SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
Hi All,

The one thing that is really REALLY gripping me at the moment with this otherwise excellent tank sim, is how the M60 loader animation no longer can keep up with the drasticly altered rate of fire of the main gun since the first patch.

In the unpatched original version the loader brilliantly went about his business, pulling a round from the turret bustle, maneuvering it into position, then ramming it home, and the breech block closed. Then the gunner fired. I loved to watch it. Really added to that immersion factor of feeling like you were part of a tank crew.

Now the rate of fire for the main gun has been increased to, in my view, an unrealistic value, the loader simply can't keep up and after 2-3 rounds at this new super-quick firing rate the animation is totally to bollux, and even the breech can't keep up and just stays open. The longer the firing cycle goes on the more out of sync the animation becomes until the poor bloke gets so confused he simply stands there in a huff and the gun magicly loads itself. Don't blame him. Complete shambles.

It's got to me to such an extent that I have disabled the patch and gone back to the original un-patched version. I know that sounds a bit OCD but that's me - I like my crew to be on top of their game.

So, to help prevent me from tearing out any more of what little hair I have left my question is this - is there any way of slowing the rate of fire down so it again matches the loader's efforts, or is it now hard wired into the sim and and we just have to put up with it, until Andrey and the team decide to do something about it.

I've tried myself but have failed miserably as my modding skills are pretty zero. I spent 3 hours last night unpacking files, re-packing etc and got nowhere. I even copied the original files and pasted them over the patched ones. Made no difference.

Can anybody help, or at least point me in the right direction of which files to edit, or does noone else care that my once co-operative, well drilled loader now spends most of his time either having a fit or in a childish sulk.

Any help, assistence or counceling with this problem would be most appreciated.

Regards,

MTB

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
To reply to my own post, as noone else has (you're never alone with schizofrenia) I've just put the T-62 through gunnery trials on the range and noticed the same thing. The rate of fire has been altered so much that the poor loader now doesn't even have a chance to pick up a round before the gun is magicly loaded.

This is a shame as the un-patched version perfectly illustrated the problems T-62 crews had in loading such a large round in such a confined space. It was a nightmare and disastrously slow compared to the much better internal layout of western tanks.

Now Graviteam seemed to have intoduced some sort of magazine feed. Perhaps an early version of the autoloader seen in later tanks?!

Off to the unpatched version for me.

Regards.

MTB

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 67
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 67
I can imagine (hope) that the issue wont remain unaddressed. I actually never noticed the mismatch as I was admiring the loader animation at the very beginning when I got the game - before the patches. Nowadays I spend most of my time starring through the sights. On a similar note, the Iranian crew is wearing belt buckles with the Afghan flag on them.

ramas


Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,565 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1