|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 55
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 55 |
It will fit any pedals available on the market, it is a huge improvement. The only thing missing so far is a "work mode" like the old one with the acrylic table.
Doug, will you get a review sample per chance and can do a comparison? I'd love to see what this new baby can do when it has to compete against the older model. Price/performance ratio is outstanding, like with the older one.
You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158 |
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9b8uOZmBU_ghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZiilfXdDk&feature=youtube_gdata_playerLooks fantastic. My hat is off to Chris on this one,especially the flexibility of the monitor mounting. All in all, the Obutto is the best gaming peripheral I have ever purchased (CH HOTAS and TRACKIR close 2nd). The Obutto Revolution looks even better though.
Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz) Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 OS Windows 7 Premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43 |
Hey fellas, sorry for not replying earlier but it has been balls to the wall trying to get this new cockpit completed and out there for peeps to see........wheeewwww! We're waaaaaaaaaay behind schedule on this thing so it's been a big rush for the past 3-4mths  Anyway, it's wickid to see you guys are diggin it and no worries mhe this cockpit makes using your computer for everything else even better  Check out our site and you will see the tabletop is still an accessory but now it is two fully articulating tabletops that even tilt. On top of that the acrylic can be left off for mounting other displays to the vesa mounts. Furthermore, the keyboard tray now is on a fully articulating arm so it can, in short, be placed wherever you want. The pedal tray width is 47'ish cm off the top of my head but there is around 49-50cm of room down there in the pedal box area. I doubt there will be any probs with the higher end aftermarket rudder pedals but please correct me if I'm wrong. Keep in mind we will keep selling our original oZone cockpit but will be making some pretty big changes over the summer, and hopefully it will bring the price of that model down some, but still offer all the goodness it has for nearly 6yrs. The r3volution is our stab at the higher end cockpit niche but of course, in true obutto style, a lower price tag with many more features...muahahahah!! Just so you know I have been using the new r3volution cockpit at my US home since last Feb 2011 and it really is gooood. Since that time I only really changed the seat frame (rear portion of the cockpit) to something that looked better and was lighter for the packaging. We will def get Guod a cockpit when they are available so he can do another review for you guys, just give us some time as we are nearly finished with our first production run, but then each country's importer/distributors need to purchase and import them via sea freight. I've always tried to make new accessories fit older generation oZone cockpits but with this one being such a different design altogether only the new fully articulating keyboard tray will fit so it will be offered as an accessory. We may offer the free standing monitor stand as an accessory also but still considering it at the moment. Hope this covers everything for you all, but if not feel free to email me or post it up  Best regards, Chris
Last edited by obutto; 05/25/12 04:25 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158 |
Thanks, and yes, PLEASE offer that fre standing monitor mount as an accessory if possible. It looks fantastic, and a greate solution for three monitors, especially being able to hopefully switch between portrait mode and landscape mode on the fly. Thanks.
Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz) Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 OS Windows 7 Premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 55
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 55 |
Hey Chris! I've looked carefully at the pics now and slowly come up with plans how to migrate to the new setup without sacrificing the features of my modified oZone. Afterburner on the EVGA forums I think mentioned something about speaker mounts for the R3volution, but I don't see them anywhere and I had to make my own for the oZone (see earlier in this thread). Can you elaborate a bit on that? Also I'd like to know if and by how much the height of the screens is adjustable. I have a huge computer case (MM Extended Ascension) sitting next to my pit and the speaker hanging below the left screen clears it by just 12mm. So if I get to hang the speakers below the screens on the R3volution as well, I need enough vertical clearance to do so. What I'd really like is a Yoke mount for the lower center pipe (the one the fighter stick usually attaches to) and have it bent in a way that allows for civilian simming with the center touchscreen permanently attached. Also, more detailed description and pics about which mount bends how far in which dimension would be much appreciated. Can I for example mount my 23" touchscreen on the center and leave it there and still play FPS games without having the keyboard tray touch the screen while swiveling? Can I only mount the left or right half of the acrylic table mount arms? Would need an assymetric setup because I think the left arm would also interfere with my PC case standing there. Can't move it elsewhere, I live in a fairly small place. Thanks in advance, really looking forward to your answers (and guod's review of course!) 
You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
Sim Addict Member
|
|
Sim Addict Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498 |
We may offer the free standing monitor stand as an accessory also but still considering it at the moment.
I'd buy that for sure. I've modified my seat and joystick mount, so if I could buy the new cockpit monitor stand and the table that would be ideal. Existing seat plus new monitor stand Cheers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
I can't wait, I'm already planning my Christmas.
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096 |
Posted this over in the Racing Sim forum. Latest iteration. 
Wisdom is knowing what's enough
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
Please no one tell my husband.  I pre-ordered the new Obutto tonight.
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158 |
Oh man. That is sweet. When is it estimated to arrive?
Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz) Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 OS Windows 7 Premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
1 August but I believe that's when it arrives in port. Probably middle of August.
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
Jurrasic Member
|
|
Jurrasic Member
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574 |
Looks great chris I still have my original and love it.
Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.
However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
Here's a picture of my current racing setup. 
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158 |
For us owners of Obutto v1 here's hoping they offer the monitor mount and arms as a separate purchase. I wouldn't mind upgrading mine to the newer one, if all three monitors are as adjustable as the center one in Chris's newest video.
Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz) Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 OS Windows 7 Premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
Sim Addict Member
|
|
Sim Addict Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498 |
For us owners of Obutto v1 here's hoping they offer the monitor mount and arms as a separate purchase. I wouldn't mind upgrading mine to the newer one, if all three monitors are as adjustable as the center one in Chris's newest video. +1
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101 |
Panther, Hoping for a SimHQ review of the new 'pit sometime after mid-august  I'm looking seriously at this one but there's a few questions I have about it that the vids don't asnwer, like how far aft can those monitor mounts stretch (for side panels ala Helios), and can the monitor mounts be attached to the seat rails instead of the 10 and 2 o'clock positions of the front frame. Also, as far as the stick and throttle mounts are attached: I have a stick shaft extension for my WH and don't know if the front of the seat cushion will interfere with full aft control movement, and that's if I can actually mount the stick low enough to take advantage of the extension in the first place. The Revo looks really nice but IMO it's still a racing cockpit that's been modified for HOTAS use, not a flight sim cockpit. I do however love the idea of an all-in-one workstation/pit.
Cheers!
jocko-
417 RCAF
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 13
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 13 |
Please no one tell my husband.  I pre-ordered the new Obutto tonight. It is nice to see a wife worry this way for a change! Most of the time it is the husbands that have to worry in this fashion! Personally I have been denied the opportunity to go through this relationship-enriching experience because Obutto does not ship to Africa!  Well, actually that is not strictly true but getting the whole set up to my location would probably cost just as much or even more than the pit itself! 
You will NOT rise to the occasion! You will DEFAULT to your level of training!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 14 |
Here's a picture of my current racing setup. Nice setup, how big is that monitor? 30"?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 14 |
Wow, 40? That must've cost a pretty penny.  I enjoyed the review, made some great points about the cockpit. It's cheap, and it's great all-around for gaming - especially people who don't play many sims like myself.
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|