SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 156 of 205 1 2 … 154 155 156 157 158 … 204 205
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
Going to work today. Stopped at a light, the car next to me was playing this. Very loud.
Loved it!

Live version follows.



Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
N
Hotshot
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
Nice piper


Heres an old one







p.s. I have this one on 45 biggrin


Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
A couple from (imho) the finest Jethro Tull album:






Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
Love the Lobos, as you know I'm a big fan, a feature at this year's Xmas Jam...with Jackie Green & Warren Haynes...again, outstanding.
12/10/11 Xmas Jam, ACC, Asheville, NC


It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
In honor of the Final Four NCAA basketball tourney being played tonight - Go Buckeye's!!!!!!!
I though Cheech & Chong's Basketball Jones* would be appropriate!

* nice session players too: George Harrison (guitar), Ronnie Spector (vocals), Klaus Voormann (bass),
Carole King & Nicky Hopkins (piano), Billy Preston (organ), and others


Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,823
Likes: 12
T
Hotshot
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,823
Likes: 12


Intel i7-14700K, 32 GB DDR 5, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, AMD Radeon RX 9070 XT 16 GB
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,823
Likes: 12
T
Hotshot
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,823
Likes: 12
I gotta fever and the only cure is...

More cowbell


Intel i7-14700K, 32 GB DDR 5, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, AMD Radeon RX 9070 XT 16 GB
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Loving the Tull Piper, agree that 'Benefit' is brilliant, but it depends on mood which I think is their best record at a given time. Its all good. thumbsup

Warning : Bat sh*t crazy French Genius alert Don't care what anyone says, in my considered opinion this is one of the greatest love songs of all time lol. Sebastian Tellier with 'La Ritournelle'.

He's mixing funk driven break beats with glocks, epic strings and lovely piano riffs. It shouldn't work. But it does, because he's a mad French Genius. biggrin

Heres the lyrics, which admittedly initially look sh*t (on paper/screen at least)....Until you actually hear him sing them and realise that because he is French he can get away with it and they might be one of the most beautifully profound things you have ever heard.

Oh nothing's going to change my love for you
I wanna spend my life with you
So we make love on the grass under the moon
No one call tell, damned if I do
Forever journey on golden avenues
I drift in your eyes since I love you
I got that beat in my veins my only rule
Love is to share, mine is for you


Love it, man. I know that being English I'm supposed to hate the French (lol), and for a laugh I often pretend to; but the truth is I admire their creativity and je ne sais quoi greatly. smile Hes amusing (and great) live too, frequently has mini breakdowns on stage when he's not 'feeling' the muse, or something is allegedly 'wrong' with the 'vibes' lol. True Artist. Tres Bon. Tres Bon. hahaha


Last edited by Biggles07; 04/02/12 09:38 PM.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Love this, love the message....Great lyrics, great song.....Freedom for everyone, and Freedom now. thumbsup



yep

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
One of my favourite Dylan Songs of all time, sung by in my opinion one the most beautiful, lovely voices of all time. Takes me away. Nanci Griffith giving some homage to Mr Robert Zimmermans "Boots of Spanish Leather".

I might have posted this before. It might well deserve to be posted again. I'll let you be the judge of that. smile


Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Love this Woman, great songstress. Great song.

Oh my mama told me

'Cause she say she learned the hard way

She say she wanna spare the children

She say don't give or sell your soul away

'Cause all that you have is your soul





Amen. smile

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
This thread has a proud tradition of Musical excellence, somewhat besmirched by the recent addition of Barry Manilow...For which I hold mineself entirely to blame. *Heheheh*

So, let us continue then. Unto broad, sunlit uplands.

Play it again, Sam. Thing is, I think some folk might have missed it. Do yer ears a favour, strap the headphones on, and rejoice. Yer lugs will thank thee. I cannot emphasise this enough. smile



Looking out from underneath,
Fractured moonlight on the sea
Reflections still look the same to me,
As before I went under.

And it's peaceful in the deep,
Cathedral where you cannot breathe,
No need to pray, no need to speak
Now I am under.

And it's breaking over me,
A thousand miles onto the sea bed,
Found the place to rest my head.

Never let me go, never let me go.
Never let me go, never let me go.

And the arms of the ocean are carrying me,
And all this devotion was rushing out of me,
And the crashes are heaven, for a sinner like me,
The arms of the ocean deliver me.

Though the pressure's hard to take,
It's the only way I can escape,
It seems a heavy choice to make,
Now I am under.

And it's breaking over me,
A thousand miles down to the sea bed,
Found the place to rest my head.

Never let me go, never let me go.
Never let me go, never let me go.
And the arms of the ocean are carrying me,
And all this devotion was rushing out of me,
And the crashes are heaven, for a sinner like me,
The arms of the ocean deliver me.

And it's over,
And I'm going under,
But I'm not giving up!
I'm just giving in.

Oh, slipping underneath.
Oh, so cold, but so sweet.

In the arms of the ocean, so sweet and so cold,
And all this devotion I never knew at all,
And the crashes are Heaven, for a sinner released,
And the arms of the ocean,
Deliver me.

Never let me go, never let me go.
Never let me go, never let me go.

Deliver me.

Never let me go, never let me go.
Never let me go, never let me go.

Deliver me.



Dynamite. yep

Last edited by Biggles07; 04/03/12 02:13 AM.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
Behind Blue Eyes (with an Irish twist), plus some more Nanci Griffith - I like her too!


Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,187
Likes: 36
A
Veteran
Veteran
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,187
Likes: 36
I heard this song on the radio this morning, and for some reason liked it more this time than when I'd heard it before. I decided to do a search for it and found this video of it. It's the acoustic version, but it's pretty similar to the studio version Anna Nalick is the singer - not too hard on the eyes, either:



Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
Happy birthday, Mr. Waters



It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,572
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,572
Early Verve before big US radio hits. Always liked them.


Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Originally Posted By: Kontakt5
Early Verve before big US radio hits. Always liked them.



Yay! Posted a few of their tunes in this thread Kontakt, great band. thumbsup I like the earlier stuff the most too, 'A Storm in Heaven' was their best album by far IMO. Great live too, saw them at Newcastle Riverside (a very small, intimate venue) before they went massive and it was a great gig. Also when they supported the Smashing Pumpkins at Newcastle Mayfair before it closed down. Happy days. smile

This is 'Gravity Grave' from the 'Verve' EP. I still have this on limited edition 12" pink vinyl hehe. A track called 'A Man called Sun' is very good, too.



Get Back, get back again and again
I've been here since I can remember when
My life is a boat, being blown by you
With nothing ahead, just the deepest blue...

To me you're like a setting sun
You rise then you're gone
To me you're like a setting sun
You rise then you're gone

Come back, come back again and again,
I've been here since I can remember when
The world just spins whilst mine stands still
Nothing's changed in your gravity grave

To me you're like a setting sun
You rise then you're gone
To me you're like a setting sun
You shine then you're gone

To me you're like a setting sun
You shine then you're gone
To me you're like a setting sun
You shine then you're gone
Go down on your light
So bright it burns my eyes
Sounds like a perfect way
To end my life
To me you're like a setting sun...
To me you're like a setting sun...


smile

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
Originally Posted By: Arthonon
I heard this song on the radio this morning, and for some reason liked it more this time than when I'd heard it before. I decided to do a search for it and found this video of it. It's the acoustic version, but it's pretty similar to the studio version Anna Nalick is the singer - not too hard on the eyes, either:




Nice Ken! I posted her song awhile back, but reallllly like the acoustic version.

Page 156 of 205 1 2 … 154 155 156 157 158 … 204 205

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,472 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1