|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818 |
It was very much rubbish up to the sound patch, after that it ran pretty good on my system and the "choose trees or sound bug" was fixed, but then they broke the code with the patch after that and the CTDs started. CLOD is still moments of genius mixed with moments of WTF were they thinking! for me. I hope CLOD eventually turns into what we all want it to be, but i just cant see it ever being what Oleg(or me) dreamed of, which is such a pity. Though people here still tell me it will and i really really hope they are right and im wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367 |
complete rubbish of an early alpha we have to this day This sort of ridiculous hyperbole really undermines any credit you would otherwise have. Lol...nobody that voices concerns about the playability of the sim has any credibility with you Frey. That's ok though, with the venom you give out like candy I wasn't looking for any from you. I have lots of meaningful conversations with people who "voice concerns about the playability". I do that myself very often. However, saying that it is "complete rubbish of an early alpha we have to this day" is not "voicing concerns". It is just useless slagging. And what are your opinions about playability btw? - Didn't you say that you shelved the sim as unplayable just after you got it a year ago? What do you know about its playability then, now, a year later? Pfff...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 92
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 92 |
Well, the last time I cranked CloD up...was in December. What's changed about it since then Frey?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497 Likes: 36
I'm just a Senior Member
|
|
I'm just a Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497 Likes: 36 |
complete rubbish of an early alpha we have to this day This sort of ridiculous hyperbole really undermines any credit you would otherwise have. Lol...nobody that voices concerns about the playability of the sim has any credibility with you Frey. That's ok though, with the venom you give out like candy I wasn't looking for any from you. I have lots of meaningful conversations with people who "voice concerns about the playability". I do that myself very often. However, saying that it is "complete rubbish of an early alpha we have to this day" is not "voicing concerns". It is just useless slagging. And what are your opinions about playability btw? - Didn't you say that you shelved the sim as unplayable just after you got it a year ago? What do you know about its playability then, now, a year later? Pfff... I have fired it up after patches to see whats changed. Maybe you can enlighten me what fixes they have done for the offline player since launch?
Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi Windows 10 Pro 64bit Intel I7 14700k 32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb 2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb 1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU ______________________________________________________
Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 314 |
That is just the typical useless argumenting, ignore the game as a whole thing and concentrate on the niche where it is still lagging behind.
But slagging the game as if the offline part were the most important feature, afaik it isn't, and the game as a whole is definitely not in a alpha - state!
Last edited by robtek; 03/08/12 06:09 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737 |
Tree! Tree! - The Prophet! - Follow the Prophet!
Now, you listen here: 'e's not the Messiah, 'e's a very naughty boy! Now, go away!  Edit: Can't resist. A funny story about that exact clip Frey. If you don't know (and forgive me if you do) but the old guy at the end is a comedian called Spike Milligan - one of my favorite UK writers/comedy guys of all time. The Python team told him he had a 'good part' in the movie and made he memorize a big 'shoe prophecy' story from a script. They flew him out to Tunisia where Life of Brian was being filmed and made him rehearse this long intricate 10 minute spiel for his only scene. They then secretly told the extras and the rest of the people in that scene to run off at the end, leaving poor Spike confused - he handled it well. Makes me smile every time I see it 
Last edited by FearlessFrog; 03/08/12 06:22 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 267
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 267 |
But slagging the game as if the offline part were the most important feature, afaik it isn't,
 well i would disagree with that part- so would Oleg it was offline gameplay that drove most of our sales, and not the online modes from here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6494Flight sims tend to have a split 80% / 20% in offline/online users. So what it comes down to is:- are 80% of customers unimportant?
"There are two things that are infinite: The Universe and Human Stupidity. And I'm not even sure about the Universe." - Einstein
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818 |
Blolox, what dont you understand about "unfinished" "WIP" "You dont have any patence"? <--------------------------------------------------------------- Sarcasm, i got banned for that once.  The single player was almost criminal in its patheticy-ness (i made a word!) but as we were told at release, dont worry the SDK is coming "real soon" and the community will have lots of fantastic missions and campaigns to play. Until they add the module where i can enter a pilots name and join a Sqd, i cant ever see that happening and Luthier seems to have go the way of Oleg and cant be found to ask if that will ever be added.
Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 03/08/12 07:07 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367 |
If you don't know (and forgive me if you do) but the old guy at the end is a comedian called Spike Milligan - one of my favorite UK writers/comedy guys of all time. The Python team told him he had a 'good part' in the movie and made he memorize a big 'shoe prophecy' story from a script. They flew him out to Tunisia where Life of Brian was being filmed and made him rehearse this long intricate 10 minute spiel for his only scene. They then secretly told the extras and the rest of the people in that scene to run off at the end, leaving poor Spike confused - he handled it well. Makes me smile every time I see it I didn't know, that's very cool. So that is why the scene is so convincing. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497 Likes: 36
I'm just a Senior Member
|
|
I'm just a Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497 Likes: 36 |
That is just the typical useless argumenting, ignore the game as a whole thing and concentrate on the niche where it is still lagging behind.
But slagging the game as if the offline part were the most important feature, afaik it isn't, and the game as a whole is definitely not in a alpha - state! +1 What bolox said.  Oleg has always said the single player is what sells units and not so much the online modes. But if you still stand by your statement robtek: If the 40 to 60 people that fly on ATAG represent the majority of flyers that are happy with the sim, I'd say it's in real trouble...wouldn't you? (not actually expecting a response from robtek, he usually just drops in quickly and then disapears)
Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi Windows 10 Pro 64bit Intel I7 14700k 32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb 2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb 1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU ______________________________________________________
Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737 |
If you don't know (and forgive me if you do) but the old guy at the end is a comedian called Spike Milligan - one of my favorite UK writers/comedy guys of all time. The Python team told him he had a 'good part' in the movie and made he memorize a big 'shoe prophecy' story from a script. They flew him out to Tunisia where Life of Brian was being filmed and made him rehearse this long intricate 10 minute spiel for his only scene. They then secretly told the extras and the rest of the people in that scene to run off at the end, leaving poor Spike confused - he handled it well. Makes me smile every time I see it I didn't know, that's very cool. So that is why the scene is so convincing. Yeah, he was great - died in 2002. At his request his gravestone has the inscription 'I told you I was ill!' 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180 Likes: 3
I'll be your Huckleberry Veteran
|
|
I'll be your Huckleberry Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180 Likes: 3 |
That's some very interesting background information Fearless, gives me a new appreciation for that scene. I like the way he clenched and unclenched his hands and then exit stage right. lol
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 314 |
That is just the typical useless argumenting, ignore the game as a whole thing and concentrate on the niche where it is still lagging behind.
But slagging the game as if the offline part were the most important feature, afaik it isn't, and the game as a whole is definitely not in a alpha - state! +1 What bolox said.  Oleg has always said the single player is what sells units and not so much the online modes. But if you still stand by your statement robtek: If the 40 to 60 people that fly on ATAG represent the majority of flyers that are happy with the sim, I'd say it's in real trouble...wouldn't you? (not actually expecting a response from robtek, he usually just drops in quickly and then disapears) Yep, i have a fulfilled life beside reading and writing in forums  Of course i stand with my position, online is the present and the future. This quote from Oleg stems from a time when online gaming was something special and quite a lot people had only a dial-in connection, if any at all. And yes, there are not many online players right now, as most dont play until the ctd bug is fixed, but iirc there where a few thousand already on the atag server at least once. So, those 40 to 60 people on ATAG are just those who are making the best of it and have fun with what they have, instead of doing other, less sensible things. And just to be correct, i DONT say that offline is not important, it is just not the most important part of the sim.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367 |
I know several squads that play very regularly on closed servers.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
|
|
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103 |
And just to be correct, i DONT say that offline is not important, it is just not the most important part of the sim.
Actualy m8, for me, offline IS the most important part of the sim. and it's a pretty poor experience right now. Regards Aces
Last edited by Aces High 2; 03/08/12 04:36 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497 Likes: 36
I'm just a Senior Member
|
|
I'm just a Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497 Likes: 36 |
This quote from Oleg stems from a time when online gaming was something special and quite a lot people had only a dial-in connection, if any at all.
December 29th 2010 is when everyone had dial up or no internet at all huh? Thats the interview where he made that statement. Of those "few thousand" on ATAG, many like myself have never returned, just went on briefly to see the multi interface. If airquake is the way of the present and the future that's sad. I would say offline is most important and when done properly gives a sense of immersion that you can't get online. Kill board, rank, medals etc.
Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi Windows 10 Pro 64bit Intel I7 14700k 32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb 2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb 1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU ______________________________________________________
Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180 Likes: 3
I'll be your Huckleberry Veteran
|
|
I'll be your Huckleberry Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180 Likes: 3 |
I've flown on ATAG numerous times and would never consider it to be airquake. With the cockpit view only combat is very, very difficult and very immersive. And this is where I'd prefer the immersion to be, while flying, not after the fact.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497 Likes: 36
I'm just a Senior Member
|
|
I'm just a Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497 Likes: 36 |
I've flown on ATAG numerous times and would never consider it to be airquake. With the cockpit view only combat is very, very difficult and very immersive. And this is where I'd prefer the immersion to be, while flying, not after the fact. It's the whole package I'm talking about Bish. Caring about squadmates, and when they die, their dead...your not flying with them again an hour later. You know you can fly cockpit only view in single player, right?
Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi Windows 10 Pro 64bit Intel I7 14700k 32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb 2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb 1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU ______________________________________________________
Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818 |
I know several squads that play very regularly on closed servers. Doing what? because its not a online war.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180 Likes: 3
I'll be your Huckleberry Veteran
|
|
I'll be your Huckleberry Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180 Likes: 3 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|