|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
|
|
Frugalite & P-38 fan Senior Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812 |
Does Chrome have a plug-in like HTTPS-Everywhere? I think it hasn't yet. Can't browse without that, No-Script, Flashblock and AdBlock. I'd feel like performing that scene in MiB, but then Tommy Lee Jones shouts "Hack me, Hack ME!". 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,148 Likes: 2
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,148 Likes: 2 |
Well, I can't complain. No crashes, decent performance with FF8. Imo it's better than FF7, which was porked.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,085
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,085 |
I think Chrome can do silent updates without user action. I wonder if something similar can be done with Firefox? If it is doing silent updates (which is okay with me), then I suppose my real frustration with Firefox is the nagging every couple of weeks about a new version being available. If it'd just download and install them silently, I'd be happy.
"...for who are so free as the sons of the waves?"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573 Likes: 11
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573 Likes: 11 |
I let Firefox do its thing automatically. It does warn me during an update if something is incompatible -- but that's a choice I made. Here's the screen -- found under Firefox/Options/Options: 
Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, ( 4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794 |
Allen and fatty, yes I think that does the trick. I know I read a few Firefox users looking for tech support on why their versions were updating without there knowledge. I don't use those options in Seamonkey or Firefox, so I can't verify the behavior of that function.
WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 22,854
Lifer
|
|
Lifer
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 22,854 |
I'm not happy with Firefox this week: now it forgets my choice of icon functions (bookmark and History).
My buddy's does the same thing too, and he's using a different version, different OS than me. Then I read on a forum that others are seeing the same problem.
POLITICS, WAR, ECONOMY, CONTROVERSY! and other heated discussions and debates in the PWEC sub-forum at the bottom of this forum main page. See you there!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573 Likes: 11
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573 Likes: 11 |
Firefox seems to have a very convenient feature. It knows where to put regularly downloaded files from different sites -- even though they go to different folders. I didn't read about this feature. It just seems to work that way in the last couple (?) versions.
For example, when I download graphics drivers from AMD/ATI, they are put in the correct AMD/ATI graphics driver folder -- regardless of where other downloads were put in the interim. A certain other item I download weekly from a different site is also put in its correct folder without me doing anything.
Wasn't always that way. In the past, it only remembered the last folder used. So, if alternating downloads from different sites, I had to manually point to the unique download folder each time. Now I just click "save" and Firefox does the rest.
Like I say, it seems this way -- I have not read about it to know the limitations, if any. Other browsers may do the same -- since its an obviously great feature to have.
Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, ( 4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|