SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3777096 05/03/13 07:30 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
I thought I'd create a combined topic as opposed to the multitude of DCS related threads that are out there. It's a bit redundant having to wade through so many of the exact same topic. If you wish, post your DCS screens here.







Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

DetCord #3777163 05/03/13 10:52 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
That last shot is great!


Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
DetCord #3777217 05/04/13 01:34 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Kinda pure luck getting that one. These here were more planned, positioned, and executed.





Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
DetCord #3777414 05/04/13 04:16 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,204
D
crash-professional
Member
crash-professional
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,204
that really looks good

DetCord #3777621 05/05/13 03:03 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Great shots, Det!


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
DetCord #3777761 05/05/13 02:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Nice shots Det.. I'm really enjoying flying this Huey..(so much better than the Mustang I have to say..)



BeachAV8R



DetCord #3777816 05/05/13 05:29 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Vortex Ring State...




DetCord #3777849 05/05/13 06:52 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Can.....not.......resist......must buy

I had the pleasure of being plucked off mountain sides with this lovely aircraft. Oil exploration

BeachAV8R #3777910 05/05/13 08:42 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted By: BeachAV8R


Ah, my beloved VRS! How I've missed thee...


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
BeachAV8R #3777950 05/05/13 10:57 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Originally Posted By: BeachAV8R
Nice shots Det.. I'm really enjoying flying this Huey..(so much better than the Mustang I have to say..)



BeachAV8R


That's just awesome right there!


Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
DetCord #3777968 05/06/13 12:12 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Let's not stay here too long.. biggrin



BeachAV8R



DetCord #3777971 05/06/13 12:22 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,699
N
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,699
I do believe the XO would have the DCA and Engineer's heads on platters for the complete and utter lack of response by the Flying Squad and Repair 5 to a fire of such magnitude and scope. Might also affect the CO's chances of keeping his command. wink


" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
DetCord #3777975 05/06/13 12:27 AM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
Damn it is getting hard to resist pulling the trigger on this one. PLEASE STOP posting all these amazing screenshots of the Huey. hahaha


Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan
Paul Rix #3777997 05/06/13 01:24 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
A
Check out my
Senior Member
Check out my
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Originally Posted By: Paul Rix
Damn it is getting hard to resist pulling the trigger on this one. PLEASE STOP posting all these amazing screenshots of the Huey. hahaha




My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION


DetCord #3778981 05/07/13 11:17 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,284
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,284
It's landed!



Although I think that it was a bit of a white knuckle ride, and there should have been a fire engine chasing me around waiting for the [apparently not] inevitable crash! It's a tricky bird to handle, but satisfying. More of a miracle, this landing was done after a bit of damage. I don't think anything important was hit though.

Just for comparison, this was my first landing that didn't end in an explosion:


DetCord #3778984 05/07/13 11:23 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
I see that DCS is getting the BD-5J.

This thing is all over the place.

DetCord #3778985 05/07/13 11:25 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,699
N
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,699
I'm pretty sure that's being done with flight demonstration teams in mind. Kinda like the Hawk- not what you would call a combat-capable aircraft, but they'll be a boon for flight teams at VFAT.


" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
NavyNuke99 #3779044 05/08/13 02:57 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Originally Posted By: NavyNuke99
I'm pretty sure that's being done with flight demonstration teams in mind. Kinda like the Hawk- not what you would call a combat-capable aircraft, but they'll be a boon for flight teams at VFAT.

One of the ED developers also said it was a smart move. Learn the basics of the DCS programming engine with something relatively easy (or less complex) so that you can take that development knowledge forward.

These guys doing the F-15E and F/A-18E - I don't know how they are going to do it..but I'm wishing them the best!

BeachAV8R



DetCord #3779513 05/09/13 12:27 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
I have to admit, this bird is REALLY hard to fly!!!!


Asus sabertooth x79
I7 3930k @4.3
EVGA GTX TITAN SC
16 GB Corsair vengeance quad chanel 1866
Obsidian Series 800D ATX Gaming Case
Samsung 24.6" @1920x1080
DetCord #3779731 05/09/13 12:55 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 169
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 169



"Ah Two...you're a little close there mate"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,674 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1