SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,685
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,685
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
This more than anything is why the internet is a pitfall for a lot of people. One or more people draw the wrong conclusion or just like to stir things up with their heavy handed criticism and they make a statement that others take as fact and then is followed by angry forum threads denouncing the product and saying they've been ripped-off and wanting to rile everyone else up as much as they can. Others looking for true information because they are researching a title to purchase see these posts and thinking they must be legit also spread the word so the title ends up being killed by the lack of sales do to basically false information. I bought the title and I bought it because I wanted to see for myself fully knowing it might not run on my machine. In fact people told me what I had wouldn't be able to, and without any tweaking and setting my axis I jumped in and was pleasantly surprised to find out you know what? I can run it and not all the criticism is unfounded but it can be made better and probably will be. I don't believe anything I see in the Dev forums unless a Dev is writing it. One vocal person in a Forum thread tweaking about his problem being the end of the game for him doesn't mean he hasn't got an issue, he's just resorted to written kicking and screaming about something he doesn't understand how to fix.
It's hard to sometimes differentiate what is being written by a rational adult and an irrational teen. Not that I think we have that problem here but on the banana boards with translations and guessing they come up with some wild speculation sometimes.


+1

I think Bisher's sig says it best. Basically, "I realize CoD is broken and is crap software, so I'll apologize now for enjoying it so much!" (or words to that effect - his sig cracks me up every time I read it. LOL )

I'm an unabashed fanboi. Of late I've been flying online a LOT, using Teamspeak with a fairly large (and growing) group of regulars. Can't tell you how much I enjoy spawning online in a Spit or Hurri, push-to-talk on Teamspeak with "Hi guys, Snapper here warming up in Hawkinge: where are you guys right now?" I ALWAYS get warm greetings back with updates on who's doing what and "So hurry your a$$ out here, there's lots of 109's to go around!". Talk about immersion! TBH, I'd rather be discussing tactics, or settings tweaks, than justifying my choice of sim or theorizing about what the devs are dropping the ball on next. At this point, folks' minds are made up. Even those who are on the fence about jumping in....they will if they really want to or won't if they're not keen in the first place. There's plenty of yay and nay posts in all the CoD forums; people will choose to read the ones that affirm the direction they're leaning anyway.

FM's suck? Whatever. They seem real enough to me -- I have very little stick time in a real Spitfire. Uh, none actually. Campaign sucks? Absolutely! Guess I won't be earning a DFC to show my friends anytime soon. But the offline single & quick missions are dandy to practice and improve my gunnery skills, not to mention getting better with full CEM skills so I don't need on-screen icons and can wring out maximum performance w/o frying a Merlin doing it. For my 50 bucks spent on CoD, I've spent somewhat more than that on two 560 Ti cards (yep, SLI doesn't work. So they keep telling me. popcorn ), Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, and Track IR5. And I NEED every lever, switch, button, and axis they give me. The trick is to not need to look at 'em while two 109's are tag teaming on you and your hands are busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger. Offline flying is good for practicing that.

My one regret is that I've installed Heinkill's fantastic Keep Fatty Alive missions and not gotten into it yet. frown Soon. I'm trying to figure out how to assign joystick buttons in FRAPS (as opposed to keyboard assignments), so I don't have to figure out the Warthog/Cougar TARGET software. I wanna take screenshots and make nifty movies of these missions, but need to have the FRAPS record-controls handy on my joystick/throttle. Haven't heard from the FRAPS people on this for over a week now.....not good.

So, all to say: I know CoD is broken with missing features and crap codec, so I apologize for having so much FUN with it! biggrin. (sorry for stealing your sig message, Bish!)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
lol ya Snapper I think it's time to pull that sig up again smile

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
Well written Snapper! I agree with basically all that you said. The phrase "I realize CoD is broken and is crap software, so I'll apologize now for enjoying it so much!" is pretty much spot on. It's just mind blowing that some that are having fun with it are hell bent on bashing people that are having issues with this " broken crap software". The door should swing both ways IMO.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,685
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,685
Originally Posted By: Force10
Well written Snapper! I agree with basically all that you said. The phrase "I realize CoD is broken and is crap software, so I'll apologize now for enjoying it so much!" is pretty much spot on. It's just mind blowing that some that are having fun with it are hell bent on bashing people that are having issues with this " broken crap software". The door should swing both ways IMO.


Agree, Force 10, completely. Those who are having issues seem to fall into a number of categories (I hate pigeon-holing people, but for the sake of discussion...what the hey! smile )

1. They have a crap PC running Win 95. OK, I'm exaggerating here, but you get guys that have minimal specs griping that CoD runs like crap. I'll invest as much time in helping them as they have in upgrading their PC's ie. not much. Sounds harsh....and it is. Time's up.

2. They have a good PC but CoD runs like crap. Now it comes down to attitude. "ROF looks like a million bucks on my system, but CoD is terrible!" Solution: Play ROF. It IS beautiful. However, if it's "I've got some decent PC specs but it just doesn't run well; what can I do?" Then I am only too glad to work with them through it providing they're willing to try different settings, etc. if I can't find the answer, then I'll turn to Fearless Frog (who actually knows what he's talking about re PC's). But one way or another -- we'll get CoD working. Crap codec is relative. I'm still knocked out by the beauty of the cockpits, the detail of the planes, landscape, etc. etc etc Could it be better? Sure! (But my wife says the same about ME!)

3. The rest. Their minds are made up. CoD is crap. Period. Some have actually even bought the game. Regardless, I won't bash them. Truth be told, I've moved on. Too busy flying CoD or, hopefully, working with someone from (2) above.

I've been in this forum, off and on, for a long time. It took me a long time to figure out that you get all kinds stopping in here. Life is too short to spend even 5 seconds caught up in a thread which you don't enjoy. Guys want to take issue with things-CoD? Fine. Take it up with the devs. Guys want to relate experiences with CoD, get more info, figure things out? Then I'm in! smile


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,685
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,685
Originally Posted By: bisher
lol ya Snapper I think it's time to pull that sig up again smile


Yes!!!!! That sig is classic! wink


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 19,381
newbie
Veteran
newbie
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 19,381
Originally Posted By: ATAG_Snapper
Could it be better? Sure! (But my wife says the same about ME!)



AT LAST! ...some honesty on the forums.







































wink


My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships


Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,077
N
Senior Member
Senior Member
N Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,077
There's another way to look at it. All I see is basically guys who never flew Il-2 original enthralled with its replacement. Where are all the veteran online flyers, the majority of online combat vids I see posted are of mere amateurs in the basic learning phases.

The old school Il-2 flyers were able throw up some real numbers and action, are conspicuous in their absence. Doubt you'll be hearing from them any time soon, they've voted with their feet. Don't bode well for your games longevity, say what you may, but you won't make it very far without these guys back in the fold.

Sad part is most don't even know they've left the building.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Wow those old school IL2 fliers sure seem to be swell group of guys.

Do you mean that those who have left the building don't know they've left, or those who are still in the building don't know others have left? This complicates things.

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
Originally Posted By: Force10
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
spread the word so the title ends up being killed by the lack of sales do to basically false information.


Thats the spirit! CLOD's issues are all the gamers fault and those of us having issues are just spreading false rumors. Well, us gamers and about a dozen gaming review sites.
Didn't say that, your conclusion This isn't the only Forum I visit, I see a lot of crap people post

Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
he's just resorted to written kicking and screaming about something he doesn't understand how to fix.


Yes, we all know the flight sim crowd is the most ignorant when it comes to computers. We don't know how to troubleshoot anything, we just throw up our hands at the first sign of trouble and go to a forum and start bashing.
many don't know how to open the case, and many would rather complain than learn

It's this kind of "blinders on" thinking that is killing flight sims. Just because a few people can run a sim decent, the rest of us must be morons that don't know what their doing. Nice.

Hey I don't have blinders on bud my eyes and my mind is open, but if you feel inadequate I'm sorry.

I see that your habit for pulling a single sentence out of context and expounding on it is in full swing, yet I stand by my words. I guess that you are are at least half my age just from the vitriol you have posted so far and you feel like you were promised something, you are disappointed that there are some obvious problems with the game and you expect them to be fixed and that's all fine I agree but you are making assumptions that are not in any of the posts you are quoting and I think it is sad that you can read so much between the lines while leaving out the bits that are clear as day.
Black 6 said he wouldn't wait for a patch (why, is he himself part of the team?) but it was only his opinion. My take on this as I'm sure others see it is this; Work was temporarily halted on both titles, they are re-writing code, if the code on one titled is bugged then it would probably stand to reason that they might have to go back and start over on the expansion/sequel or at least wait till the problem is solved before continuing. They are not working on the dynamic weather features for CoD but they are for BoM, why because they are re writing the graphics engine first but after they start working on the expansion again they will (my opinion). Remember, they are pulling this off the Russian site and not directly addressing it on the English site so translation may not be completely accurate but I assume B6 at least understands it. We are close to the Holidays and they may not be anticipating getting much done with some of these new problems and the Holiday break so they are not going to do anything about it till after so...ergo "I wouldn't wait for a patch"


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
Originally Posted By: Force10
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
spread the word so the title ends up being killed by the lack of sales do to basically false information.


Thats the spirit! CLOD's issues are all the gamers fault and those of us having issues are just spreading false rumors. Well, us gamers and about a dozen gaming review sites.
Didn't say that, your conclusion This isn't the only Forum I visit, I see a lot of crap people post

Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
he's just resorted to written kicking and screaming about something he doesn't understand how to fix.


Yes, we all know the flight sim crowd is the most ignorant when it comes to computers. We don't know how to troubleshoot anything, we just throw up our hands at the first sign of trouble and go to a forum and start bashing.
many don't know how to open the case, and many would rather complain than learn

It's this kind of "blinders on" thinking that is killing flight sims. Just because a few people can run a sim decent, the rest of us must be morons that don't know what their doing. Nice.

Hey I don't have blinders on bud my eyes and my mind is open, but if you feel inadequate I'm sorry.

I see that your habit for pulling a single sentence out of context and expounding on it is in full swing, yet I stand by my words. I guess that you are are at least half my age just from the vitriol you have posted so far and you feel like you were promised something, you are disappointed that there are some obvious problems with the game and you expect them to be fixed and that's all fine I agree but you are making assumptions that are not in any of the posts you are quoting and I think it is sad that you can read so much between the lines while leaving out the bits that are clear as day.
Black 6 said he wouldn't wait for a patch (why, is he himself part of the team?) but it was only his opinion. My take on this as I'm sure others see it is this; Work was temporarily halted on both titles, they are re-writing code, if the code on one titled is bugged then it would probably stand to reason that they might have to go back and start over on the expansion/sequel or at least wait till the problem is solved before continuing. They are not working on the dynamic weather features for CoD but they are for BoM, why because they are re writing the graphics engine first but after they start working on the expansion again they will (my opinion). Remember, they are pulling this off the Russian site and not directly addressing it on the English site so translation may not be completely accurate but I assume B6 at least understands it. We are close to the Holidays and they may not be anticipating getting much done with some of these new problems and the Holiday break so they are not going to do anything about it till after so...ergo "I wouldn't wait for a patch"


Well, if you are half my age than that makes you 86! thumbsup I can assure you that I am a responsible person with a wife and 2 kids. I am not making any assumptions about what B6 said, and frankly I don't see that as the issue. I think it is totally irresponsible of 1C to even talk about a sequel at the state that CLOD it's in right now. With a sequel in the works at this stage, CLOD is going to get less fixing and less focus on it. I want CLOD to be the best it can be first, than we can talk sequel. I also know my way around computers just fine, and built a couple rigs before the one I have now, just don't like your implication that if CLOD isn't running good, its because I don't know how to troubleshoot or tweak.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
In case it matters regarding the halting of the patch. In regards to Black Six' remark about the beta patch possibly being finished before end of the year and the possibility of the FINAL patch never being released as some have erroneously thought. Just for clarification to remove any doubt that the patch is being worked on and will be presented to the community.


From 1C forums:

#316 Today, 05:45 AM
BlackSix
Member Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Moscow, Russian Federation
Posts: 57




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl E
Hang on. Why did tree get banned pointing out the truth?

Seriously. Black 6 has indicated we should not wait for the next patch. It is starting to sound like the development of CloD has been shelved indefinitely.

Censorship of the rightful anger customers feel about this situation will only further anger long time loyal members of the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl E
I agree. Black 6 saying "I wouldn't wait for the next patch" is pretty grim.

I would take it as read that CloD has been abandoned. As as tree points out, if dynamic weather will not be "back dated" to CloD then it will not be compatible with the Moscow game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix
One more time. I said that maybe this year will be released the beta version of the patch. Maybe. The final version of the patch this year will not appear. We have not stopped working on CloD.

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
Regardless of how good the working parts of this game might be, there's basic functionality we were told would be in this product that is not there. This game is far from perfect even in the parts that work, with even basic stuff needing to be worked on. And now to be told that it won't be included for the money I've already given 1C, and that I'd have to wait for a sequel to get, is deceptive. I've always been a supporter of CoD, but the recent announcements have given me pause in my exuberance.

Imagine buying a car (lets use Porsche for this example), paying for leather seats, HD radio, traction control, bluetooth functionality. Having the car delivered, yes, its a Porsche, but it accelerates like a Prius, which they look into and slowly get up to Mustang speed. Due to problems in the manufacturing process, the leather was bad, and they've put in cloth seats to get you by while they wait to get the leather ones right. The radio works, but only picks up 2 stations, traction control throttles the car down bad, even no where near the limits of grip, and bluetooth wasn't even installed. After 3-4 months, you're still waiting, although they've taken the car back and improved certain things.

Finally, you get a letter, telling you they're about to solve all these issues. These resolutions to your problem will be available in the next model Porsche, which they'd like you to buy, and will no longer be part of the package you already bought.

If this happened in any other industry, we'd see class action lawsuits against the manufacturer.

Yes, the working parts of the game are good, the CEM and DM are some of the best available for our niche. But this is still far from what was promised, and we shouldn't have to pay again to get it to what it was marketed as.

My beef isn't with the game, which is what the uninformed seem to say works perfectly. The business model in which you promise one thing, fail to deliver, then say you'll fix these in the next product, is a terrible idea.

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
@ Force10 this is now bordering on ridiculous, I never said you don't know how to tweak, jeez. I think you are taking this to the extreme, you want everyone to see your side of it to the point where it's almost a given that any post started about CoD will have you posting about how crappy You think it is and that you are not the only one who feels this way, I don't share that feeling and many others agree that while there are issues to fix they aren't preventing them from enjoying it so far with the premise that it will get fixed. And while the analogy Cheesehawk gives might be stretching it, I concede that some people see things this way but I don't see 1C forcing us to buy the next installment to fix the first one, remember if they plan on merging them like IL-2 they will have to bring them up to the same version. So lets just wait and see and if what you think is true actually happens, if it does I'll post that you were indeed right to think that way. I just prefer not to make any assumptions just yet. And by the way I'm 52 and I build my own PC's have something like 60 odd games installed and not all of them work the way that I wish they would but I don't feel cheated by anyone except maybe Bill Gates.


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
@KRT_Bong

If you look at my post history, you will only see activity in the CLOD forum in the last week or so. Before that, it was just the odd post here or there since release asking questions and being generally positive. You have the impression that I am on some "crusade" and that's all you see. I only purchased this sim because of the forum members saying "Don't worry, they will fix it". So yeah, right now I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did. With the talk of this sequel, I'm pissed. I could care less about the battle of Moscow, I wanted CLOD to be the best darn sim that we could have for the BOB. Now it's going to get less attention because of this sequel.

This is the important part, just because my opinion is different than yours, doesn't mean I'm not entitled to have one.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3


'I only purchased this sim because of the forum members saying "Don't worry, they will fix it".

I don't suppose you'll be doing this again, and you shouldn't IMO

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,065
Likes: 19
Don't take any of this personal, I started with IL-2 . I have played it through all it's iterations including the "prototype" version which is totally stand alone and I couldn't figure out how to fix most of the difficulties I encountered. I had to learn and now I can take it apart and put it back together again, I have Beta'd Mods for it and seen some cool stuff that Oleg said wasn't possible but sometimes they were really buggy builds and it took time to get right, yet people persevered and now they have moving re-spawnable Dogfights in IL-2. I have no doubt that on the face of it you feel like you should expect to get what you pay for, and you should.
But in this industry that's not always the case and it's rather perceived and intangible at best. I am as much wanting to see this new "build" as the next guy, but I also fully expect that something else will break in the process and the community will make darn sure that the devs know about it you can count on it. Don't worry they'll fix it (and if they don't you can bet the mod community will).


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 811
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 811

No CoD is not a big box of crap, but its not a box of fried catfish either. duck


my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 38
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 38
The development team have said that there will be natural progression for CoD just as was the case for Il2, PF,AEP and 46 where new code was developed and blended into the merged sim. They are working on new code and have said that it would be pointless to release it when finished as it would only be a matter of a few weeks before BfM. It looks like we will have to wait for BfM to get more issues fixed. Guess that they consider the remaining issues we have are minor even though they admit some were broken just prior to release of CoD and didn't get fixed, Sli support being one.

This is an answer to a question put to the team about 10 months ago: -



2. Q: I have an above-recommended SLI video card set up and my FPS is very low.

A: At some point in the very hectic pre-release rush, we have broken SLI support and we have not yet been able to discover the reason for it. We are working very hard to re-enable it. In the meantime, disabling SLI will significantly boost your FPS.


Rick

Last edited by RickRuski; 12/28/11 07:36 AM.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Originally Posted By: RickRuski
The development team have said that there will be natural progression for CoD just as was the case for Il 2, PF,AEP and 46 where new code was developed and blended into the merged sim. They are working on new code and have said that it would be pointless to release it when finished as it would only be a matter of a few weeks before BfM. It looks like we will have to wait for Bba to get more issues fixed. Guess that they consider the remaining issues we have are minor even though they admit some were broken just prior to release of CoD and didn't get fixed, Sli support being one.

Rick


I agree the developer has stated that all sequels can be Standalone or Merged in a natural progression. The developer said they are also working on patches for COD, but didn't say they were tied to the release of BOM. Some major features could be tied to BOM, but common sense tells us that other fixes could be released sooner, like the new graphic engine, and sound, etc if they're fixed before BOM is ready for release.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 38
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 38
For those that haven't seen the latest information from Black Six and the questions that were put to luthier and his replies, here's the link.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28633

Cheers

Rick

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,081,762 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1