SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3702952 12/20/12 02:56 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Big day tomorrow, shame we won't get to Santa's birthday on the 25th though frown

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Is it worth me going into work or not?


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Probably not. In fact good chance to ring up your boss and tell him exactly what you think of him! popcorn

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
I think he knows what I think of him already yep


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 2
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 2
I better open my prezzies tonight then and spend my savings on as much booze and prostitutes as I can afford as I won't have to answer to the missus in the morning!

Brilliant!


That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?
Well I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.
Yes, don't get clever with me Baldrick. I just thought you might have lopped off a leg or something by mistake.
No, the thing I chopped off had a nose.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Hey, just think about it. If the world really ends tomorrow then we don't have to worry about all of this public debt our countries have amassed!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
A
Veteran
Veteran
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Hah. I'll be glad when this is finally over with, but what inanity shall emerge to take it's place?


WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465


So... is this like a time zone thing? Like... will the planet crumble bit by bit?

Or are we going by Mayan Standard Time?

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465


Anybody in Australia up and can describe the magnitude of the destruction caused by the fireballs falling from the sky?


...also, please mention if you are sober. bottles

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Originally Posted By: Bib4Tuna


Anybody in Australia up and can describe the magnitude of the destruction caused by the fireballs falling from the sky?


...also, please mention if you are sober. bottles


Hmmm, don't expect many replies then... duck

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Would be helpful if there was a similar thing to the NORAD Santa tracker so we can see where the Doomsday devastation is currently devastating.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
looks more likely we will be getting snow, cold temps and high winds, 60 to 70 MPH instead of 1250 degrees with the sky falling. Don't know how the mix would turn out. Yikes...


Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864
So is the apocalypse following the time zones or does it just happen all at once? I've never been through anything like this before so I'm a bit of a noob.

I practised a few one liners for shouting just before it all ends ... and I'm kinda biased towards the "Surfs up #%&*$#" for the tidal wave scenario. The problem is that I don't really know what to expect. I'm kind of sleepy now and if I go to sleep and then just wake up before the merde hits I'm probably just gonna go for the first thing that comes to mind. Which most likely will be something pretty uncool...

I'm kinda stressed out actually. It's like on X-factor, you just get one chance to shine.

-C-

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 34
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 34
Originally Posted By: Charlie_SB
I've never been through anything like this before so I'm a bit of a noob.

Well, not an Mayan apocalypse of course, but you've been through lots of similar apocalyptic predictions before. I've survived over 50 of them myself. Feel free to check for yourself here, makes you feel like quite a badass for living through all that to be honest.


It freaks me out when I think about how big the universe is.
Just so big and growing bigger, exploding outward constantly in all directions,
so no, I don't care how fast I was going, officer.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
I guess if this doesn't happen, I am going to have to start Christmas shopping on Saturday.

Dammit, I was hoping to get out of it.


Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Originally Posted By: Bib4Tuna


Anybody in Australia up and can describe the magnitude of the destruction caused by the fireballs falling from the sky?


...also, please mention if you are sober. bottles


Too late, the apocalypse has turned off their internet connection.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,458
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,458
Australia here. Gosh, that new planet sure is beautif@#$%&^*()*^$#@##$^&*()_

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
OH NOES! Smithcorp! RESPOND! SMITHCOOOORP!


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465

We are doomed...

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,256
R
The Antipodean
Senior Member
The Antipodean
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,256


Local Area Network in Australia : The LAN down under.

For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three.
- Alice Kahn

The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,215 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1