SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,455
Likes: 2
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,455
Likes: 2
Hello again white_fang, thanks for your time testing and posting results. But I don't see anything in your instructions that stands out to me. Most users have little or no problems with Windows XP, and any that do occur, are not really game killers and can be fixed fairly easily.

I get my end of mission/exit mission CTDs on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I HAVE to set the compatibility mode on the LB2.EXE to Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or 3) just to get the game to even load without a Windows error. And all any fixes - whether PositiveG's or Phoenix's - do is make the make stable for me, in-game, and don't compensate for the CTDs after I end a mission, either prematurely or naturally.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
Wait a minute... how did my thread wind up in Cuba...? OH, NO! I've been hi-jacked!!!


Fritz Gunter
[email protected]
http://www.iamfritz.com <- It's Only Gotten Better

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
Well, ain't I allperky and chipper. Just went to install my LB2, and celebrate by posting some of my old LB2 videos... and they're gone. ALL OF THEM. Freakin' GOME. Man I am ticked. I had some good stuff in there.


Fritz Gunter
[email protected]
http://www.iamfritz.com <- It's Only Gotten Better

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,624
R
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,624
That really stinks!! You'll just have to make some more!!!!


Long system spec sig follows:






PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,455
Likes: 2
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,455
Likes: 2
How do you think you lost them? Were they on a separate hard drive or something that may have been re-formatted? Or has one of the boys snuck in and deleted them? That youngest of yours looks like he's got a few tricks up his sleeve!

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 791
I was dragging folders to the trash a week ago when my Win Explr did that funky jump thing it does and I realized I'd grabbed the wrong folder, but I'd didn't put it all together until later when I saw 80 GB missing instead of only about 12 GB missing. And yeah, it's an extHD. So, my FreeFalcon and LB2 folders, among others, are among the victims here.

GRRR.

Yes, I will make more.

When MS Security decides to let LB2 run. I'll work on that more soon.


Fritz Gunter
[email protected]
http://www.iamfritz.com <- It's Only Gotten Better

Lenovo Quadcore 3.1 GHZ Proc, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GT 632 (2 GB Vid RAM) Direct X 11 Windows 7
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,455
Likes: 2
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,455
Likes: 2
So is MS Security Essentials messing around with your LB2.EXE now? It never affected mine.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,768 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1