SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
I downloaded the rise of flight demo and I am really impressed, I cannot believe how good this sim feels and plays.

I am interested in buying some planes but my expertise in WWI aviation is spotty at best so I did not hit the game with a favorite aircraft in mind (as I do with any WWII or later sims). I want a decent stable of planes that will offer me some decent multiplayer action and a good singleplayer experience.

Would just doing the $20 ICE upgrade work? I mean, the planes are pretty pricey and since I am just getting started, twenty clams is not such a hard price to swallow as it seems to add a good set of planes (most of them I want, like the DR-I and the Sopwith Camel) and seems to cut a large chunk of the price out of the equation.

Of coarse, I will end up rounding out the collection when I can, but money is tight so I must spend smartly.

So should I get the ICE upgrade? or should I just build up a couple at a time? and if so, what ones first?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Dude everything is half off still for the sale. Get on it quick before it ends.

Jason

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
are the upgrade packs also on sale? or will they continue at the current listed price?

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Upgrades are also on sale as well.

Jason

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
when does this sale end, I may not be able to get anything if the ICE upgrade price goes up!

I see the sale will probably end at some point today (my time), that will make it impossible to justify the expense to the wallet holder...I should have jumped sooner but I was unsure how much the sale covered.

Crap.

Last edited by startrekmike; 01/21/12 08:40 AM.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
On the plus side, you do have a free game with two planes to fly the hell out of until money is freed up.

Bombing with the Spad is a kick.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
I started just getting the main ones I have always liked, but gradually have added the rest even though I dont fly tyhem, thtas when the sales come in handy, do you have any Birthdays coming up maybe someone can buy you a couple of the main planes, say an Se5a a Camel a Dr1 and a DvII, that will get you in most online games if you like flying online.

Last edited by Tiger27; 01/23/12 04:35 AM.

III/JG11_Tiger
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
No birthday till september I am afraid, also, nobody to buy me anything anyway.

I will continue to practice both online and offline with the Albatros that is free with the demo (the Spad is not may style it seems).

Maybe someday I suppose, maybe someday.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
They seem to run sales a few times a year so just put some money away until the next sale comes up. Also, keep checking these forums. Sometimes people run contests and give away planes.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
Punt... hope you saw the 9.99 sale on ICE startrekmike.


Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,707 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1