SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/14/battlefield-4-beta-advertised-on-origin?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
Well, I supposed there should be plans. They haven't even finished all of the Premium content, though.

I wonder what theme they're going to go with. WW2? Vietnam? Modern? 90s? The Jetsons?

I'm pretty stoked about Warfighter, on the other hand.


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 378
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 378
It seems they are going to alternate between Battlefield and Medal of Honor releases every year. Not that I blame em, EA is trying to take the fight to Activision. Whatever BF4 is I really hope Dice revisits 2142 or even 1942 with the new Frostbite engine. If its another modern era shooter, I'll have little interest in getting it. BF3 + Premium has plenty of modern era Battlefield content.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
I can't imagine a good reason for returning to modern warfare after BF3. It's going to have to be something else. I kinda hope they do the 2142 thing again. I missed out on the first one.


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 753
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 753
It will be an age of black powder game where the players walk in serried ranks into a storm of fire. It will appeal greatly to those who like the Metro map.

But seriously, I thought there was an informed rumour some time ago that DICE were working on a new sci-fi game.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 126
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 126
I like all BF games, but not the sci-fi 2142. I rather enjoy
real life environments and settings. Same reason I will not be
buying/playing Black Ops 2.
It would be interesting what a WW2 return would be like with the
current engine, or something like Vietnam (again) or Korea.


Shuttle SG41J4 (heavily modified) - Q9650 3.0GHz - GTX560Ti 2GB Phantom- Win7Ult 64- 8GB RAM - 60+512+512GB SSD
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
BF 3.5.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
BF 3.5.



^This.


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 126
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 126
Well, I'ld rather have a BF3 sequel than another polished
CoD MW version... Damn that game is showing age!


Shuttle SG41J4 (heavily modified) - Q9650 3.0GHz - GTX560Ti 2GB Phantom- Win7Ult 64- 8GB RAM - 60+512+512GB SSD
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
L
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
I think a return to WWII would be welcome. But, I'm liking the modern combat too.

I'll definitely be pre-ordering MoH for access to the beta.


"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,544 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1