SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 11 of 23 1 2 … 9 10 11 12 13 … 22 23
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: RAF74_Raptor
Ordered Joining the club


thumbsup


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 85
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 85
Originally Posted By: gyr
I'm having some issues with my new Obutto. I put it together last night and a few things are muddying my enthusiasm for this product.

1. I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs, and the seat seems too small on my hips. I can't sit with my butt all the way back without some decent discomfort and even scooting forward doesn't really help much. I'm not a big guy and alot of other people who sound much bigger keep talking about how comfortable this chair is. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not enthused about spending this amount of money to have to replace the chair.

2. The fit of the support bar and the keyboard/mouse tray is also not very tight. The inside of the tray bar is rough and only a couple of slides back and forth are really dinging up the paint on the support bar. It seems any amount of moving the supports is going to eat through the paint.

I'd appreciate any help that others have. Was I expecting too much?

Thanks


#2 Lift the tray as you slide it, its just square tubing inside square tubing so the fit is not like a bearing surface.
Don't comment or worry for at least 2 weeks, you will be adjusting and trying alot of things for at least that long if not longer...
Being able to do this is a good thing....

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 85
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 85
Stalker




Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Gyr,

Regarding your first point, I know what you mean. I am about 180lbs and just fit comfortably into the chair. I can imagine a wider person finding it too narrow.


Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
R
Jurrasic
Member
Jurrasic
Member
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
I am still looking forward to mine cant wait till the 15th


Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
T
Sim Addict
Member
Sim Addict
Member
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
You will love it, I've really adjusted to the center mount and 10cm stick extension.

Now control in ROF is VERY precise, maneuvers all seem more energy efficient I get it just right, preventing stalls is easier now too. I could never go back now.

I am still adjusting to using TM MFDs in Black Shark, I'm so used to clicking the cockpit, but the MFDs add alot to the cockpit experience as well.

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
T
Sim Addict
Member
Sim Addict
Member
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
Originally Posted By: peppergomez
Gyr,

Regarding your first point, I know what you mean. I am about 180lbs and just fit comfortably into the chair. I can imagine a wider person finding it too narrow.


I'm about 200 and 6"2, it's just ok for me, I have an incentive not to put on weight as it would get tight in there. if I have the throttle far enough forward it's more comfortable. If its back I find it a bit tight for the shoulders.

I only attach the keyboard tray if I'm going to do some skyrim or Arma2, but it can make it a bit cramped - I also have the table.
In the keyboard tray slot on the right I normally put the shifter mount with my mouse may and mouse on top and rotate it in only after getting in.

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
N
Veteran
Veteran
N Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
The flight stick mounts should be shipping soon from Main PC. Been waiting on one for a few months now.


Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Should be shipping on Monday.

Originally Posted By: MainPerformance
We are hoping to ship all pre-orders for Obutto on Monday as long as the Port Authority releases our container...


I can't wait. I'm planning out how to attach my Warthog under the seat to be able to use the Warthog Extender.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
T
Sim Addict
Member
Sim Addict
Member
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
I cut the extension right down to only a small gap between the 2 end pieces, and then I mount it right flat on the front of the seat.

It's not as long as some, but it's the way I use it wink seriously I tried the full length and I prefer it much more like this for dogfighting or even precise control of the Blackshark

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
M
Owner Main Performance PC
Junior Member
Owner Main Performance PC
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
Originally Posted By: gyr
I'm having some issues with my new Obutto. I put it together last night and a few things are muddying my enthusiasm for this product.

1. I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs, and the seat seems too small on my hips. I can't sit with my butt all the way back without some decent discomfort and even scooting forward doesn't really help much. I'm not a big guy and alot of other people who sound much bigger keep talking about how comfortable this chair is. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not enthused about spending this amount of money to have to replace the chair.

2. The fit of the support bar and the keyboard/mouse tray is also not very tight. The inside of the tray bar is rough and only a couple of slides back and forth are really dinging up the paint on the support bar. It seems any amount of moving the supports is going to eat through the paint.

I'd appreciate any help that others have. Was I expecting too much?

Thanks


Hi gyr,


sorry for the late reply, but wanted to address this:

The seat needs time to "Break-In" and does become more comfortable with use. I recently replaced my Obutto with a new one, and had the same issue. I am much bigger then you are (300lbs) and find it to be very comfortable now after about 4 weeks since I got it replaced.

The keyboard mouse tray is designed to slide like it does, and will scrape the paint, but is working as designed. To reduce the friction if you desire, some cooking oil spray, or lithium grease will eliminate the squeaking and the scraping off of the paint.


Michael G. Main - President
Main Performance PC LLC.
http://www.mainperformancepc.com/
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
R
Jurrasic
Member
Jurrasic
Member
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
Ahh hurry upo 27th I am ready to get this thing put together in my man cave


Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
W00T out for delivery!


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
@Panther

Suck it west-coaster! smile

27th or 28th I believe for mine

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
Broke down and ordered one today. Going to try it with my 40" LCD first. Grabbed a Fanatec wheel and clubsport pedals to go with it. Trying to get into iRacing and see if I like it.


Other than the CH ones, what rudders fit in this pit? (for when I am not flying my 737 pit or driving)

Last edited by jskibo; 12/26/11 09:56 PM.
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
J
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Originally Posted By: jskibo
Other than the CH ones, what rudders fit in this pit? (for when I am not flying my 737 pit or driving)


Simpeds don't fit directly. Taipan posted pictures of placing some "2X4" under the pedal-screen-keyboard frame, just a page back. (or more, as I only am on page 5 as the last page)

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
T
Sim Addict
Member
Sim Addict
Member
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 498
I got used to using the simpeds but the Obutto moves over time and have to adjust its position on the plank every now and then smile

I tried to find a metal worker in Sydney who would do the alterations like shown above, but unfortunately no one wants to do such a small job. I'll try again when the economy slows down some more..

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
R
Jurrasic
Member
Jurrasic
Member
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
Mine has arrived and is assembled. Messed up a little on the warthog driling but made it work. Triple Monitor mount should be here wed.


Seat is comfy


Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: RAF74_Raptor
Mine has arrived and is assembled. Messed up a little on the warthog driling but made it work. Triple Monitor mount should be here wed.

Seat is comfy


Pictures, pictures! smile


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
R
Jurrasic
Member
Jurrasic
Member
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 574
Just as soon as it is complete I swear just added Triple 27 in monitors


Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
Page 11 of 23 1 2 … 9 10 11 12 13 … 22 23

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,300 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1