SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3756619 03/24/13 06:04 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Every time I come back to Black Shark it reminds me how rewarding flying it can be..

Back to School was fun. The first portion wasn't too bad - sneaking up on the airfield and laying waste was fun. Once the Red armor started to push through Beslan though..it gets tough to sort out the proper targets. biggrin

Just got back into my beloved Ka-50 in the past 48 hours. I love the A-10C, but there is a special feeling of accomplishment you get when you fly a successful sortie with the Black Shark. It takes all your concentration and constant "flying" to get anything done with it..

Headed toward Beslan..



Set down in a field (turned on my dust protection first!) to take a short break..



I couldn't believe I actually survived the first sortie. Ran out of Vikhrs and decided not to get too close with the gun and rockets.. RTB to reload..



My first sortie wanderings. We pushed through Beslan and the General dude took off to the north. I was just about to set down in a field and take a break when I got a disconnect. It was right after HackerZ logged on (coincidence with a name like that?)



Lots of fun..

BeachAV8R




Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

BeachAV8R #3756621 03/24/13 06:14 AM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 3,095
S
XBL: sSnakeyes
Senior Member
XBL: sSnakeyes
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 3,095
Awesome screenshots!

BeachAV8R #3756630 03/24/13 06:56 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 363
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 363
Nice screens! I'm liking the vignette effect. This evening I happened to hop back into the Black Shark myself after a month or two's absence. I've been piddling around in Arma III's choppers lately and forgot to manage my collective properly while coming to a hover. Oops. duh I was never super great to begin with though! smile


MSI P67A-GD55 | Intel i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz | MSI GTX 760 4GB GDDR5 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz | Corsair TX750 PSU | Corsair Force GT 90GB SSD | WD Black 640GB + 1TB HDDs | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | Saitek X52 Pro | Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro

Arma III | DCS A-10C Warthog | DCS Ka-50 Black Shark 2 | DCS P-51D Mustang | Flaming Cliffs 3 | X-Plane 10
BeachAV8R #3756713 03/24/13 01:59 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 777
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 777
Very nice screens. I haven't flown BS 1 in ages, but it's a gem of a sim.


I will ignore all ideas for new works and engines of war, the invention of which has reached its limits and for whose improvement I see no further hope.

� Julius Frontinus, chief military engineer to the Emperor Vespasian, cica AD 70.
BeachAV8R #3756742 03/24/13 03:24 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
Excellent screens Chris. I never really got into BS in a big way, although I was fairly proficient in A10C. I took advantage of the current sale though and upgraded to BS2 (and picked up the P51 while I was at it).


Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan
BeachAV8R #3756764 03/24/13 03:59 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,705
P
Asleep at the Wheel
Member
Asleep at the Wheel
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,705
Black Shark is my favourite sim of all time (and I've been simming right from the earliest days). The sense of accomplishment you feel once you really get a handle on flying and fighting in it is incredible.

Can't wait for the Huey.


---------
Pizzicato
BeachAV8R #3756793 03/24/13 05:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,939
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,939
Great shots! Lovely aircraft! I'm still trying to get the a10 down pat, but I love rotary wing flying so I switch back and forth between bs and a10. When the Huey comes out, I'll probably be into that over BS, but it's always good to switch off.

Rob


Intel Core i7-3770K
GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)
MSI GTX 960 GTX 4GB
BeachAV8R #3756809 03/24/13 05:34 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,429
E
Senior Member
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,429
Superb screens! And I agree, I tend to come back and fly this helicopter more than the A-10c myself. Just something about it. I think (at least for me) it has something to do with flying down in the weeds.

BeachAV8R #3756861 03/24/13 07:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Started a new campaign: HERE!







thumbsup

BeachAV8R



BeachAV8R #3757366 03/25/13 06:03 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
The second Vergeev Mission report is posted: HERE!









BeachAV8R



BeachAV8R #3757695 03/26/13 05:25 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
From AAR #3: HERE!







BeachAV8R



BeachAV8R #3758166 03/27/13 06:14 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Mission #4 posted: HERE!











BeachAV8R



BeachAV8R #3759222 03/29/13 03:22 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
A few from AAR #05: HERE!







BeachAV8R



BeachAV8R #3759613 03/29/13 08:06 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Some from AAR #6: HERE!









BeachAV8R



BeachAV8R #3760031 03/30/13 06:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
From AAR #7: HERE!







BeachAV8R



BeachAV8R #3761663 04/03/13 01:06 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Some from Vergeev AAR 08/20









BeachAV8R




Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,157 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1