SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 36 of 240 1 2 … 34 35 36 37 38 … 239 240
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Best group of guys around if you ask me!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 162
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 162
duckhunter


i5 3570k ivy(4.5 OC), ASUS Maximus V Formula, 16gb GSkill RipJaws 2133mhz, 2xEVGA SuperClocked+ GTX 680 in SLI, 2x Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD's(1 for OS, 1 for Games), Corsair H100 Watercooler,ASUS Xonar Phoebus SC, Windows 7 x64, Razer BlackShark BF3 Headset. CoolerMaster Cosmos II, XFX Pro 1250w. Samsung 46" LED TV(7100 series) ASUS VG278HE 27"144Hz, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Razer Nostromo, Razer Naga, Razer Deathstalker Ultimate.
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 309
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 309
Hi,

Would like to join you guys online, looked around and didn't see a server that looked like the one. What is the name?

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: mglouie
Hi,

Would like to join you guys online, looked around and didn't see a server that looked like the one. What is the name?


It's Eno's Firehouse. Sometimes you will need to click on the NEW SEARCH button to refresh the server list.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Also Glouie-

We do occasionally run 1.1.1.1 for some of the older missions that are great but not yet stable with the 1.2 platform... So make sure you leave your 1.1.1.1 install alone as it may get some use.

Basically at this time anything with tankers / predators / jtac / AWACs is "broken" while tankers seems to be the main cause of many connection issues. The others simply don't work the way they're supposed to without what quite often becomes substantive editing (for someone like me who is very weak with the editor.)

Even when you fix the problem for some people, you create problems for others. The act / react process gets so frustrating that many throw their hands up... I'm basically at that point right now and would rather run some more intricate missions with 1.1.1.1 where they work fine than have to spend hours shaving off parts of those missions that don't work.

It's an absolutely great group of guys who are friendly, patient and understanding. Please make sure when able that you join TS3 (SimHQ's) so that we can talk you through any of your troubles should you have any.

Speaking of 1.1.1.1- Blooze recently commented on how much he enjoyed the "Separatist Aggresssion" campaign... it's a lot like our "op bactria" and takes a few extra steps to add an immersive environment what with actual "live" audio communications with JTAC and expansive triggers. Wouldn't mind letting that one run here over the weekend. So make sure your 1.1.1.1s are all polished off and ready for deployment.



Last edited by eno75; 01/17/13 04:46 PM.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
We should run a 24/7 1.1.1.1 server along side the DCSW server smile


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 309
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 309
thanks for the info, got TS up and running. Only thing is I deleted my old install of A10 a couple of months ago. I guess I'll have to reinstall 1.1.1. Hope that doesn't mess up 1.2 Are there any problems to note when doing this?

I'm going to download the old file tonight. Hope to see you guys in the virtual skies soon.

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
Do any popular missions have the SU-25 or Combined Arms slots? I'd like to try the SU-25 occasionally and I'd pick up Combined Arms if it was usable regularly.

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
I flew the SU-25 in The Highway the other day... Nice mission however I found the accuracy of the 37 mm was not very good.

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
We should run a 24/7 1.1.1.1 server along side the DCSW server smile


If my backup computer had a better processor I'd be down.

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: mglouie
thanks for the info, got TS up and running. Only thing is I deleted my old install of A10 a couple of months ago. I guess I'll have to reinstall 1.1.1. Hope that doesn't mess up 1.2 Are there any problems to note when doing this?

I'm going to download the old file tonight. Hope to see you guys in the virtual skies soon.


Installing 1.1.1.1 won't have any negative effect on 1.2 however you may want to do a trial run in single player mode to be sure there are no conflicts with your stick programming. I had a couple of issues with my X52 Pro due to the fact that the keystrokes changed some with the 1.2 version. Just make sure everything works in single player and you should be fine.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
i'd run one on my old PC, but it's just so damn loud. and HOT

Dedicated server program may help with that problem later on.

or I could try running A-10C 1111 in Virtual Box smile

Last edited by SkateZilla; 01/17/13 07:22 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
holly cow... that is bizzar Blooze. I wonder what the other pilot thought? LOL


Fulda Gap is a fun one. I played that one day started it from the beginning... and when I had played it before the enemy was all right close to way point one... just beyond it... but you had to get down low to find them... because the friendlys were in such close proximitiy and you don't get a TGP on the Default load out. Anyway I had started it and I knew the general proximity on where the enemy should be but when I got there nobody was there. I searched all over the place but nothing... so I proceeded on to wpt 2 .. when I got there I found a couple of lines of tanks that I recognized from before and so I started a run on them... suddenly I took 2 SA 18 SAM hits and then I did a 180 to egress quickly... and took another 3 hits...I was suprised my plane was still controllable.... no more engines so I glided it into a perfect belly landing... before I could even open the cockpit I started taking hits from ground units machine guns...

I went from a desolate battle field to a overwhelming force in just a matter of 30 seconds.

Next time I think I will allow things to develope a bit before jumping in head long into the fight... charge


Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
I'm pretty sure that I can deny TGPs in Fulda Gap in v1.2, using the Resource Manager feature. Since that is an underlying premise in 104th_Moa's design of the Fulda Gap mission, look to see that restriction in the next version of it for 1.2.

immelman

WC

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
I'm pretty sure that I can deny TGPs in Fulda Gap in v1.2, using the Resource Manager feature. Since that is an underlying premise in 104th_Moa's design of the Fulda Gap mission, look to see that restriction in the next version of it for 1.2.

immelman

WC


I feel like I've been slapped away from the table for farting. fearful

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
That's okay Blooze- We'll leave the TGP feature enabled in MY server hahahaah!

(neener neener)

Blooze, do you still have the log from that mission? Have you played it since that weird event? If you haven't- you should copy your dcs.old and dcs.log in the saved game / dcs folder and send them to me. That's an interesting problem.

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: eno75
That's okay Blooze- We'll leave the TGP feature enabled in MY server hahahaah!

(neener neener)

Blooze, do you still have the log from that mission? Have you played it since that weird event? If you haven't- you should copy your dcs.old and dcs.log in the saved game / dcs folder and send them to me. That's an interesting problem.


I haven't played that mission since that event however I have played others.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Okay, nevermind... it's probably gone then.

In the future if you get these kind of occurrences- it is a big help to just go in after the mission and find the dcs.log and just put a 1 (or 2 or 3 or whatever identifier you want) next to it... that keeps a record of it, and the anomaly- if we later decide we can submit the logs for evaluation from the dev team. Sometimes it helps- other times... well... not so much.

On another note, I did receive word of an idiot who was in last night who was not playing in a fashion becoming of the firehouse server. I retrieved the chat log available through SLMOD and verified the friendly fire incident that was reported... got the UCID and manually added the offender and his IP into the bantables. It is that easy folks... even if it is a bit late.





Last edited by eno75; 01/18/13 12:22 AM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: Blooze
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
I'm pretty sure that I can deny TGPs in Fulda Gap in v1.2, using the Resource Manager feature. Since that is an underlying premise in 104th_Moa's design of the Fulda Gap mission, look to see that restriction in the next version of it for 1.2.

immelman

WC


I feel like I've been slapped away from the table for farting. fearful


neaner neaner Eno biggrin

Blooze - I have been flying Fulda Gap since Moa first put it up on his stallturn server. I was in there when the server admin came in and chatted me up and made a point of mentioning that *I* had a TGP hanging off my wing, with some comment like, 'did you read the briefing?'... Ummm, I said something like, "yeah but there isn't anyone else flying in here right now..." Ah, I told him my CIA friend loaned it to me, now that I think back... smile

Moa said, well, there's no way to prevent it... BUT NOW there is.

---

The medical officer has released me for flight activities, as long as I stay below 12,000'.

WC




Page 36 of 240 1 2 … 34 35 36 37 38 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,414 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1