SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
L
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
Hello,

I need some help getting my MS SW FF2 stick to work in CloD (it works in everything else, including IL2-1946 and RoF).

All I get out of the stick is pitch and roll. No rudder, no throttle, no trigger, etc.

I'm able to calibrate the controller in the Game Controller Settings/Properties within Win7 and all axis and buttons function perfectly.

However, in game, I'm unable to input anything (axis or button input) to the controller from within the game Controller setup options. It just ignores any input at all whether I'm trying to assign a button or an axis.

I've been to the 1C forums and I know others have had no trouble getting their MS SW FF2 stick to work (just plug-n-play, mostly) but mine is being a stubborn beatch.

I don't think there are any drivers available for this stick anymore. When I try to update within Win7 it says I have the latest drivers already.

Anyway, if anyone can help me get this to work that'd be great. Between hardware updates (graphic card and monitor) and recent PC game purchases (Skyrim, BF3, Race 07, CloD, etc.) I really don't have the extra ca$h to spend on a new joystick.

It's a shame I can't use my old CH F-16 Combat stick and CH Pedals but they use the old "gameport" plug and not a USB plug. Oh well.

Any help would be appreciated. But, I'd especially like to hear from someone that has the same stick and got it to work after an initial failure to do so.

Thanks.


"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
Try delete (make a backup first) the file confUser.ini in

:\Documenos\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover.

And then try reassign axis and buttons in game GUI.

Your game instalation are new one from Steam or a old one with sucessive patchs?


Sokol1

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
L
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
Originally Posted By: Sokol1
Try delete (make a backup first) the file confUser.ini in

:\Documenos\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover.

And then try reassign axis and buttons in game GUI.

Your game instalation are new one from Steam or a old one with sucessive patchs?


Sokol1


My install is brand new from Steam (just downloaded October 31, 2012.


"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
L
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
So, I gave up on trying to get the MS SideWinder Force Feedback 2 joystick to work. No matter what I do it won't work in Cliffs of Dover, even though it works perfectly fine IL-2 1946. Ok, it's old and unsupported. Time to move on.

So, today, I went to Best Buy and grabbed a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Looking for a cheap solution and I've heard of other people using this stick with CloD (but, of course, I've heard of other people using the Sidewinder FF2 with CloD too).

I plug it in, install the software. Then I boot up CloD. I go to Options, Controls, etc. and I begin the process of assigning the axes and the buttons. And guess what? SAME PROBLEM as with the Sidewinder FF2. The game will simply not accept any input from anything I plug into my USB port (yes, I tried other USB ports too).

What the heck is going on here? Why can't I get a joystick to operate properly with this game? Without rudder and throttle control the game is essentially worthless (aside from taking pretty screenshots).

If anyone is using the Sidewinder FF2 or the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro could you possibly post your config settings so I can try them?

I've tried changing mine and they've had no effect on the game. In fact, if I change the ConfUser file those changes don't even seem to take effect in the game. For, instance, if I change the rudder from "Joystick1+AXE_RZ=1rudder" in the config file, it still shows up as "Joystick1+AXE_RX=1rudder" in the game.

I'm desperate here. Someone please throw me a bone. I'm at my wits end. banghead

Last edited by LeemzHQ; 11/06/12 04:03 AM.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Hi Leemz

I run Win7 Home Primium � with MS SW FF2 working in CloD.
I installed and uninstalled the original MS SW FF2 drivers. The uninstall process left some files in the system, and the stick was allowed to function also in CloD. I believe the different versions of Win7 differs with respect to XP and allowing or not MS SW FF2.
If interested PM your mailadress and I�ll send you my ConfUser file.

Take5

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
L
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
I'm happy to report the problem is solved.

I started thinking it was behaving as if it were a "protection" or "access" issue (i.e. not letting me re-map keys).

So, I created another user account with Admin abilities and logged in. Right off the bat I knew something was up becuase it saw the stick as a "4 axis, 8 button stick" instead of as a Sidewinder 2. After going into the game I was able to re-map the axes and the keys to the stick. And, now, it's working flawlessly!

It is odd, however, because the account I was using is "supposed" to have Administrator privileges.

Anyway, it's working now as well as it did when I bought it 12 years ago (October 2002). And I can return the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick that I bought yesterday and save myself $37.

Next, I'm hoping to get my TrackIR delivered before the end of the week. Can't wait.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by LeemzHQ; 11/07/12 12:03 AM.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,565 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1