SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
Well, frankly saying the observing point is much higher than MMS. It makes such "cover" things much easier.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
It's been a long time since I've played the EE series, and this looks great to get me back in it again! smile

I've followed the instructions, but the game starts with black screen and stops responding... any ideas?

Last edited by coreytaylor; 01/16/13 10:55 AM.
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted By: coreytaylor
It's been a long time since I've played the EE series smile

I've followed the instructions, but the game starts with black screen and stops responding... any ideas?


My one did that as well. I just closed it and tried again and it worked. Which version are you trying to run, the direct sound one of the normal one?

messyhead #3718963 01/16/13 02:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Originally Posted By: messyhead
Originally Posted By: coreytaylor
It's been a long time since I've played the EE series smile

I've followed the instructions, but the game starts with black screen and stops responding... any ideas?


My one did that as well. I just closed it and tried again and it worked. Which version are you trying to run, the direct sound one of the normal one?


Tried both, same thing. The solution was to set the compatibility to Windows 2000 thumbsup

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Anyway to tweak up the A.I. of the fighter jets on both sides?

When I was playing on the Blue Side, 3 of my F-16C Falcons were shot down by a single MI-24, which I think it's impossible since the MI-24 doesn't carry AA missiles.

The F-16C didn't even fire back nor did they detect the MI-24.

When I was playing on the Red Side, 4 of my Fulcrums were shot down by a single A-10 Thunderbolt, which I also think it's impossible since the A-10 can only carry 2 sidewinders.

So how did it shoot down 2 of the Fulcrums assuming both sidewinders hit their targets?

ColJamesD #3719675 01/17/13 04:02 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
L
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
Originally Posted By: ColJamesD
Anyway to tweak up the A.I. of the fighter jets on both sides?

When I was playing on the Blue Side, 3 of my F-16C Falcons were shot down by a single MI-24, which I think it's impossible since the MI-24 doesn't carry AA missiles.

The F-16C didn't even fire back nor did they detect the MI-24.

When I was playing on the Red Side, 4 of my Fulcrums were shot down by a single A-10 Thunderbolt, which I also think it's impossible since the A-10 can only carry 2 sidewinders.

So how did it shoot down 2 of the Fulcrums assuming both sidewinders hit their targets?

I haven't played EECH in a long time, so my questions might not make sense. Did you watch the planes get shot down? If so, are you sure it was missiles that got them? Or was it from an in-game report? Does the game report planes shot on a runway the same way as if in-air? Just curious.


The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
ColJamesD #3719772 01/17/13 06:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,801
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,801
Originally Posted By: ColJamesD
So how did it shoot down 2 of the Fulcrums assuming both sidewinders hit their targets?


With its six-barreled bottle thrower?

It would require dumb MiG drivers and accurate A-10 pilots, but it isn't impossible...



Guided anti-tank missiles can also be used against aerial targets, btw.

In fact, since planes aren't equipped with laser detectors, launching a Hellfire at a plane is a fairly elegant solution to evade chaff and flares.

Last edited by Heretic; 01/17/13 06:18 PM.
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
They were shot down in the air.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Hello to everyone, I've been playing this game since 2008, but for some reason i quit at some point.
Now, i buy the game again just for install the add-ons made for you guys.
I want to thank everybody involved in the creation of all patches offered in this site.
Maybe me and a lot of other players can never pay your effort, but at least i can say it loud THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU GUYS !!!!
My very best regards.
biggrin

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 44
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 44
Excellent mod, it is truly amazing what you guys managed to do there! Fwiw: I changed the S-8/S-13 missiles in the GWUT to make them laserguided (the russians do use that variant now heavily) and boy I like them! ar15

Google for Ugroza if you want more info...

anyway: Hats off to you guys! Really impressive work!


-gone for good-
civilian #3725431 01/26/13 02:01 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Originally Posted By: civilian
I changed the S-8/S-13 missiles in the GWUT to make them laserguided (the russians do use that variant now heavily) and boy I like them!


How did you do that?

I see the S-18 and S-13 in the GWUT1140 excel file but which column is for laser guided on and off and what number do I change it to?

Thanks!

ColJamesD #3726325 01/28/13 01:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 44
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 44
I used a GWUT editor and compared the GWUT file manually as the 1.15 file has a slightly different file size/format.

As a test I also made the MBT cannons also able to fire against air targets, have to playtest this first before I can recommend it, though. Not sure if it will mess up the gameflow or sth.

I only wished one could change the helo loadouts this way, but it seems this has been disbled by the mod/recompilation team. It was possible to do that with earlier versions of the mod iirc. I am not to keen to hexedit the exe manually... biggrin


edit: one of the editors -> http://home.planet.nl/~ek000114/gotcha/gwut.html

Oh and I also discovered this thread: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3597359/GWUT_editing_loadouts.html

Last edited by civilian; 01/28/13 01:18 PM.

-gone for good-
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,098 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1