SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 33 of 88 1 2 … 31 32 33 34 35 … 87 88
Dervish #3735067 02/13/13 10:19 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
Another nice plane from Sim Outhouse, d/l the FS9 model, then the FSX update. Great panel too.











Last edited by Scylla; 02/13/13 10:33 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Dervish #3735076 02/13/13 10:33 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
A
Check out my
Senior Member
Check out my
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Sweet shots! Hows the 'office'? Ah, posted too soon. Looks good for an FS9 model.

Also, whats the scenery in those shots? Looks nice smile

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 02/13/13 10:34 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION


Dervish #3735103 02/13/13 11:42 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
Freeware KGFL at simviation.

Dervish #3735616 02/14/13 11:29 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947



Dervish #3736650 02/16/13 09:59 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,290
WW: Online Since 1992
Member
WW: Online Since 1992
Member
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,290
Morning flight....


Dervish #3736662 02/16/13 10:30 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947











Dervish #3736878 02/17/13 02:56 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
Finally broke down and bought REX, even though it wasn't on sale. And, somehow, just realized that FSX has a C208B...





Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
Dervish #3736907 02/17/13 04:18 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
Whidbey Island NAS new scenery at simviation












Dervish #3736972 02/17/13 06:31 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
A
Check out my
Senior Member
Check out my
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Out of the Bone yard


Flying Home


Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 02/17/13 06:34 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION


Dervish #3736977 02/17/13 06:34 PM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
L
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
Hope they didn't use it for spare parts for other planes wink


There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Dervish #3736992 02/17/13 06:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Someone needs to fly out of Chino/Cal Aero Field. I am curious to know if its scenery actually exists and how well it was rendered.

Chino Airport Homepage: http://www.sbcounty.gov/chinoairport/

Chino Airport @ AirNav: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KCNO

Chino Airport @ Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chino_Airport


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Dervish #3737017 02/17/13 07:57 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
This is Chino in FSX.


Dervish #3737090 02/17/13 10:41 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Uugh...Chino looks horrible. I'm waiting for MegasceneryEarth 2.0 (http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart.php) to get to SoCal. Then maybe we can build a proper Chino and surrounding area.



Jason

Dervish #3737142 02/18/13 12:27 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
Or get UTX/Scenery Tech Landclass and then add FTX Global when that comes out. I bet that will look a lot better. It'll cost you $150 though... But I guess that's $150 for all of North America...


Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted By: Scylla
This is Chino in FSX.



Thanks. smile
This Google Earth satellite view will show you how far off the texture is to reality.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.974722,...mp;t=h&z=15

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
Uugh...Chino looks horrible. I'm waiting for MegasceneryEarth 2.0 (http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart.php) to get to SoCal. Then maybe we can build a proper Chino and surrounding area.



Jason

I wasn't expecting you to pop into this thread when I asked about Chino. wave
I agree that it looks horrible plus there are too many trees and not enough dairy farms around Chino with the land stripped bare. The lack of any aircraft on the airfield is disappointing too.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
malibu43 #3737289 02/18/13 05:47 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted By: malibu43
Or get UTX/Scenery Tech Landclass and then add FTX Global when that comes out. I bet that will look a lot better. It'll cost you $150 though... But I guess that's $150 for all of North America...


Ya I'm sure that will look a lot better, but I have a soft spot for photo-real tiles like in Megascenery. It's not perfect, but when you add some of the bigger cities and good 3rd party airports and landmarks it can be really nice. I never liked the autogen in FSX. One you get about 5K in the air it makes me feel I am flying over some real terrain and can do true VFR. I just wish I had more time for FSX and X-Plane.

To each their own though.

Jason

Dervish #3737291 02/18/13 05:59 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
I've been tempted to go with Megascenery for California, but I'm a VFR bush flier at heart, so photoscenery usually looks bad at the altitudes I tend to fly (at least based on their Vegas/Reno and Oahu scenery I have), and now that Orbx will be releasing FTX NA Northern California and FTX NA South Alaska this year, Southern California can't be too far behind since I know it will sell a lot of copies.


[email protected], GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
Dervish #3737412 02/18/13 02:45 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
Lucky 13 from me:



























I say it as I see it
kludger #3737527 02/18/13 05:48 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted By: kludger
I've been tempted to go with Megascenery for California, but I'm a VFR bush flier at heart, so photoscenery usually looks bad at the altitudes I tend to fly (at least based on their Vegas/Reno and Oahu scenery I have), and now that Orbx will be releasing FTX NA Northern California and FTX NA South Alaska this year, Southern California can't be too far behind since I know it will sell a lot of copies.


I'd just wait until the give CA the 2.0 treatment. The Obrbx stuff is great of course, but I don't like flying from that to a region that is not. I kind of like a uniform appearance as I fly from state to state. Both solutions have it's advantages and disadvantages. When the FTX stuff goes global I'll definitely check it out. I just can't help but be intrigued about flying from LA to NY over tiles of the actual USA. To me that is simming.

Jason

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
A
Check out my
Senior Member
Check out my
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
Originally Posted By: kludger
I've been tempted to go with Megascenery for California, but I'm a VFR bush flier at heart, so photoscenery usually looks bad at the altitudes I tend to fly (at least based on their Vegas/Reno and Oahu scenery I have), and now that Orbx will be releasing FTX NA Northern California and FTX NA South Alaska this year, Southern California can't be too far behind since I know it will sell a lot of copies.


I'd just wait until the give CA the 2.0 treatment. The Obrbx stuff is great of course, but I don't like flying from that to a region that is not. I kind of like a uniform appearance as I fly from state to state. Both solutions have it's advantages and disadvantages. When the FTX stuff goes global I'll definitely check it out. I just can't help but be intrigued about flying from LA to NY over tiles of the actual USA. To me that is simming.

Jason


I think the only reasonable thing to do here is to export the entire FSX scenery library to the RoF engine.

How hard could that be?

biggrin


My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION


Page 33 of 88 1 2 … 31 32 33 34 35 … 87 88

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,081,563 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1