SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 … 6 7 8 9 10
Nate #3512239 02/06/12 12:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
zzzspace,

You have made your point. Multiple times.

You are now simply repeating yourself, and it's getting tedious. Your complaint has been registered, now it's time to move on with your life.


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

PFunk #3512484 02/06/12 11:58 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 131
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 131
I'll get counselling and sign up for a Buddhist retreat shall I?

It's a discussion forum, I was discussing something, in suitable detail.

Sorry if it stirred up a cess-pool of a meaningless and irrational consensus.

We wouldn't want to hold ED's feet to the fire or nuffin.

But just do me this one favour SimHQ, next time you do a 'review' of FC, how about a bit more objectivity and honesty about the true shape of ED's product in terms of it as a full-spectrum tactical air-combat simulation, and quite a lot less Pavlov's Dog.

~~~ ENDS ~~~

Nate #3512932 02/06/12 09:45 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,353
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,353
Wow really?


I've got a bad feeling about this.....
Nate #3512967 02/06/12 10:16 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Thank you for the feedback, zzzspace. We'll be sure to consider your input when we produce our previews/reviews.


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
Originally Posted By: zzzspace
I'll get counselling and sign up for a Buddhist retreat shall I?


Now that's hardly necessary, old friend. What kind of a monster would I be if I denied a man his God-given right to a decent steak?


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Nate #3524448 02/23/12 12:58 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589
Actually, in regards to the Israeli attack on the Syrian nuclear reactor a few years ago, Israeli EW strategy/tactics exploited weaknesses in the Syrian IADS to basically attack the plant without resistance. wink

Lion #3524473 02/23/12 01:33 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 108
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 108
Lion,

I agree with you 100%. The whole point is the Israelis did not go in low level. They used EA to defeat the IADS.

Nate #3524485 02/23/12 01:52 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589
Yeah, they pretty much just waltzed in.

Nate #3526598 02/26/12 08:44 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
I was wandering thru A10C and Blackshark files today, and found a few interresting stuff that may be related to FC3.


In the script/database/I don't remember, i found a desactivated entry for L39 in a script that was related to flyable aircrafts, and also some KA52, AV8B traces in scripts and meshs folders. Did they was any announcment in that way ?

I'm not on my game computer, i'll post some screen tommorow.


Made in France - And now surviving Belgium weather
Milsim Paintball Player
Proud to be one of the newest SIMHQ Newby !
Nate #3526718 02/27/12 12:45 AM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 378
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 378
The Harrier and Ka-52 have been dormant in the sim for a while now. I think they were both discovered when BS1 was released, but they were never implemented. The Harrier model isn't to bad, its just missing texture files apparently within A-10C. however the Ka-52 is Lockon 1.0 quality.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 165
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 165
Originally Posted By: zzzspace
But just do me this one favour SimHQ, next time you do a 'review' of FC, how about a bit more objectivity and honesty about the true shape of ED's product in terms of it as a full-spectrum tactical air-combat simulation, and quite a lot less Pavlov's Dog.


Perhaps exporting out the AI into some LUA scripts might be the way to go as then the community might work on them if the ED doesn't see that as something worth addressing.

BTW, you could have made the post in this thread perhaps as (IIRC) the producer was asking for some input (unless you were banned there?)?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83426

Last edited by ijozic; 04/02/12 06:56 PM.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SoundBlaster 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat-switch. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH average.
ijozic #3556454 04/15/12 07:07 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 131
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 131
Originally Posted By: ijozic
Originally Posted By: zzzspace
But just do me this one favour SimHQ, next time you do a 'review' of FC, how about a bit more objectivity and honesty about the true shape of ED's product in terms of it as a full-spectrum tactical air-combat simulation, and quite a lot less Pavlov's Dog.


Perhaps exporting out the AI into some LUA scripts might be the way to go as then the community might work on them if the ED doesn't see that as something worth addressing.

BTW, you could have made the post in this thread perhaps as (IIRC) the producer was asking for some input (unless you were banned there?)?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83426



It's more of a problem with individual flight model responses in the fighter aircraft. The Bombers reveal that the proper terrain masking flight behaviours are actually coded into Lockon. It's just that most of the aircraft aren't using it, or else, aren't using it properly. They are constantly over- and under-reacting to the terrain. However AI behaviour is strongly negatively affected by this, and the closer the AI aircraft are to terrain, the more quirky and problematic becomes behaviour and tactical execution.

One very serious problem is the exorbitant (i.e. ludicrously inefficient) use of fuel, for prosaic manoeuvres. This is because the aircraft are always over-reacting to terrain and man-made obstacles, so they are constantly resorting to afterburners totally unnecessarily, because they shouldn't have overreacted and lost their energy in the first place. Hence missions often fail simply due to fuel starvation, with an RTB or running out and ejecting. It just blows me away that it can still be like this since 2004, tactical f'ing madness.

I've asked for this to be fixed so many times, but they do zip about it, make all the promises in the world, by zero action results. So I don't think it matters what thread you place it in, they will still bring out another version of it with the same broken-a55 idiotic low-level flight behaviours, and failed AI attempts to cope with it.

The best thing the user community can do at this point is just hammer them with it, because ED aren't actually paying attention to what's happening in the sim for the past 7 years, and they don't care to fix it any time soon. But their assorted reps etc., will ALWAYS swear black-and-blue that they're on it and fixing it, and that any such further complaint to this effect is unnecessary and merely vexatious.

You can't win with ED and it's producers. I've come to the conclusion they're only interested in avionics, graphics, and the appearance of a combat flight sim, but are just not interested in making FC work as a tactical combat FLIGHT sim in practice. It's supposed to FLY at low-level, not go into spectacular spasms of concerted FAIL.

And they really squirm it if you're so crass and insensitive as to point out the truth about FC and DCS after they have vacantly promised, for the eleventy-seventh time, that they are on the case, and it is all soon to be fixed.

THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT!


Edit: spelling

Last edited by zzzspace; 04/15/12 07:10 AM.
Nate #3556785 04/15/12 09:59 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
I am going to make sure this is deliberately even more broken in the next release biggrin

Fly Below 1000m and the AI will explode.

Nate

Nate #3556794 04/15/12 10:25 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
LOL.


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Nate #3556840 04/15/12 11:48 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893
G
Hotshot
Hotshot
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893
Complete with dramatic movie radio dialogue biggrin

Originally Posted By: Nate
I am going to make sure this is deliberately even more broken in the next release biggrin

Fly Below 1000m and the AI will explode.

Nate


--
44th VFW
Nate #3556887 04/16/12 01:47 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
Nate,

Is there any chance, ANY chance, we could see the simplified avionics from BS2 and A-10C in FC3?

Yeah, I've asked before.


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Nate #3556958 04/16/12 04:14 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 131
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 131
Originally Posted By: Nate
I am going to make sure this is deliberately even more broken in the next release biggrin

Nate



I reckon you can't.

PFunk #3557107 04/16/12 02:05 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
Originally Posted By: PFunk
Nate,

Is there any chance, ANY chance, we could see the simplified avionics from BS2 and A-10C in FC3?

Yeah, I've asked before.


It really isn't my place to comment, but I doubt it - however the new Core design opens up some interesting possibilities - but I have no inside knowledge on how FC3 will interact with that.

Nate

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
Originally Posted By: zzzspace
Originally Posted By: Nate
I am going to make sure this is deliberately even more broken in the next release biggrin

Nate



I reckon you can't.


Oh lighten up would ya? smile

Nate

PFunk #3560052 04/21/12 12:24 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,173
Originally Posted By: PFunk
Nate,

Is there any chance, ANY chance, we could see the simplified avionics from BS2 and A-10C in FC3?

Yeah, I've asked before.


As in a simplified Black Shark and A-10C? I would like that. At least the A-10C part; I am getting used to the KA-50 even if I do not understand most of the functions.

I would wish that instead they made all of the modules on the same engine (Flaming Cliffs, A-10, KA-50, ect.) and when you buy one plane you get the engine and updates free. This way you can play online with everyone and the community is not broken up. To take control of other aircraft though, you must buy them as well.

Think of it like Rise of Flight's system, accept keeping the community integrated (but not selling maps and theaters as separate content).

Page 8 of 10 1 2 … 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,527 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1