SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 42
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 42
Did I just get lucky??? Anyone else check you emails!!! Hope my trackir5 and stuff will work OK in this!!!


core2quad q9550 2.833ghz
4gb ddr2
HD7850 2gb
U2211H monitor
Trackir5
Ch pedals
Ch fighterstick
Buttkicker Gamer2

Wishlist:
Rift VR Headset
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 170
M
Shrek 9th Air Strike Sqn
Member
Shrek 9th Air Strike Sqn
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 170
No comment on my inbox :P

Though be carefull: you still are under an NDA.


Lukas
-----------------------------------
Intel i5 4670K | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT Tempest | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H | 8GB DDR3-1600 Crusial Ballistix | Asus GTX570 DC-II | 2 x WD 500GB | Corsair HX1000W | 22�+18.5" Samsung | TrackIR 4 | HOTAS Warthog | G25 | W7 x64 Ultimate
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 42
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 42
Indeed that's all I shall share.


core2quad q9550 2.833ghz
4gb ddr2
HD7850 2gb
U2211H monitor
Trackir5
Ch pedals
Ch fighterstick
Buttkicker Gamer2

Wishlist:
Rift VR Headset
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,496
G
Stick to the plan man!
Member
Stick to the plan man!
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,496
Got mine yesterday. Played about 2 hours. Can't say more...


XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
I didn't get anything. I think MS has something against real pilots.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8,556
L
Hotshot
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8,556
NDA, en de shay.

Yes, of course we must be moral.


Hi, I'm Larry and this my brother Dayrle, and this is my other brother Dayrle.
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
A
Check out my
Senior Member
Check out my
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think the Flight team spends much time on Sim forums....



biggrin


My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,094
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,094
Good reminder, just checked my e-mail and I've got a key smile


To..
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
No key here yet, either...

UPDATE:
but the youtube searches for "MS Flight Beta" thanks to people who violate the NDA seem to show I am not missing much compared to FSX+ORBX... definitely looks better than FSX default but definitely not FSX plus recent addons, also apparently no TrackIR support ouch!

Still interested to check out how it runs on my machine and it may be fun for kids like Wii Resort flight is fun, but looks to be no threat to FSX or XP10 or Prepar3D.

Last edited by kludger; 01/06/12 02:00 AM. Reason: youtube

[email protected], GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
What no track IR WTF

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 71
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 71
Just a heads up. It turns out you don't need a key to play. I downloaded it just now. When it asked for a key, I just closed the games for windows live bar, and it continued to let me play the game. It had all of the map, and all the planes. The only thing you can't use is multiplayer.

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 753
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 753
Beta = no TrackIR.

Honestly, in this day and age with the concept of open betas widely known, you'd think people would use one tiny bit of intelligence and realise that full features may not be in a beta release. The western world's sense of entitlement is really appalling at times.

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
Originally Posted By: lord_doom
Just a heads up. It turns out you don't need a key to play. I downloaded it just now. When it asked for a key, I just closed the games for windows live bar, and it continued to let me play the game. It had all of the map, and all the planes. The only thing you can't use is multiplayer.


Could you point me to where I can download it?

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 71
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 71
Originally Posted By: coreyhkh
Originally Posted By: lord_doom
Just a heads up. It turns out you don't need a key to play. I downloaded it just now. When it asked for a key, I just closed the games for windows live bar, and it continued to let me play the game. It had all of the map, and all the planes. The only thing you can't use is multiplayer.


Could you point me to where I can download it?


I found the link in the description of a youtube video that has since been taken down. I did some digging through my history though, and managed to find it

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1134/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=40434

It's hosted by microsoft so it seems pretty legit. As I say, when it asks you for the key, just click on the cross on the windows live bar at the top. Everything works other than the online components.

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 129
damm it got taken down.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 109
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 109
Originally Posted By: Alexi_Alx_Anova
Beta = no TrackIR.

Honestly, in this day and age with the concept of open betas widely known, you'd think people would use one tiny bit of intelligence and realise that full features may not be in a beta release. The western world's sense of entitlement is really appalling at times.


That is because too many times features that are not included in the beta (that were assumed would be included in the final release) end up not being included in the final release.

I have a feeling that Flight in its current form already includes all of the features that it will come with. I could (and hope to) be wrong here but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

For the record it also doesn't support force feedback.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
Flight is not targeted at people who own TrackIR or even a joystick.

Maybe it'll be part of the "Advanced Flight" kit, for which, you will pay extra.

Who needs force feedback when you can fly with the mouse?


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,839 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1