters... Thats about the time my frames started getting killed.
I was right in the fray duking it out with a Hip when all of a sudden between frames an F-15 appeared... and riddled me with 20 mm... Poor Bast thought he was bagging an MI-8 lol... Killed my Pilot, Door Gunner, Crews Chief, but my Co Pilot was spared. He managed to run the gontlet getting away from Senaki and avoid the KA-50 Rockets being shot by someone not on TS and was getting ready to land at the Farp when he inadvertantly got into a vortex ring and piled it up.
Up until the MI-8s appeared the frame rates weren't too bad... an occasional pause for 5 seconds or so but not bad.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Okay well right now I have the choppers coming in 3s... perhaps that is too much given the current graphical restraints on some machines (cough mol cough).
Functionally I don't mind cutting that down if it'll help reduce the clutter and stress- regardless of machine... the way it works even the heavies get dragged down. I wanted to give the group a chance to make it... but if recent changes help draw focus away from the ocean then maybe they don't need all the help.
I never intended the MI8s to go to Senaki but I guess they'll go to the nearest airbase if there is no alternative and that isn't bad, actually.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401 |
... perhaps that is too much given the current graphical restraints on some machines (cough mol cough). Don't let me spoil the fun... It was actualy quite fun trying to shoot them down using the Mini's and the flex site... more difficult than it looks. and you are right I am graphically challenged. Hopefully in a few months fresh technology will swing my way.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|