SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,557
J
Senior Member
Senior Member
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,557
Since this BMS option cam available, I have been looking for my orginal Falcon 4 cd, since the instruction is that you must have the disk. I believe I have used it as a dog frisbee since Falcon AF came out.

Does anyone know where I might find a copy? Of if anyone is willing to sell?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
eBay? I was lucky enough to buy one from a fellow SimHQ-er 2 christmases ago...

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 177
C
W-W Super 220 Swift
Member
W-W Super 220 Swift
Member
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 177
I have the Hasbro release as well as the Microprose 1st edition of Falcon4.
I could be persuaded to turn a copy loose-

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188
Likes: 37
A
Veteran
Veteran
A Online: Content
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188
Likes: 37


Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,169
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,169
This has a separate Falcon 4.0 disk also - I use this now after getting rid of Falcon 4.0 years back - a few cheapees as well currently

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Totally-Flying-Compilation-Fortress-European/dp/B00005QFHM


'Crashing and Burning since 1987'
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,385
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,385
You would go google-eyed at the torrent of search results for Falcon4.

And to be honest I see no harm in gaining an illegitimate copy of a game that last came off of a cd-pressing production line when Bill Clinton was president, and was originally released in a different century.

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Logically I do agree with Kendo, but morally I'd still spend those few bucks (I've seen copies around for less than 5�) on that.

If nothing else for coherence...


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
Originally Posted By: Kendo Nagasaki
You would go google-eyed at the torrent of search results for Falcon4.

And to be honest I see no harm in gaining an illegitimate copy of a game that last came off of a cd-pressing production line when Bill Clinton was president, and was originally released in a different century.







http://gprime.net/flash.php/youareapirate

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: Kendo Nagasaki
You would go google-eyed at the torrent of search results for Falcon4.

And to be honest I see no harm in gaining an illegitimate copy of a game that last came off of a cd-pressing production line when Bill Clinton was president, and was originally released in a different century.



Problem is, Atari still owns it, and they have not released the source code or intellectual property. Until they do, it isn't US legal to redistribute.


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
It's funny how you specified "US-Legal"...


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,385
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,385
anti-copyright rant deleted

Last edited by Kendo Nagasaki; 04/19/12 04:38 PM.
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,385
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,385
Originally Posted By: guod
Originally Posted By: Kendo Nagasaki
You would go google-eyed at the torrent of search results for Falcon4.

And to be honest I see no harm in gaining an illegitimate copy of a game that last came off of a cd-pressing production line when Bill Clinton was president, and was originally released in a different century.



Problem is, Atari still owns it, and they have not released the source code or intellectual property. Until they do, it isn't US legal to redistribute.


You know what? I think thats complete BS (nothing personal!). Atari HAVE NEVER released a retail version of Falcon4. In fact, they HAVE authorised the release of TWO FREEWARE version of the game.

Not being a lawyer, nor ever having played one on tv, how would they avoid being laughed out of court if I was to be accused by them of downloading F4 from terrorists..., sorry, I mean piratebay.


Last edited by Kendo Nagasaki; 04/19/12 08:13 PM.
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: komemiute
It's funny how you specified "US-Legal"...


Oh it was intentional. I don't know if the legalese applies elsewhere, and if you guys want some extra lawyers we have an over-abundance here. wink


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: Kendo Nagasaki
You know what? I think thats complete BS (nothing personal!).

None taken. BS or not, tis the legal way it is.

Originally Posted By: Kendo Nagasaki
Atari HAVE NEVER released a retail version of Falcon4.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3537042/Re_Resource_for_Falcon_4_0_exe.html#Post3537042

Originally Posted By: Kendo Nagasaki
In fact, they HAVE authorised the release of TWO FREEWARE version of the game.

Hadn't seen that.


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Guys, there are legit/legal places to get the CD, and a link is referenced earlier in this thread.

If you're posting on SimHQ Forums, please reference only that way of acquiring the product.

SimHQ cannot and will not condone or allow grabbing software via pirating.

Different points-of-view, opinions, are fine, but we need to keep it legal.


Wisdom is knowing what's enough

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,066 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1