SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 153 of 205 1 2 … 151 152 153 154 155 … 204 205
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,109
T
Misanthropic Peon
Senior Member
Misanthropic Peon
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,109


l'Audace, toujours l'audace

I don�t have pet peeves; I have major, psychotic hatreds. - George Carlin

Even if you have a crown and sit at a throne
In the end you will have nothing
Even if you are destined for great riches
In the end you will return to the dust
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
Saw three good movies last week: The Right Stuff, the Andromeda Strain, and the Last Waltz


Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
The Black Keys started the North American leg of their El Camino world tour in Cincinnati last Friday night, and vault_dweller was there...big surprise, I know. They're smoking hot after spending a few months touring in Europe, so don't miss them if they come to anywhere near your home. First, the all important ticket stub, love it when they don't tear them. cool



Starting off with some decent video of "Girl Is On My Mind."
3/2/12, USB Arena, Cincinnati, OH


It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
Next up a nice "Ten Cent Pistol."
3/2/12, USB Arena, Cincinnati, OH


It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
And ending with "Lonely Boy."
3/2/12, USB Arena, Cincinnati, OH


It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,824
Likes: 12
T
Hotshot
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,824
Likes: 12
If you did not know, you will know now.

"Blinded By the Light"



Intel i7-14700K, 32 GB DDR 5, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, AMD Radeon RX 9070 XT 16 GB
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
I've always loved this AiC song...



"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
AIC were a very good band, shame how it ended with Layne. frown

PJ Harvey 'Naked cousin'....Live in Chicago, good gig.



'The letter', the same. Gaaah, love this wumman. Theres Nowt like a bird that rocks. biggrin

Not sure WTF she's got on her paws like, looks suspiciously like oven gloves if ye ask me. smile She could wear a bin bag for all I care though, hehe. Shes the bomb.







Paul Weller (formerly of The Jam) with 'Wild Wood', live at BBC very good song.



JA with a great live version of 'Been Caught Stealing', BBC Jools Holland.



Radiohead with 'Paranoid android' live at Jools Holland..its fecking great.



Enjoy! Smile2 PS Soup, love Nick Drake too, I posted loads of his songs on this thread ages ago hehe. Not sure if you ever saw them mate. Great song writer for sure. smile

Massive attack with 'Psyche', (Van rivers mix)....Trippy stuff and cool as phluck. Love Martina Topley-Birds vocals, shes good.





Till next time chaps, will have a look through the thread when I have time as there's always some quality stuff here. Cheers! cheers


Last edited by Biggles07; 03/12/12 12:38 AM.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
PIL (Public Image Limited) with 'Rise'. Hehehe, love Johnny Rotten.....proper nutter. hahaha When the Sex Pistols got inducted to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame museum in Ohio, they didn't even bother turning up for the inaugaration and scrawled a hand written letter saying amongst other things 'Were not coming. Your museum is a piss stain. $25,000 for a table, or $15,000 to squawk up in the gallery, a 'non profit organisation' selling a load of old famous. Were not your monkeys, and were not coming. Piss off. A SEX PISTOL'

rofl

Legend. True Punk. biggrin



Florence and the machine with 'Rabbit heart', Flo looks gorgeous at the Jools Holland show a few year back, and a good performance. Her legs are about 8 frikkin miles long lol, nice when shes wearing something short hehe *droolz* biggrin Fantastic singer, playing in Newcastle Metro arena tonight, and I didn't know till it was too late! Gaaaah. Found out 2 days too late, sold out within hours. Nevermind, seen em before years ago, and I'll see em again one day...be sure.



thumbsup


This is a beautiful song, a wee bit sad and melancholy....but good. 'Never let me go'. Great vocals.



Ah sod it, make it a triple bill hehe. 'Shake it out', live at the BBC. Love this too. thumbsup






Last edited by Biggles07; 03/16/12 11:30 PM.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Quite liked the Black Keys btw Vault....Not bad at all! thumbsup

Heres Liverpools 'The La's' with 'Liberty Ship' live....Bit skifflin induced magic for ya.


Last edited by Biggles07; 03/17/12 12:37 AM.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
@Biggles

Really liked that Paul Weller song.

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
Tanx Biggs, I try to bring a little variety to the interlude, most of the Americans here have musical tastes that are quite predictable. Love PJ, Flo & the Machine, and many of your other posts...in fact I was tickled by your recent post of Mr. Lydon's song from the PIL days. I just love the message of that one, a proper nutter, but a certain truth to what he has to say. Listened to it before my usual Friday night venture to local venues-within walking distance-to listen to unknown acts like Houndmouth, Squeeze-Bot, and Johnny Berry. You'd be surprised, back in the day there was a bit of an alliance between us no-good hippie jammers and the punk/thrash scene; it was beautiful. I dare not post it here, but look up a band called Corporate Avenger on Youtube, the song title I dare not post either, the initials are TBIBs..."The written word is a lie." wink

As far as the BK's go, been listening to them for 10 years now & they've only just now gotten some much deserved attention...it's one of only a few bands I know of that can break down to just guitar & drums while still entertain a crowd. Seen them play in tents, bars, and farm fields...now they're blowing away arenas full of folks. As you know, I rate bands by how they sound live, & the BK's are hard to beat on those terms. No matter the genre, as far as musical tastes go, you�re either a follower of the pack or an outlier. I'm proud to be an outlier, often I spot what the pack will like long before anyone else is paying attention. I�m betting your mind works much like my own in that respect.


It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Originally Posted By: vault_dweller
Tanx Biggs, I try to bring a little variety to the interlude, most of the Americans here have musical tastes that are quite predictable. Love PJ, Flo & the Machine, and many of your other posts...in fact I was tickled by your recent post of Mr. Lydon's song from the PIL days. I just love the message of that one, a proper nutter, but a certain truth to what he has to say. Listened to it before my usual Friday night venture to local venues-within walking distance-to listen to unknown acts like Houndmouth, Squeeze-Bot, and Johnny Berry. You'd be surprised, back in the day there was a bit of an alliance between us no-good hippie jammers and the punk/thrash scene; it was beautiful. I dare not post it here, but look up a band called Corporate Avenger on Youtube, the song title I dare not post either, the initials are TBIBs..."The written word is a lie." wink

As far as the BK's go, been listening to them for 10 years now & they've only just now gotten some much deserved attention...it's one of only a few bands I know of that can break down to just guitar & drums while still entertain a crowd. Seen them play in tents, bars, and farm fields...now they're blowing away arenas full of folks. As you know, I rate bands by how they sound live, & the BK's are hard to beat on those terms. No matter the genre, as far as musical tastes go, you�re either a follower of the pack or an outlier. I'm proud to be an outlier, often I spot what the pack will like long before anyone else is paying attention. I�m betting your mind works much like my own in that respect.

Quote:

I'm proud to be an outlier, often I spot what the pack will like long before anyone else is paying attention. I�m betting your mind works much like my own in that respect.


Of course. Kindred Spirit. We are Legion.

smile

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
V
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
Wasteland Wanderer
Member
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,111
Originally Posted By: Biggles07
Of course. Kindred Spirit. We are Legion.

smile

Here's some Houndmouth from a few weeks ago at one of my neighborhood's wonderful music venues. Love this area, the music scene is very robust, there's always somebody worth seeing. A little tune called "Comin' 'Round Again."

2/13/12, Headliner's Music Hall, Louisville, KY


It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember
When the news of revolution hit the air
The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters
When the boys started cutting off their hair

The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough
It ought to have a proper home
Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$#
About the goings on in self destructive zones

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
N
Hotshot
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335


Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,824
Likes: 12
T
Hotshot
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,824
Likes: 12


Intel i7-14700K, 32 GB DDR 5, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, AMD Radeon RX 9070 XT 16 GB
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,824
Likes: 12
T
Hotshot
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,824
Likes: 12


Intel i7-14700K, 32 GB DDR 5, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, AMD Radeon RX 9070 XT 16 GB
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
Awesome Tarnsman! Especially the story behind the song on utube. Skydog. I like it.

I'm a HUGE Duane Allman fan.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
A re-post for sure, but it's a great song. Would have loved to had been at the Fillmore back then.




ps. the Allman Bros live at the Fillmore East was the first 8-track I owned. :-)

Page 153 of 205 1 2 … 151 152 153 154 155 … 204 205

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,470 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1