SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 56 of 240 1 2 … 54 55 56 57 58 … 239 240
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Thanks, Skate, still, ideas come out of all the comments smile Check out Nuke Plant for some unexpected MiG action.


I have to say how nice Windows 8 Pro (64b) has been. I can go from one screen to the other w/o any problem.

The Highway - Save Gelen just reloaded on my main monitor as I was typing the above.

WC

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
I need to sit down and read the "Guides" to Mission building, I have so many Scenarios to try out it's not even funny.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
The Highway-M4 has F-15Cs that trigger Red AI MiG-29A and Su-27 a/c.

A bit more trigger logic to code...


All A-10Cs now carry one Maverick D.

Fixed a problem where the Red helicopters were triggering the already activated Blue convoys - now the Red convoys will go go go

WC

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
X-ray I love that panel....

Hey what was the thingamajig that all the switch hook to called? Where did you get it and how much did ya spend if you don't mind me asking looks like something I might be interested in. I was planning a shoot down button for "X-ray"... beercheers



Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
Just wanted to say I've been having a lot of fun in both servers. I'm working on not being Mic shy, I mostly am trying to stay out of the way while learning. I started with the A-10 but I find myself preferring the Black Shark. I'm able to get in low and help take out SAMs for the warthogs. That is...when I don't crash and burn before getting to the target.

I keep going back and forth on whether to buy FC3 or Combined Arms. Do the FC3 fast movers (Mig 29 and Flakers) have any A2G capability in the commonly run scenarios? I see on DCS it shows they can drop unguided munitions, but I haven't seen it done in any of the games I've been in.

Thanks again for providing these servers to the community!

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
You can come on TS and not talk, we don't force you biggrin Just listen in and it helps to know what's going on.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143
Yea Xray how about a parts list and instruction or better yet, build ten more for your buddy's.

old_simmer

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Eh guys.

So I brought "Sweetest" into the open SimHQ TS3 channel last night. I realized I need to get her a SimHQ account- so I'll do that... Want to follow the rules! Had an issue with the computer based TS3 and needed to put her on the IPAD TS3... which worked but we couldn't figure out how to make it PTT... it was voice activated which I know is against the rules... but we're trying. Anyway- thanks to "the boys" last night for their patience. She was a real champ too- and was quite enjoying the "bigger picture" of the mission with everyone flying around.

We had a great time in there together and I appreciate that some of the regular crew helped us out so much... she's still a bit shaky with certain aspects and her setup is less than ideal. I have her in front of a 52" screen at a somewhat low resolution (it's driven by a 460)... and no track IR (ordering).

The lot of us gave RB a really good run for its money last night- As far as I could tell given the mission ended is that EVERYTHING in the mission and ALL objectives were completed. Nice work!

I took a run in on a convoy and got slaughtered... SWEETEST wasn't far behind (now THAT'S a wingWOMAN.) She augered in with two engines out from a SAM hit... WHILE spraying the Avenger into the enemy. Awesome. Granted, I think she fired the only double figure eight I've ever seen that resulted in no hits and even though she crashed right in between two soft skinned enemy in true kamakaze fashion didn't kill anything- I'm working on it... just bear with us! I'll have her sniping in true form soon enough.

I was in there helping her out on a couple occasions and had almost forgotten how inhibitting the absence of TrackIR can be... god... if any of you are still playing without it... Good grief...

Anyway- I would take low graphics detail and TrackIR in a heartbeat... if any of you are considering computer upgrades... HEAVY priority should be on TRACKIR!

Just sayin'

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Yeah I felt bad that you were talking he on to a BMP just as I was launching a mav at it. Well at least she spotted it!

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: eno75
Eh guys.

I took a run in on a convoy and got slaughtered... SWEETEST wasn't far behind (now THAT'S a wingWOMAN.) She augered in with two engines out from a SAM hit... WHILE spraying the Avenger into the enemy. Awesome.


Soo, SWEETEST - that's her handle?
shedevil


Hi SWEETEST, welcome aboard SimHQ, whenever you get here... Hope to see you upstairs, SWEETEST. (Eno's gonna kill me... lol)

WC

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
i voted for Enoette


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: republic
I keep going back and forth on whether to buy FC3 or Combined Arms. Do the FC3 fast movers (Mig 29 and Flakers) have any A2G capability in the commonly run scenarios? I see on DCS it shows they can drop unguided munitions, but I haven't seen it done in any of the games I've been in.

Thanks again for providing these servers to the community!


You are welcome, republic!

I have CA and FC3. I do use CA much more than FC3, as we have not really integrated many of the fast movers into the missions. Also there are reported connectivity issues with FC3 - that we hope to have fixed with the next release, soon...

I can't answer your ?s about the Russian jets - I won't fly them. wacky

WC

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Eno, I was impressed with "sweetest's" Situational awareness You have a good one there Eno! Having her play last night caused me to begin pestering my wife to play...

Last edited by blindone; 02/12/13 08:34 PM.
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
I agree, hope she stops over again!

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
F-15Cs wont carry A2G ordinance....

Never flew the counter part FC3 jets, because the old LockOnPits dont render right on my hardware.

I really wish the DCS:F-15C gets done soon, i hate flying SFM and having to use keyboard for everything.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: blindone
Eno, I was impressed with "sweetest's" Situational awareness You have a good one there Eno! Having her play last night caused me to begin pestering my wife to play...


I am reminded of an old saying, "Be careful what you ask for......you just might get it"

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Like I said a long time ago... and especially now that we have two servers...

If guys want to run a bit of a camp for our significant others- I'm ALL over it... Blind, if you want to bring her in- Sweetest probably won't make an appearance until I'm back next week... but I'd like to have an event where they get to come in and just bonk around for awhile.

She's quite into it- enjoys the challenge and believe me I know not everyone is like that... but... for those who are maybe it'd be a nice capture for them to see what it's all about?

Anyway- I'm open to it!

We might need to lock it down, however... as guys like BEANS like to flex their muscle and kill all targets while I'm trying to walk her through how to use her gunsight!

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
can MP servers run the "Training" missions that comes with A-10C module and stuff?


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Originally Posted By: eno75
however... as guys like BEANS like to flex their muscle and kill all targets while I'm trying to walk her through how to use her gunsight!


aka... SHOWOFF!


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
I am not certain we can run the single player training missions... however I am running the Playground map frequently- which is a training scenario that gives ample opportunity to do the training that is required to get acquainted with the systems.

The AAA in many cases (as well as SAMs) are immortal- this is to allow people to work on their deployment of mavericks on the variety of targets around the airfield in question. There are also some migs / sus hanging out around the training area for the F-15s to hunt down if they desire... some may drift in a little close to friendly aircraft- all the same if the eagles are in the area I suggest they hunt them down and kill them before anything funny happens to our innocent and defenseless A-10s!

Page 56 of 240 1 2 … 54 55 56 57 58 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,279 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1