|
|
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509 |
You mean 503 or the UH-1Y? With the budget the way it is, I think the UH-1Y will be a long time coming!  The one downside to the Y is that it doesn't have that great Huey "wop, wop, wop" sound that sounds like it's beating the air into submission! Deacon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC Veteran
|
|
USMC Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274 |
You mean 503 or the UH-1Y? With the budget the way it is, I think the UH-1Y will be a long time coming!  The one downside to the Y is that it doesn't have that great Huey "wop, wop, wop" sound that sounds like it's beating the air into submission! Deacon 503  Which is probably why that aircraft was used for the skin. It's the only one that could/would sit still long enough to get good images of it. Yeah, that wop, wop, wop sound is missed around MCAS CPEN which is where that aircraft/squadron is stationed.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834 |
While I was in the Army we could sit there and tell what helicopter was inbound by the sound of it's engine/rotor blades.
Kiowa, Cobra, Apache, Chinook, Huey and Black Hawk all have a distinct sound.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509 |
I know what you mean. They all sounded different. I remember the Huey's used to set off all the car alarms in the parking lot! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790 |
Hoooollly shi.. Private pilots just do whatever the hell they want.   
Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,866
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,866 |
I take it things didn't end too well? For the Cessna that is.
Seems to always happen a lot at St Maarten. (I assume that's St Maartin)
This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,363
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,363 |
Such a shame that wake turbulence is not modelled in MSFS. I remember Flight Unlimited did that.
Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947 |
New French CV, freeware.  
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834 |
Nice looking ship. One of Javier's latest or someone else?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947 |
It's off of a French website. I really slammed an Etendard on deck but I didn't go through it like the usual carriers let you do. You can find it here: http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-1-CDG-FR.htm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947 |
Last edited by Dervish; 04/17/13 01:52 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,866
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,866 |
This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,890
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,890 |
"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage
"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 790 |
That B-17 shot is awesome! I take it things didn't end too well? For the Cessna that is.
Seems to always happen a lot at St Maarten. (I assume that's St Maartin) Not for me, no. I managed to roll the bird to the right and careened through the trees into the water for a ditch. Bummer...   
Last edited by DetCord; 04/18/13 02:34 AM.
Ex-pat Kiwi currently serving in the U.S. Army
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834 |
KPHX to 1Z1 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 363
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 363 |
Nice screen, Stormtrooper! Is that Carenado's Grand Caravan/Super Cargomaster? I've had my eye on that for X-Plane, but I'll probably wait until they update it for full 64-bit compatibility.
MSI P67A-GD55 | Intel i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz | MSI GTX 760 4GB GDDR5 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz | Corsair TX750 PSU | Corsair Force GT 90GB SSD | WD Black 640GB + 1TB HDDs | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | Saitek X52 Pro | Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro
Arma III | DCS A-10C Warthog | DCS Ka-50 Black Shark 2 | DCS P-51D Mustang | Flaming Cliffs 3 | X-Plane 10
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Check out my Senior Member
|
|
Check out my Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462 |
Yes, it is (I have the same aircraft, and vouch that it's indeed awesome).
My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case Other Assets Deployed: HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 363
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 363 |
Cool, thanks! It's definitely on my short-list. I have grand visions of making supply runs down the Andes or across the Sahara in this plane. 
MSI P67A-GD55 | Intel i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz | MSI GTX 760 4GB GDDR5 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz | Corsair TX750 PSU | Corsair Force GT 90GB SSD | WD Black 640GB + 1TB HDDs | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | Saitek X52 Pro | Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro
Arma III | DCS A-10C Warthog | DCS Ka-50 Black Shark 2 | DCS P-51D Mustang | Flaming Cliffs 3 | X-Plane 10
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2 |
How about some french bush... ...flying?   Freeware Noratlas from simviation. Cockpit and flight manual are in french though, and every time I go to load the plane engines sputter out and die. Soooo this is about as far as I got.... It's very easy :  Page 16 of the handbook   Bons vols sur le Nord !
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834 |
Nice screen, Stormtrooper! Is that Carenado's Grand Caravan/Super Cargomaster? I've had my eye on that for X-Plane, but I'll probably wait until they update it for full 64-bit compatibility. Yes it is  Excuse the terrain, one of the areas i haven't purchased yet. 
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|