|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
Sim Addict Member
|
|
Sim Addict Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498 |
Nice!!
Don't need trackir anymore
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12 |
V/R -tweet
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158 |
That's impressive! Are those 3 x 1920x1080?
Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz) Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 OS Windows 7 Premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261 |
Yep, three Westinghouse LD-4080
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
|
|
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812 |
Don't need trackir anymore As if. Adding 2 screens adds to immersion like a TrackIR. Combined, probably only outdone by 3D HMD.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261 |
Don't need trackir anymore As if. Adding 2 screens adds to immersion like a TrackIR. Combined, probably only outdone by 3D HMD. Il let you know once I get it back. I loaned it to te guy who built my stand so he could try it before buying one.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158 |
Here are a few pics of my current setup. I don't find the center stick comfortable and my goal was to have a setup that would allow me to use the keyboard, stick, and throttle without having to remove the stick or move the keyboard tray to the side. Plus the keyboard tray wasn't flat for some reason when I attached it to the right side of the chair. The answer was to buy 2 flight stick mount kits and use the shorter of the mounts for the throttle and the stick. It's low enough that I can use the throttle comfortably while the keyboard tray rests above it. I've mounted the throttle and stick at a slight angle on the bases so that I can keep the arms angled outward a bit so that they stick doesn't contact the keyboard tray. This setup cost a bit extra but to me it's worth it. Oh, and I also mounted the 3rd base to the right behind the stick- ipad, drink, whatever else goes there.   in the last pic you can see how uneven the height of the two side monitors are- quite disappointing that the monitor arms seem to be of different heights :-(
Last edited by peppergomez; 02/11/12 10:50 PM.
Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz) Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 OS Windows 7 Premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080 |
Here's my Obutto flight mode setup. 
Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
Sim Addict Member
|
|
Sim Addict Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498 |
Don't need trackir anymore As if. Adding 2 screens adds to immersion like a TrackIR. Combined, probably only outdone by 3D HMD. Il let you know once I get it back. I loaned it to te guy who built my stand so he could try it before buying one. I find I don't like it in racing, so I just use mirrors and side screens. FPS too I use triple screen with no trackir it's great. Although I haven't tried triple screen Arma2 yet. Flight sim, definite trackir and single screen. The side screens I export the MFD displays.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
|
|
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812 |
I find I don't like it in racing, so I just use mirrors and side screens.
FPS too I use triple screen with no trackir it's great. Although I haven't tried triple screen Arma2 yet.
Flight sim, definite trackir and single screen. The side screens I export the MFD displays. So it's more dependant on the situation. I understand the racing situation, although I would understand someone using a little "head" movement (~15 deg), if he has the "look into corner" turned off. In ArmA2, "head" movement is about 45 degree. In IL2:1946 it's 90 degrees, for the dogfight situation, and you need all axes.  The FoV is around 110 degree, so you see quite a bit.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12 |
Picked up a black wire shelf on sale and moved my Obutto to a better spot in my basement  Not shown, but I threaded a piece of 1.5" PVC, screwed in into a base flange that I attached to a board. Basically, I made a stand for my center joystick mount for when I'm just using it as my comp desk.
V/R -tweet
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096 |
 Tweet!
Wisdom is knowing what's enough
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12 |
It doesn't compare to 3x40" displays, but since I only play WW2 flight sims, and I use a TrackIR 5, I'm good.
One little tip for those that live in humid areas, find a bicycle shop and ask for something called "frame saver". They use it in steel frame bikes to keep them from rusting internally. Works here too!
Last edited by Tweet; 02/21/12 07:11 AM.
V/R -tweet
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261 |
Made some changes for testing out a future touchscreen monitor. Had Mark at Fasttracksims make a mount to replace the Obutto wheel mount (Slides in with monitor atached and wheel stays attached to the other one, so makes changes easy). I'm using on non-touch 23" for testing and its almost too big, will likely move to a 21" touch. Exported the MFD's from BMS and a few other windows, stuck my Cougar MFD's over the windows using the Blue Tack poster clay (doesn't leave a mark on the monitors and holds pretty good). Will try Helios soon for ICP and other gauges. So far it works pretty good!  
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,790
SimHQ Forums Manager Veteran
|
|
SimHQ Forums Manager Veteran
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,790 |
Just ordered mine! Too bad it's a pre-order and isn't expected to ship until 30 March because they're out of stock. 
"Cave Putorium!" SoWW #2485 Beware the Weasel
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
Sim Addict Member
|
|
Sim Addict Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498 |
Here's my Obutto flight mode setup. How did you mount the second throttle quadrant? I want to mount a Saitek quadrant next to my Warthog throttle but still deciding options.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,790
SimHQ Forums Manager Veteran
|
|
SimHQ Forums Manager Veteran
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,790 |
"Cave Putorium!" SoWW #2485 Beware the Weasel
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,154
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,154 |
Lol Awesome, I really need to get one.
Bullet
Last edited by Bulletstop; 04/09/12 01:07 AM.
Specs home built I7 870 Lynnfield Chip at stock speed 2.93 with Evga P55FTW system board, A BFG GTX275 Vid card, 4Gigs Corsair Dominator Mem 2600+, 1.3 TB on 2 WD Hard drives, Corsair H50 water cooler.X-65F with peddals and Tir 4 track clip pro One badass machine... A truism "liberals, who believe that everyone should categorically agree with them because their theoretical positions are "a higher truth" than the positions of any person out there living in and interacting with the real world."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096 |
Wisdom is knowing what's enough
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
Now where do I put my old one. That is bad ass and hopefully will fit my Simpeds.
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|