SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 18 of 23 1 2 … 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
T
Sim Addict
Member
Sim Addict
Member
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
Nice!!

Don't need trackir anymore

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
Well done Sir!


V/R
-tweet

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
That's impressive! Are those 3 x 1920x1080?


Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
Yep, three Westinghouse LD-4080

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
J
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Originally Posted By: Taipan
Don't need trackir anymore
As if. Adding 2 screens adds to immersion like a TrackIR. Combined, probably only outdone by 3D HMD.

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
Originally Posted By: JAMF
Originally Posted By: Taipan
Don't need trackir anymore
As if. Adding 2 screens adds to immersion like a TrackIR. Combined, probably only outdone by 3D HMD.


Il let you know once I get it back. I loaned it to te guy who built my stand so he could try it before buying one.

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Here are a few pics of my current setup. I don't find the center stick comfortable and my goal was to have a setup that would allow me to use the keyboard, stick, and throttle without having to remove the stick or move the keyboard tray to the side. Plus the keyboard tray wasn't flat for some reason when I attached it to the right side of the chair.

The answer was to buy 2 flight stick mount kits and use the shorter of the mounts for the throttle and the stick. It's low enough that I can use the throttle comfortably while the keyboard tray rests above it. I've mounted the throttle and stick at a slight angle on the bases so that I can keep the arms angled outward a bit so that they stick doesn't contact the keyboard tray.

This setup cost a bit extra but to me it's worth it. Oh, and I also mounted the 3rd base to the right behind the stick- ipad, drink, whatever else goes there.




in the last pic you can see how uneven the height of the two side monitors are- quite disappointing that the monitor arms seem to be of different heights :-(

Last edited by peppergomez; 02/11/12 10:50 PM.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
Here's my Obutto flight mode setup.



Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
T
Sim Addict
Member
Sim Addict
Member
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
Originally Posted By: jskibo
Originally Posted By: JAMF
Originally Posted By: Taipan
Don't need trackir anymore
As if. Adding 2 screens adds to immersion like a TrackIR. Combined, probably only outdone by 3D HMD.


Il let you know once I get it back. I loaned it to te guy who built my stand so he could try it before buying one.


I find I don't like it in racing, so I just use mirrors and side screens.

FPS too I use triple screen with no trackir it's great. Although I haven't tried triple screen Arma2 yet.

Flight sim, definite trackir and single screen. The side screens I export the MFD displays.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
J
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Originally Posted By: Taipan
I find I don't like it in racing, so I just use mirrors and side screens.

FPS too I use triple screen with no trackir it's great. Although I haven't tried triple screen Arma2 yet.

Flight sim, definite trackir and single screen. The side screens I export the MFD displays.


So it's more dependant on the situation. I understand the racing situation, although I would understand someone using a little "head" movement (~15 deg), if he has the "look into corner" turned off. In ArmA2, "head" movement is about 45 degree. In IL2:1946 it's 90 degrees, for the dogfight situation, and you need all axes. biggrin The FoV is around 110 degree, so you see quite a bit.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
Picked up a black wire shelf on sale and moved my Obutto to a better spot in my basement



Not shown, but I threaded a piece of 1.5" PVC, screwed in into a base flange that I attached to a board.
Basically, I made a stand for my center joystick mount for when I'm just using it as my comp desk.


V/R
-tweet

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
thumbsup Tweet!


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
It doesn't compare to 3x40" displays, but since I only play WW2 flight sims, and I use a TrackIR 5, I'm good.

One little tip for those that live in humid areas, find a bicycle shop and ask for something called "frame saver".
They use it in steel frame bikes to keep them from rusting internally.
Works here too!



Last edited by Tweet; 02/21/12 07:11 AM.

V/R
-tweet

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
Made some changes for testing out a future touchscreen monitor.

Had Mark at Fasttracksims make a mount to replace the Obutto wheel mount (Slides in with monitor atached and wheel stays attached to the other one, so makes changes easy).

I'm using on non-touch 23" for testing and its almost too big, will likely move to a 21" touch. Exported the MFD's from BMS and a few other windows, stuck my Cougar MFD's over the windows using the Blue Tack poster clay (doesn't leave a mark on the monitors and holds pretty good). Will try Helios soon for ICP and other gauges. So far it works pretty good!



Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,790
W
SimHQ Forums Manager
Veteran
SimHQ Forums Manager
Veteran
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,790
Just ordered mine! Too bad it's a pre-order and isn't expected to ship until 30 March because they're out of stock. banghead


"Cave Putorium!"
SoWW #2485
Beware the Weasel
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
T
Sim Addict
Member
Sim Addict
Member
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
Originally Posted By: kestrel79
Here's my Obutto flight mode setup.




How did you mount the second throttle quadrant?

I want to mount a Saitek quadrant next to my Warthog throttle but still deciding options.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,790
W
SimHQ Forums Manager
Veteran
SimHQ Forums Manager
Veteran
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,790
Mine. driving











The race suit and helmet are just for giggles...I normally drive in shorts and a t-shirt. smile


"Cave Putorium!"
SoWW #2485
Beware the Weasel
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,154
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,154
Lol Awesome, I really need to get one.


Bullet

Last edited by Bulletstop; 04/09/12 01:07 AM.

Specs
home built I7 870 Lynnfield Chip at stock speed 2.93 with Evga P55FTW system board, A BFG GTX275 Vid card, 4Gigs Corsair Dominator Mem 2600+, 1.3 TB on 2 WD Hard drives, Corsair H50 water cooler.X-65F with peddals and Tir 4 track clip pro One badass machine...
A truism "liberals, who believe that everyone should categorically agree with them because their theoretical positions are "a higher truth" than the positions of any person out there living in and interacting with the real world."
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Originally Posted By: guod

Now where do I put my old one. That is bad ass and hopefully will fit my Simpeds.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Page 18 of 23 1 2 … 16 17 18 19 20 22 23

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,379 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1