SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3690589 11/30/12 02:21 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
I
Junior Member
Junior Member
I Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
Sup fellas! Here's an old ERTL circa 1990s model X-Wing I built many moons ago that I thought I'd show off. The model is about 12" long from nose to tail.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Ironman69 #3690605 11/30/12 02:56 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
sweeeeeeeeeet


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Ironman69 #3690716 11/30/12 12:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
I humbly ask for more pics sir!

lightsabers

Ironman69 #3690794 11/30/12 02:45 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,009
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,009
Sweet! I want one! Too bad that today the only X-wing model on the market is Revell Easykit

Last edited by Fenix; 11/30/12 02:46 PM.

Tomcats Forever
Ironman69 #3690802 11/30/12 02:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
I wish I could paint better than a drunken sailor, some of these models look absolutely brilliant!


Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Fenix #3690978 11/30/12 08:58 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,187
Likes: 36
A
Veteran
Veteran
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,187
Likes: 36
Nice build! I built one in the '80s that I like, but alas, it did not survive. I have a couple of the old MPC kits in my garage, plus the Fine Molds kit, if I ever get around to building them. I even have two of the larger motorized kits sitting there as well.

Originally Posted By: Fenix
Sweet! I want one! Too bad that today the only X-wing model on the market is Revell Easykit

Its' pricey, but Fine Molds makes a very nice 1/48 scale kit (and 1/72nd, too):

http://www.hlj.com/product/fnmsw-09


Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

Ironman69 #3700425 12/17/12 01:42 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
I
Junior Member
Junior Member
I Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 37

Ironman69 #3702313 12/19/12 06:03 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,057
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,057
Nice work on that kit.It always gave me fits.. and the Fine Molds kits are a little more accurate to the original Resin ships...I finished one a couple of years ago..in this thread: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3035210.html

They weather nicely.

Ironman69 #3702553 12/19/12 11:27 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
I
Junior Member
Junior Member
I Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
Thanks Whitehead! I was 15 yrs. old when I built and painted this model. I really had no idea what I was doing, having only a few magazine pictures of ILM models for reference. However, in the end, it came out pretty good!

Ironman69 #3702680 12/20/12 02:55 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
Pictures of a death star built at the same scale would be nice now... biggrin

Ironman69 #3702938 12/20/12 02:33 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5
This looks awesome!!!

Ironman69 #3704918 12/23/12 04:53 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Looking sharp, Ironman! Biggs would be very proud to see it.


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Ironman69 #3705342 12/24/12 01:50 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
I
Junior Member
Junior Member
I Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
Thanks bud. wave2


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,564 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1