|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151 |
Make sure to share with the rest here if something useful.  Thanks, Dirk.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,591 Likes: 41
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,591 Likes: 41 |
Make sure to share with the rest here if something useful.  Thanks, Dirk. That would be greatly appreciated. RedToo.
My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: https://tinyurl.com/4n82j75zAlways take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016. Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676 Likes: 1
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676 Likes: 1 |
You know I will - let me work on it a bit more to target Newbies.
Stay tuned.
"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge
"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676 Likes: 1
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676 Likes: 1 |
"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge
"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147 |
Thank you for the help Barkhorn. I run into problems when I get to the ".jar" stage still.
There's no such file. There's a Winrar archive file inside the RofCampaign folder that has a .jar extension, but when I open that archive there's a META-INF folder and a "rof" folder. In the "rof" folder there's "campaign" folder, open that and there's another log list of folders. Stuck in the mud I'm afraid. Tomorrow I'll look this thread over for someone who's had the same issue.
I'm confused about what that Winrar archive is doing inside the RofCampaign folder, and how the sim would access any of those folders anyway.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676 Likes: 1
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676 Likes: 1 |
You should have a file that is called "RoFCampaign.jar" and that is really the .EXE. I would d/l again from here: http://riseofflight.com/en/community/usefulmaterialsOther thing to check = Did you d/l the correct version of Java Runtime? Must be either 64 bit or 32 bit
"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge
"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147 |
Yep, that's the one I downloaded. I just did it again for grins - same structure as I mentioned above. There's a .jar Winrar archive with various folders inside the Rofcampaign folder, but no .jar file within that I can see.
I'll double check on the java.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151 |
Barkhorn, thanks for the readme!
Dirk.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118 |
.jar is not a winrar archive, but winrar can open it. That is the file you need to run to get into PWCG, it should be run with java.
You just need to update your java install and make sure winrar is not the default app for opening .jar files.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147 |
That makes sense - thank you!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793 |
Last edited by PatrickAWilson; 12/18/12 01:09 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676 Likes: 1
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676 Likes: 1 |
"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge
"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910 |
Did a test run on jasta2 1916 flying the AlbII early, noticed no bugs, great stuff PW. Can I put in my old campaigns from 11.4 into the new 12.0??
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793 |
@Dutch: yes, just copy the campaign directory
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910 |
I will do Noticed also the selection of planes [if available] it is great, now we can fly jasta's with different planes [like AlbyDVa & PfDIII]!
Is there a way to reject the flight leadership in your own flight, never like to be a flight leader?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 432
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 432 |
Hi Patrick, Thanks for making the campaign generator. I'm right now testing version 12 and it has generated two mission from two different campaigns that causes problems with RoF. Do you want the generated mission files or ? The first mission stops loading around 95% and touching anything causes CTD. And the other mission just returns to the mission selection screen after pressing "Start". Thanks in advance and Happy New Year  Cheers Mark
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 31
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 31 |
I'm coming back to Patrick's campaign after some time. I have v12 installed but none of my created missions show up in ROF under the missions tab. I can see the campaigns created in rofcampaign and the missions in the data/missions folder in ROF.
Any suggestions?
Thanks! T
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|